[Pre-season] Kings v. Trailblazers - Monday, Oct. 9 - 7PM PT

something about Justin jackson reminds me of Kevin Martin. would be nice if he becomes someone that can consistently get to the foul line for us
because that's an area where Cousins is most definitely missed

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
They finally got some decent spacing on that back screen to Jackson. I'll never understand putting two bigs in the post and then trying to run guards through the middle of them. If you have a big in the post, get them the ball. If they can't get it they need to swing back out and open the lane up.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This went south fast. This 4th quarter preseason lineup is awful, and it doesn't help the only guy I trust to score isn't even touching the ball.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
This went south fast. This 4th quarter preseason lineup is awful, and it doesn't help the only guy I trust to score isn't even touching the ball.
Boys against men unfortunately. Williams and Mason running point has actually been less of a disaster than I had expected.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
One issue I see that potentially needs to be addressed is that our personnel seems much better suited to run a predominant pick and roll offense than the high post one we are seeing.
I highly doubt they are running everything right. I think they need to find a better balance between the various systems however. The Grizzlies style double post option O has to go though.

This game is incredibly hard to watch now. These boneheaded plays we're making is cring worthy. Our guys are making Pat Connaughton and Jake Leyman look like actual pros.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
This game is incredibly hard to watch now. These boneheaded plays we're making is cring worthy. Our guys are making Pat Connaughton and Jake Leyman look like actual pros.
Unfortunately it looks like the Kings will need to have adult supervision on the court almost all of the time this season. We have some very tallented kids but the only tow I see that look NBA ready are Fox and Bogs.

I'm trying not to overreact to preseason. Hopefully he'll play harder once it counts. That being said, he's not good enough to float and just go through the motions. He should be hustling non stop.

That is basically what I was asking but he can compensate for quickness with length.

His shot is improving. He has to be able to hit the 3 to move to the wing. He could could shoot over most 3's.
I just don't think he can even in the slightest. His lateral quickness is extremely slow. Putting him at the 3 would mean other 3's would go right around him while he wouldn't be able to go around them. Him and Durant have similar bodies but Durant's athleticism is extremely fluid whereas Skal's is not fluid at all. He just looks fluid when he's using his post up moves but his actual movement on the court isn't very fluid. He plays like a natural pure bred 4 but he has strength, rebounding and fouling issues to work out. He doesn't have a ton of trouble scoring over other 4's so if you put him at the 3, he will have a slightly better time scoring in the post on 3's but his already very apparent weaknesses will be exacerbated ten fold in every other situation at the 3.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I didn't get to watch the entire game but what I did see has me totally flummoxed. I'll start off by saying I like WCS, I wanted us to draft WCS and I've had a lot of hope for him. Having got that on the record, I am not sure who I saw out there tonight but it wasn't the WCS I envisioned as being part of the Kings. His attitude reminds me of Gerald Wallace - he just doesn't seem to be taking things seriously. I hope I'm wrong. I realky want to be wrong. Can someone convince me I just didn't see the whole picture tonight?

One issue I see that potentially needs to be addressed is that our personnel seems much better suited to run a predominant pick and roll offense than the high post one we are seeing.
I do not think that that is the difference. We get the same benefits as a pick and roll when we do the dribble hand-off. One advantage of a high post offense is that the defense turns their heads just a wee bit more. However, you can argue that the angle of the dribble hand-off is different from the angle of your typical pick and roll, and that that difference is what makes or breaks the effectiveness of our players.

I didn't get to watch the entire game but what I did see has me totally flummoxed. I'll start off by saying I like WCS, I wanted us to draft WCS and I've had a lot of hope for him. Having got that on the record, I am not sure who I saw out there tonight but it wasn't the WCS I envisioned as being part of the Kings. His attitude reminds me of Gerald Wallace - he just doesn't seem to be taking things seriously. I hope I'm wrong. I realky want to be wrong. Can someone convince me I just didn't see the whole picture tonight?
I can't argue with that at all. I REALLY want to like WCS but he does stuff that's forehead slapping dumb sometimes and plays nonchalant. It's too bad because he has every bit of physical tools you could ask for.

I'd like to see Papa get time instead of being sent to Reno. I like how he takes up space. Has grown leaps and bounds. Can't quite say the same about WCS.
Just got home. I actually thought Papa was less horrible than usual tonight - looked to me like he impacted many shots, and he can shoot. Frank Mason... he can ball - we got a keeper there! Jackson showed flashes. Guess I'll go check out the grades now but yeah - I think Paps was better tonight than usual.

Flummoxed is a good word, because I'd bet that's how the players feel as well. I think part of what's wrong with him, and some of the others has to do with indecision. They players have almost no rhythm with one another and as individuals they appear confused on both ends most of the time. Their reaction time is a half tick slow and as a result they are all, I think Willie included, playing a tad bit behind the action. Hopefully when they start getting dialed into where they are supposed to be and with what they are supposed to be doing the confidence level grows and the intensity picks up. I don't think we can judge Willie or anyone until everyone knows exactly what they are attempting to accomplish because right now that picture appears to be awfully blurry for every player on the squad.