Randolph arrested

2 pounds of marijuana is roughly the size of a basketball (maybe a bit bigger).

Now, we've all heard of players who carry a basketball around with them all the time to work on their ball handling, maybe this is his way of maintaining street credibility and staying season ready.

Who cares? I certainly don't. I don't care to see what comes of it because the weed and whether or not it should be illegal. Even if he should or will be convicted doesn't matter to me. He can do what he wants, but wanting to see this played out doesn't actually matter in this context.

I know you'll defend him because you love veterans, but he just made himself worthless to this franchise, conviction or no. The one thing that we expected him to do, and he shows he can't handle it. It's pathetic. We don't have to accommodate him or pay his *** millions of dollars if he's going to be in these situations, and we probably shouldn't. Tough but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
And of course you haven't rushed to judgement on anything yet. Of course I'm concerned that this has happened and about what it may mean to this man and to this team. That's where I am and it disturbs me that so many have moved way past that point.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And the winner of the over-reaction of the year award goes to...

Whats uncalled for, lazy and pretentious, is asking people for sources that are readily available and found in a matter of seconds. This isn't some foreign, dated or obscure story, It's being covered by multiple major news outlets, local and national.

I didn't post the source because I'm not an aggregate, I'm not here to inform the board, I'm just here sharing my opinions. If thats not up to your standards, so be it.

I'm wrong for being right here ><. This place is too holier than thou for me. I quit. Y'all run me off this board with your snark, it's not the other way around.
...and I'm betting you don't really quit. Sorry you took such offense at a simple request.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And of course you haven't rushed to judgement on anything yet. Of course I'm concerned that this has happened and about what it may mean to this man and to this team. That's where I am and it disturbs me that so many have moved way past that point.
I honestly think most people aren't that far apart on how they're viewing this. People haven't rushed to any judgment, other than to say what he did do was incredibly stupid as it resulted in him being charged with a felony and put the Kings in a bad light.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Vlade should be squarely on the hot seat. I was not a fan of tying up next years space with a declining slow vet as we could have used that space to accquire additional picks or assets but apparently Vlade felt that the young bigs needed a role model. Did Vlade not do his due diligence? Did he not know Zachs history and the risks that came with paying him so much? Had he been making less cutting him would not be a problem but we have to much invested to just outright cut him and stretch/eat the money.

So much for culture change, lets see how this turns out but it is definately not an encouraging start to the upcoming season.
Chris Webber also came with baggage and risks. I do not put the blame on Vlade for this at all.

No offense, but your exaggeration of the majority of the reactions is the only drama queen scenario I've seen thus far. Do you honestly believe this is nothing to be concerned about?
It's called Satire. It's not supposed to be an accurate "summary." It's a way of expressing one's frustration and keeping things in perspective.

And no, I don't believe (or think) there is nothing to be concerned about. Of course there is. But the immediate "off with his head" response from so many Kingsfans is embarrassing. Oh, wait! No one actually said "off with his head," did they? My bad.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's called Satire. It's not supposed to be an accurate "summary." It's a way of expressing one's frustration and keeping things in perspective.

And no, I don't believe (or think) there is nothing to be concerned about. Of course there is. But the immediate "off with his head" response from so many Kingsfans is embarrassing. Oh, wait! No one actually said "off with his head," did they? My bad.
I guess we disagree on the perception of the "off with his head response from SO MANY Kingsfans"... I thought, for the most part, people were saying they were frustrated with his rampant stupidity more than anything else.

Whats uncalled for, lazy and pretentious, is asking people for sources that are readily available and found in a matter of seconds. This isn't some foreign, dated or obscure story, It's being covered by multiple major news outlets, local and national.

I didn't post the source because I'm not an aggregate, I'm not here to inform the board, I'm just here sharing my opinions. If thats not up to your standards, so be it.

I'm wrong for being right here ><. This place is too holier than thou for me. I quit. Y'all run me off this board with your snark, it's not the other way around.
Do you not recognize the difference between presenting opinions and presenting facts? When you're presenting opinions, no sources are necessary. But when you're presenting facts, including a source is important to the quality of the discussion. Please comply, if you're not really leaving.

if he was smoking weed i would have no problem. This is the 2nd time he has been linked as a big time dealer. he was in Watts
Good lord.. I would have thought he was getting old enough NOT to hang out with drug dealers and druggies in one of the worst parts of gangland LA. I assume he's part of some gang too? Why weed? It's not like it's making him more money than playing ball...

