Randolph arrested

Googling his history with drugs, I don't think I'm going very far out on a limb to say zach randolph likes the weed and probably dostributes it. I don't want him on this team with the group of young kids we have. Even if he's not convicted, I don't want him here.

Will definitely be interesting to see how Vlade and Joerger handle this one. I do feel like the young core here collectively are strong willed with good heads on their shoulders but still not what you want to see from a veteran you just brought in.

With the young young team we have, and if the team is serious about doing this rebuild right, Randolph shouldn't last the week here. His history alone should be enough to cut his butt. The kings have too much to lose if they screw this up by bringing in the wrong guys to bring around this group of young impressionable talent.

With the young young team we have, and if the team is serious about doing this rebuild right, Randolph shouldn't last the week here. His history alone should be enough to cut his butt. The kings have too much to lose if they screw this up by bringing in the wrong guys to bring around this group of young impressionable talent.
You gonna cut everyone that smokes weed. We might have only 6 players on our roster.

Smoking weed? No big deal. Distributing? With randolphs history? Hell yeah it's a big deal.
If our team wasn't so dam young I'd probably wait till this went to court to determine the route we should go with him.

We're gonna suck next year. Zachs an old vet. Eat the cost and cut him.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
For the most part the crime committed here was stupidity. I find it fairly doubtful that Zach Randolph finds it necessary to supplement his income by dealing dime bags. It's fairly common to charged with possession with intent to sell when someone is found in possession of more than an ounce of marijuana. Not coincidentally had Zack been carrying 28 G or less he would not be committing a crime at all. I suspect he finds it more convenient to buy large quantities infrequently rather than constantly picking up a fresh bag.

For those folks terrified about what this could mean for the children I will point out the hypocrisy of not asking the same question of our chain-smoking general manager and beer drinking coach. It's the 21st century kids, the personal use of marijuana is not significantly different than alcohol or tobacco, not admirable but certainly not a criminal blot against one's character.

Last edited:
Smoking weed? No big deal. Distributing? With randolphs history? Hell yeah it's a big deal.
If our team wasn't so dam young I'd probably wait till this went to court to determine the route we should go with him.

We're gonna suck next year. Zachs an old vet. Eat the cost and cut him.
But was he distributing? It's just a charge cuz there was a large amount.

But was he distributing? It's just a charge cuz there was a large amount.
I have a lot of friends in LE. Local and state. County and city. To a T, they have all said in today's atmosphere here in CA, they have been instructed to not even bother with small amounts. It's a waste of time. Now I'll give you that what is considered a small amount varys from agency to agency but they all said for a famous guy to be taken in for distribution here in CA, they wouldn't do it unless the lb's started adding up. Especially if the crowd started vandalizing their cars. Todays drug and police atmosphere doesn't warrant hauling in someone over a couple ounces.

Last edited:
Vlade should be squarely on the hot seat. I was not a fan of tying up next years space with a declining slow vet as we could have used that space to accquire additional picks or assets but apparently Vlade felt that the young bigs needed a role model. Did Vlade not do his due diligence? Did he not know Zachs history and the risks that came with paying him so much? Had he been making less cutting him would not be a problem but we have to much invested to just outright cut him and stretch/eat the money.

So much for culture change, lets see how this turns out but it is definately not an encouraging start to the upcoming season.

So disappointing. What is it that being on the Kings makes players and coaches do this kind of stuff?

Seems like there were legal issues with so many of them, including (not saying they were guilty, just entangled):
Z-Bo
Darren Collison
Coach Musselman
Tyreke Evans
Ron Artest
Justin Williams
Matt Barnes
Demarcus Cousins

just to name a couple off the top of my head

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
And this, folks, this right here is exactly why I never piped up and said "Oh, Zach Randolph, great signing, veteran leader!" This was a big problem for him in years past. There was a time when he was playing in Memphis and living in Indianapolis that he was considered to be potentially a "drug kingpin" in Indy. (link) I kept my mouth shut on this in the hopes that it was in his past, but evidently that was not the case.

Now he's charged with *felony* possession with intent to sell. We probably have to wait for this to play out in court, but I would not be opposed to finally testing the NBA's "moral turpitude" clause.