Response from Dishnetwork

C Diddy said:
Keep in mind that in some directions, for example: North of Arco Arena, the radius increases to 100 miles, while other directions (West-Southwest) the distance shrinks to 45-50 miles because of the Warriors coverage zones. 75 miles is a rough figure.
But I could swear I had a friend in Yuba City who watched all the games on League Pass. Was I mistaken?

rhuber said:
But I could swear I had a friend in Yuba City who watched all the games on League Pass. Was I mistaken?
no you werent mistaking....the only reason that they will be blacked out is because they will be locally broadcasted...last year, there was no local tv deal, other then news 10...so every game that wasnt on news 10 or national tv, was on nba league pass...this year theres the comcast sports network channel, which will broadcast every game thats not on news 10 or national tv...therefore, it is available in the area, whether you have cable or not, you still are capable of getting it......

thats why it would be blacked out

summary: last season, games not on news 10 or national tv = picked up by league pass on other team's broadcasts

this season: games not on news 10 or national tv = picked up by comcast sports network

GoSACtown said:
...therefore, it is available in the area, whether you have cable or not, you still are capable of getting it......
Ahhhhhhhhh HA! See, that's exactly my dilemma... I'm capable of getting it WHERE?!?!? The only subscription TV service options available in the Woodland area (that I'm aware of) are Charter Communications and DirectTV... and I've been unable to verify that either will carry the comcast sports network channel (in fact Charter explicitly told me they have no plans to do so). If anyone knows of a company that serves my area that will broadcast the games, let me know... I'll dig into it.

A TV without King's Games is like a bun with no hotdog... what's the point!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
rhuber said:
Ahhhhhhhhh HA! See, that's exactly my dilemma... I'm capable of getting it WHERE?!?!? The only subscription TV service options available in the Woodland area (that I'm aware of) are Charter Communications and DirectTV... and I've been unable to verify that either will carry the comcast sports network channel (in fact Charter explicitly told me they have no plans to do so). If anyone knows of a company that serves my area that will broadcast the games, let me know... I'll dig into it.

A TV without King's Games is like a bun with no hotdog... what's the point!
This is the problem with allowing a cable company to have primary broadcast rights.

You can't get Comcast, so you couldn't sign up for it if you wanted to, but unless your cable provider opts to purchase the new channel, you're up bleep creek...

You might want to consider becoming best friends with my mom. She lives in Davis, has Comcast, and will be watching all the games. She's so used to me and my Kings mania, if you showed up at her door dressed in a jersey, she'd probably just let you in.

;)

If DirectTV or DishNetwork decide to offer the channel, that would be the way to go. DishNetwork is available pretty much everywhere, provided you have room to place a dish. There is no exclusivity of coverage that I know of that would preclude DishNet from an area.

Here is the reply I got. Not sure why I would be assigned "FSN Bay Area" when I live in Placer County??? Not able to get Comcast in my area. I guess I am out of luck this year.

Dear Josh,

Thanks for writing. We offer 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) from
across the nation, which show professional, college, and both domestic
and international amateur sports (such as soccer, tennis, boxing, golf,
rugby, winter sports, etc.), as well as coaches shows and other
specialized programming.

Based on your zip code, you have been assigned "FSN Bay Area" as your
local RSN. You are authorized to view the pro and college games shown on
that channel. Due to contractual broadcast rights between the networks
and the leagues, those who live outside of your area are not authorized
to view the same games.

If you were to order the NBA LEAGUE PASS, the Kings would be blacked