We have ourselves a very very STUPID individual and I hope we can void his contract ASAP.

You the man ZBo. Your even on the front page of the daily mail in the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-arrested-pot-charge-LA-housing-project.html

helluva group you were hanging with......

"The crowd threw bottles and rocks at the cop cars, slashing their tires and smashing the windows but no one was hurt".
That right there puts the nail in the coffin for me.. Not only is ZBO a dumb idiot, but he's affiliating himself with even stupider individuals. Void him, and void him ASAP. If he ends up playing for the Kings you will be hearing boos from my section whenever they announce him.

Down-playing? I don't think so. "Up-playing" on a lot of other people's part? Yes, I am seeing that. Being in a "bad" neighborhood? What if you grew up there or in a similar place? You shouldn't be there? Shouldn't be with friends that live there? You shouldn't smoke pot with your people? C'mon, let's wait and see what comes of this.
I grew up in a bad neighborhood off of Folsom near Bradshaw.. Do I go back there and hang out and smoke weed (and who knows what else) with my old friends I grew up with? Do I go back there (I live about 15miles from there now) and sell weed and hang out with thugs? ZBO is about my age.... One of us is smart ('ahem', me), and the other gets paid a hundred million for playing a game, yet still hangs out in that terrible neighborhood with (probably) gang members and sells weed. This has NOTHING to do with where you grew up. This has EVERYTHING do do about IQ and ZBO is probably hovering around room temperature, if that.

Sorry I am so upset, but it makes me mad when I see all these athletes getting into trouble at such a high rate, while making millions of dollars, kind of makes me mad (especially when it happens to MY TEAM! lol... (most being crimes that are VERY avoidable if they had an average IQ) I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan so you all know where I am coming from and why it makes me mad lol.. I have had to deal with the same issues year after year with the Bengals :)

And the winner of the over-reaction of the year award goes to...

...and I'm betting you don't really quit. Sorry you took such offense at a simple request.
VF21, the source was listed in the very first entry in this topic. So go easy with your words if you haven't read from the beginning. I read and agree with your posts most of the time, but I think that you owe
Ozymandias an apology in this case. I wonder if the kings FO will use the "Morals" clause and test its legality in court?

VF21, the source was listed in the very first entry in this topic. So go easy with your words if you haven't read from the beginning. I read and agree with your posts most of the time, but I think that you owe
Ozymandias an apology in this case. I wonder if the kings FO will use the "Morals" clause and test its legality in court?
However I was not aware of the two-pounds until I read the post tonight

None of the other news links I checked this morning had that info either

I read the TMZ article first thing this morning, but before the 10:30 AM Update

Maybe VF21 did the same and had not gone back to the article

I did look through the post for a link also, and did not go back to it until Richie pointed it out just now

So I agree with VF21 that that big of a news Item deserved a a link

Congrats Zbo you turned stupid up to 11. It's like you called your attorney and asked "What is the stupidest crime I could commit that might result in jail time.?" "Well I guess since yo now live in a state where MJ is legal you could buy 2 lbs, and carry it around. It would be too little to be worth much financially but would be just about enough to get the prosecutors attention, and maybe even the Feds now that AG Sessions is trying to make a statement about MJ.On the bright side if the Feds prosecute then you can do you time in Lompoc... so there is that."
Weed is not legal. It has not been legalized. People need to stop using it. It has been decriminalized by states meaning the punishment has been removed at the state level. It's still a federal schedule 1 drug and illegal period. Not to mention specifically banned by the NBA.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I wonder if the kings FO will use the "Morals" clause and test its legality in court?
I doubt there would be any movement from the Kings on that front until the legal process has played out. We may not know for a while yet. My guess is that the Kings probably wouldn't test it short of a felony conviction. Is it "moral turpitude" to get nailed with misdemeanor possession of a substance that is in the process of being legalized in the state where he was caught? That might be a hard, hard sell in court.

