Purple Reign's Projected Roster

Purple Reign's Projected Roster - Bold are suggested starters, * - denotes injured list

Centers/Power Forwards
Yolanda Griffith
DeMya Walker
Olympia S-Richardson
*-Chantelle Anderson
Rebecca Brunson

Small Forwards/Off Guards
Nicole Powell
Tanty Maiga
*- Erin Buescher
Kara Lawson
Sui Fei Fei

Point Guards
Ticha Penicheiro
Kristen Haynie

Either Buescher or Anderson will be the reserved player. There is no way in the world that Whisnant is going to leave Fei Fei off of this team. Too much politics. And none of us really know how good she is.

Join in?

I almost agree, but I leave Scott-Richardson off and add Miao LiJie. I agree on the starters, although until Ticha comes, I would probably start Kara at point guard and start Miao at shooting guard.

It is hard to leave Scott-Richardson off the roster, but she didn't impress in the preseason games I saw. I'm going to be listening tonight. Hopefully things will sort themselves out against the tough post players at Seattle.

HoopMatron
GO MONARCHS!!!!

I dunno

I can't believe Miao won't make the squad. She has skills. And that is alot coming from me.

Then again he can just carry 13 players. And remember Miao and Fei Fei have obligations for the Chinese Nat'l team.

I am at a lost who will get the final nod.

I like all the wings and would hate to lose any of them.

Luv 13 - Actually, he can only carry 12 players (11 plus 1 on IR). That makes this even harder.

Hoopmatron, I'm with you on your roster. I love Olympia's energy and enthusiasm, but she is too foul-prone (fair or not) and she hasn't overwhelmed me with either of her performances. Miao has really proven herself in so many ways and I would give her the nod.

My two points on whether you keep the post player or guard: we were out-rebounded last game, but we sorely need the outside offense. Of course, last game OSR only had one rebound in 16 minutes last game, and a run-and-gun offense with many outside weapons really plays to Ticha's strengths.

Maybe I'll change my opinion after tonight's game.

Last edited:
I'm going with this:

PG Penicheiro/Haynie
SG Lawson/Maiga
SF Powell/Buescher
PF Walker/Brunson
C Griffith/Scott/Anderson

IR Newton
Lijie

(hmmm....it seems like I'm missing somebody again...because that seemed too easy.)

You can more than likely IR Haynie until that ankle fully heals. I think you'd want to keep Lijie around at least until Ticha fully learns the offense but I'm not sure he could do that within the rules, because I'm going to guess if Ticha isn't here by the time the season starts he could suspend her contract and carry one more player until he activates her. I think Seattle pressured the ball more last night or shook things up enough that Miao was not nearly as effective as she had been in the past couple of games. But I'd like to see Miao stay and see how she handles a few minutes here and there.