Rookie Watch 2022-2023

Ivey looks about as expected. Some amazing flashes and then just some god awful "Oh crap he's 3 years away" type moments too. Big thing I'll want to see is if he can get his jumper to be at least passable; the explosivness looks great, but teams are pretty quickly going to start taking that away.

Ivey looks about as expected. Some amazing flashes and then just some god awful "Oh crap he's 3 years away" type moments too. Big thing I'll want to see is if he can get his jumper to be at least passable; the explosivness looks great, but teams are pretty quickly going to start taking that away.
His jumper isn't broken.

Miami's lack of length/size imo might force them into actually playing Jovic right away and soon, they are probably the smallest NBA team in recent memory.

The Utah Jazz big man has had some really nice plays so far including a massive double blocks vs the Twolves, he's not spectacular but knows clearly what he's doing.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I am still a huge believer in Jabari Smith Jr.'s potential but, man, I'm so glad we didn't have to be in the position where we drafted him only to see Keegan and Benn putting up monster nights pretty much every game.

I am still a huge believer in Jabari Smith Jr.'s potential but, man, I'm so glad we didn't have to be in the position where we drafted him only to see Keegan and Benn putting up monster nights pretty much every game.
Eason has been disappointing as well after going nuclear in preseason.

One thing about Jabari is if his offense can even get to respectable levels, he's going to be a great player because he has all the tools to be a first team defensive player.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eason has been disappointing as well after going nuclear in preseason.

One thing about Jabari is if his offense can even get to respectable levels, he's going to be a great player because he has all the tools to be a first team defensive player.
Eason was always going to look better in preseason where the play is sloppier. He thrives when he can freelance and make plays on both ends. His two biggest growth areas continue to be playing under control in more structured offensive & defensive sets and consistent outside shooting.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Eason was always going to look better in preseason where the play is sloppier. He thrives when he can freelance and make plays on both ends. His two biggest growth areas continue to be playing under control in more structured offensive & defensive sets and consistent outside shooting.
The issue there is that I’m not sure the Rockets are necessarily the best place for that to happen. The only guy on that roster who seems remotely interested in running any sort of offense is Sengun and Green and KPJ barely pass him the ball enough as is.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
The issue there is that I’m not sure the Rockets are necessarily the best place for that to happen. The only guy on that roster who seems remotely interested in running any sort of offense is Sengun and Green and KPJ barely pass him the ball enough as is.
True. Eason would have been better off dropping a couple slots to the Spurs. At least if Pop will stick it out for a couple more seasons.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dyson Daniels misses free throws that would have sealed a win over the Lakers for the Pels. Matt Ryan immediately hits a buzzer beater there’s to send it to overtime. This all not even five minutes after Dyson was getting called a Lebron stopper

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I feel like people would be talking about Shaedon Sharpe being a bust were it not for his monthly highlight dunks. Inconsistent shooter and struggles to get his own shot off at the NBA level thus far. Dude has tools but this is gonna be another Anfernee Simons situation where it'll take the Blazers a good three or four years to see any results.