Weed is not legal. It has not been legalized. People need to stop using it. It has been decriminalized by states meaning the punishment has been removed at the state level. It's still a federal schedule 1 drug and illegal period. Not to mention specifically banned by the NBA.
Weed is legal in CA. Zbo lives in CA. Thus it is legal for him to smoke it. His employer does not allow it, but his state does. The intent to sell piece seems ridiculous on the part of Zbo. Why would you sell a couple thousand dollars worth of weed when you make 12 million a year? It doesn't add up. I get it is a bad look and I have no issue if the Kings want nothing to do with him, but weed is a much safer substance to use than prescription drugs and the U.S. and NBA has no problem with players using those. It is a bummer but let's leave the dark ages of weed being a taboo and terribly criminal substance please.

Weed is legal in CA. Zbo lives in CA. Thus it is legal for him to smoke it. His employer does not allow it, but his state does. The intent to sell piece seems ridiculous on the part of Zbo. Why would you sell a couple thousand dollars worth of weed when you make 12 million a year? It doesn't add up. I get it is a bad look and I have no issue if the Kings want nothing to do with him, but weed is a much safer substance to use than prescription drugs and the U.S. and NBA has no problem with players using those. It is a bummer but let's leave the dark ages of weed being a taboo and terribly criminal substance please.
Talk to a lawyer, it is not legal.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The law legalizing recreational marijuana in California does not take effect until January 2018.

Legalities and semantics, voters of California voted to make it legal in the state to buy, sell and use marijuana. And yes of course as I noted as well that does not necessarily supersede federal law and of course it has no bearing whatsoever on what the NBA chooses to allow. But it would be misleading to say that it is not legal to use marijuana in California just like it is legal to use marijuana in Oregon, Washington State and in Colorado. It is however foolish to carry more than an ounce which is against the law or just to sell it in California until licensed after the first of the year as that is also illegal. But an import distinction is state and local police do not necessarily enforce federal law they enforce state and local law.

Regardless as I noted in his stupidity Zach exceeded what would be permissible by state law so the point is moot. I'm sure a good attorney will keep him out of prison but it's worth noting there are people in California state prison doing time For Less marijuana.

Last edited:
Here's TMZ video of ZBO being released from jail. If ZBO hangs around idiots like the big guy at the end of the video, we should just cut our losses.

I voted for marijuana to be legalized. I think a backpack of weed should be no different than a cooler full of beer. I was in law enforcement for almost ten years, and although I have these personal opinions of marijuana, you have to obey the laws and have a leg to stand on when speaking and mentoring younger players as ZBO was brought in to do.

Who you choose to hangout with tells a story, no matter how true that story is. Why he has not learned this at his age, is also a concern.

The real crime is wearing your pants that low. He looks like an idiot. His diabetic bodyguard also made a nasty threat to the TMZ cameraman. To the fans who want to excuse this give me a break. If he's going to claim two pounds of marijuana for his personal use, which is enough for 2000 joints, then he's a total pothead. And if the alternative is true, whether he is giving it to friends or selling it, that's not someone I want on my team. The legality is not the issue. It is an issue of professionalism and conduct and judgement for a guy getting $24M to be a positive influence on nine 1st and 2nd year players.....Why do you need that much pot unless you (1) have a chronic drug use problem or (2) intend to distribute it for free to friends or (3) sell in a Watts housing project. It is no wonder Z-Bo could hardly express himself coherently when I heard him interviewed at LSVL. He has probably fried most of his brain cells. I hope the Kings are looking to void his contract.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Legalities in semantics, voters of California voted to make it legal in the state to buy sell and use marijuana. And yes of course as I noted as well that does not necessarily supercede federal law and of course as no bearing whatsoever on what the NBA chooses to allow. But it would be misleading to say that it is not legal to use marijuana in California just like it is legal to use marijuana in Oregon and Washington State in Colorado. It is however foolish to carry more than an ounce which is against the law or just sell it in California until licensed after the first of the year as that is also illegal. But import distinction is state and federal police do not necessarily enforce federal law they enforce state and local law.
But that law change, as I noted above. does not take effect until January 2018.