Rudy T

Jim Calhoun just got a contract extention at UCONN...and trust me that was big news...I live in Connecticut....i don't think he'd be looking to leave until his contract is up...plus if i were a laker fan i wouldn't be so happy to have Calhoun considering he's coached for so long in the college ranks and he's gotten the privelage to coach some good kids (behavior wise)... look at whats happening in Golden State...i mean every coach is different...but thats definetly the worst case scenario

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Gargamel said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to cherry pick the college ranks, Jim Calhoun has already been name-dropped by the media. As usual, media and leaguewide fanbases are jumping the gun a tad here. Frank Hamblen will most likely complete the season.
Jerry Tarktanian is avalialbe... would Kobe and Co. have a problem with ocasionaly doing some of his Vegas friends a favor?

I'd much rather have Tex Winters come back as an assitant coach under Frank Hamblin and see how the Lakers fare from there. They still need to add a legit big man, but point remains.

It's also interesting to note how many more assists the Lakers have racked up since Hamblin took over for Rudy a few days ago.

KA_2 said:
I'd much rather have Tex Winters come back as an assitant coach under Frank Hamblin and see how the Lakers fare from there. They still need to add a legit big man, but point remains.

It's also interesting to note how many more assists the Lakers have racked up since Hamblin took over for Rudy a few days ago.
Word is Hamblen doesn't want to head coach at this point in his career. He was an interim head coach with the 92 Bucks after they fired Del Harris, but that was his only head stint in 30+ years until now. He's always been content as an assistant. Who knows tho?... Maybe he can be coaxed into it.

Why not make Kobe the coach .. he does it any way with Rudy T around ... "hey coach just tell them to give me the ball" , now he can say " just throw me the ball " :D :D :D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Andriod_KiNg said:
Why not make Kobe the coach .. he does it any way with Rudy T around ... "hey coach just tell them to give me the ball" , now he can say " just throw me the ball " :D :D :D
Funy I was thinking the same thing. If Kobe is going to act like a player coach why not make it offical?

Gargamel said:
Word is Hamblen doesn't want to head coach at this point in his career. He was an interim head coach with the 92 Bucks after they fired Del Harris, but that was his only head stint in 30+ years until now. He's always been content as an assistant. Who knows tho?... Maybe he can be coaxed into it.
Where'd you hear that?