Report: 76ers requested multiple first-rounders to trade Ben Simmons for Kings’ Tyrese Haliburton or Hawks’ John Collins

N

NBC Sports

76ers president Daryl Morey said he lowered his asking price for Ben Simmons from a list of about 30 trade targets to a “top-40 player who’s a great fit.”

Continue reading...

Let's think about it for a second. The Sixers first "wants Ty plus multiple first-round picks", and then said the organization fully supports Morey even if this gets dragged to off-season, for a better chance of getting Harden alike. This sounds like a typical bluff at this stage of the poker game.

Mitchell
Fox
Barnes
Simmons
Holmes

is a huge swing defensively but 4 poor shooters is not going to get it done. Assuming it’s a ‘22 and ‘24 pick we wouldn’t have a ton of ways of improving the roster.

The more I hear about Morey's nonsense the more I hope he/they get utterly, terribly, irrevocably screwed.

He's the guy in the poker game who keeps raising on a bluff.
I’ve been saying this all along.

Hopefully no GM gets desperate enough to bail Morey and the Sixers out.

That’s all this waiting is about. A desperation move by Morey in the hopes an org like SAC will become desperate themselves.

If everyone just remains patient, Morey will eventually have to cave and sell for a reasonable price to someone.