Postgame Quotes-vs. Dallas

Postgame Quotes-vs. Dallas

Kings Coach Rick Adelman
“I believe we’ve been swept before during the regular season and done well in the playoffs. I thought we should have won the game here last time. If we have everyone healthy we can compete with this team fairly well. We have a hard time guarding them but they have a hard time guarding us too.”

“(Nowitzki) just makes shots. He’s such a good shooter so that makes him a handful. Give our guys credit, they stayed with it and had a great second half. I thought we beat them here the last time.”

On Peja Stojakovic:
“We don’t need him to score 38 every night but we’ve needed him to be aggressive like tonight. Hopefully, this will jump start him.

Mike Bibby:
“We played well in the first quarter. We let them score too many second shots in the second quarter. But we hung in there, and played together in the end and we did what it took to get the win.”

“The main thing is helping each other. A lot of their (the Mavericks) points were off us hugging our man and them getting to the basket for a wide open shot. We tried to cut that out in the second half.”

On Stojakovic tonight:
“He really kept us in the game. He was hitting the three. He really kept us in there.”

“We’ll be alright. I don’t want to jump too far ahead. We’ve got a game in Denver. We’ve got to take care of it and take them one by one.”

Peja Stojakovic:
“I just have to keep being aggressive. Keep shooting the ball and maybe be a little more aggressive taking the ball to the hole and getting to the free throw line. We, as a team, have to play like that. Play hard all 48 minutes.”

“We’re still learning each other. We’ve just got to try to play together and trust each other on both ends of the floor. Hopefully we’ll get Bobby (Jackson) and Brad (Miller) back for the play-offs.”

“I think the guys are understanding their own role. I think defensively we are doing a good job. No matter what we do offensively, we’ve got to bring the energy on the defensive end.”

“It feels good. Dallas is a very good team. They’ve added some good players and they’re playing good basketball.”

DALLAS MAVERICKS

Head Coach Avery Johnson:
“This is a tough loss for us. I take my hat off to the Kings. They really had a terrific second half. We gave up like 58 points there in the second half, which is too much. We played a really good first half so I think it was a tale of two halves.”

“I just thought our first half defense was good, but the second half it wasn’t. Again, they got to the free throw line 30 times and made 28 of them. We couldn’t get as much as we wanted to, but that’s the way it goes sometimes. There are no excuses. They guys played hard. I thought they really competed. Our energy was really suspect. I tried to get Dirk out of the game and give him a rest, but we just couldn’t keep him out. Josh was in foul trouble so then we had to go big. Again, we played well and won the season series against them. They came out in a must win situation and they deserve to win the game.”

“Devin really played well for us. He missed the little chip there at the end that could’ve helped, but I’m really pleased with the rookie this whole road trip. I thought he did a nice job. He’s growing, he’s confident, and he did some nice things defensively too.”

Jason Terry
“We missed a lot of easy baskets and Sacramento played well tonight and I give them credit. Peja Stojakovic came out on a mission. He made some big shots that made them feel comfortable and feel good about themselves. Even though we had the lead at the half, they had the momentum. It’s just a situation where it’s just tough to be a team four times, but there’s a possible match-up with them in the playoffs. It’s going to bad a good battle.”

Dirk Nowitzki
“I thought the first half we were right there where we wanted it. We were up a couple of points and had a good second quarter. We played some good defense I thought and really executed well on the offense so the second quarter we really played our style basketball. I just think we didn’t get enough stops down the stretch to win the game.”

“Peja [Stojakovic] was hot from all over. We shouldn’t lose him on rotations. That’s the one guy you should never lose. I don’t know. He just got hot and made shots from all over the court. I don’t think offensively we were great, especially in the third quarter. We just couldn’t score and they would go make their runs. That was the game right there.”

http://aol.nba.com/kings/news/Postgame_Quotesvs_Dallas-136482-58.html

Thanks for posting the quotes, EmKings.

I agree with what Adelman said!

I'm glad Pedja is playing more aggressive...and nice stuff said from Coach Johnson.