Rajon Rondo

Nope, not really. I missed the first game Wednesday because I was in class. He looked fantastic tonight. He was so much fun to watch. For the most part, he made his jumpers and his freethrows, which is great, and in the first time in forever, we had a true floor general out there. He was playing like a top point guard tonight.

I doubt he can score and dish like this against CP3 and Jordan.
But what was a pleasure to watch, was his defense and his mindset to attack early after a successful defensive play.

If he can keep this up for the whole season without taking off games, Kings will win a whole lot more games than last season.

Against Cuz, Willie and Koufos there will be no easy baskets in the paint. So Rondo and Ben can really get into their man on the perimeter.

People can judge point guards by assessing passing, scoring, defense, and a slew of other things, but Rondo takes it a little further. “My definition of what a good point guard is might be different from what some others might think,” he says. “I’ll give you an example: If Doc Rivers gets thrown out, I can run the team for the rest of the game. I know what plays to call, what sets to call, or when to call time outs. It’s more than keeping track of the score. There is so much more going on that you take for granted on any given night, and there are only so many guys who can run a team when you don’t have a coach. In that category I think I am the best at what I do.” Rondo has the rare ability to see the big picture while still focusing on the details of his own game.

Rajon Rondo, in Celtics uniform, 2009

It's kind of fun that we've already seen both ends of the spectrum from Rondo in the first 2 games. The Clipper game was about as least impactful/bad as he plays and this game was about as good as he plays.

Just need to see this performance VS a good team as the Lakers are going to be giving up career games to guards all season long.

People can judge point guards by assessing passing, scoring, defense, and a slew of other things, but Rondo takes it a little further. “My definition of what a good point guard is might be different from what some others might think,” he says. “I’ll give you an example: If Doc Rivers gets thrown out, I can run the team for the rest of the game. I know what plays to call, what sets to call, or when to call time outs. It’s more than keeping track of the score. There is so much more going on that you take for granted on any given night, and there are only so many guys who can run a team when you don’t have a coach. In that category I think I am the best at what I do.” Rondo has the rare ability to see the big picture while still focusing on the details of his own game.

Rajon Rondo, in Celtics uniform, 2009
I love the Guy and it has only been two games!