Raiders fire Turner

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KCRA sports just had a very short report saying the Raiders have fired Norm Turner.

Will anyone surprised by this announcement please raise their hands? Anyone? Anyone?

Nope, me neither!!!

:D

I heard on the radio that the recently fired Mike Tice is in the running to be the next Raiders head coach. Somewhere in Alameda, a bay cruise director shudders...

if the raiders just so happened to get mike martz and vince young that would be straight up nuts. It could happen, probably not likely at all but hey. It would be nuts.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
if the raiders just so happened to get mike martz and vince young that would be straight up nuts. It could happen, probably not likely at all but hey. It would be nuts.
Not at all as unlikely as you may think. Davis seems to have a liking for offensive-minded head coaches, and Martz is exactly that (and should probably only be an offensive coordinator...hey, lets hire him as that instead). While Vince Young having the game he had boosted his status, Houston seems to want Reggie Bush and New Orleans may feel more comfortable with cool-handed Matt Leinart. The Packers seem locked onto hoping Bret Favre comes back (or that Aaron Rodgers is their future). Plus, the future is uncertain in NY, where Herm Edwards may or may not stay, and Chad Pennington may or may not be the future QB for the franchise (and don't forget Brooks Bollinger). You also can't forget the presence of D'Brickishaw Furgeson and some defensive studs (Mario Williams and AJ Hawk at the top of the list) who could fill holes in the top five.

It all depends on who is willing to take a chance on Young, between his somewhat side-arm delivery and his style of play, which isn't necisarily seeked by all NFL teams, especially with Michael Vick oft-injured (and not doing so well), Daunte Cullpepper not so good anymore, and Steve McNair's career coming to a close. That, and don't forget Jake Plummers eclectic perfermances. So my thought is that Vince Young (if he even comes out, which he SHOULD) could easily go as high as #1 or as low as #10.

I'm somewhat wary to both of these guys. Martz is pretty out there, and didn't prove to be the best overall head coach. Vince is somewhat irratic, and doesn't have the arm I'd like in a QB, especially when having deep threats such as Randy Moss and Jerry Porter (and even Ronald Curry), and when implementing Al Davis's favorite style of offense. Of the two, I'd take Vince, and the prospect of getting him is somewhat exciting (as it is with the chance of getting Leinart. yes, it is possible).

All I have to say is DON'T sign Mike Tice, and DON'T get another offensive lineman, or even a cornerback. I WON'T ALLOW IT AL!

PixelPusher said:
I heard on the radio that the recently fired Mike Tice is in the running to be the next Raiders head coach. Somewhere in Alameda, a bay cruise director shudders...
Lmao, nice job Pixel.

Everywhere, Raiders funs shudder