Postgame Quotes - vs. Chicago

Postgame Quotes - vs. Chicago

Kings Coach Rick Adelman
“Obviously in the third quarter we really raised our level of play offensively. In the first half I just thought we were once again really impatient. They had 30 points the first quarter – this team hasn’t been shooting the ball well, they shot it well tonight the first half against us and we were so impatient with the way we were playing offensively I thought we were lucky we were only one down. (In the) third quarter we really stepped it up.”

“We’re kind of just the opposite of some teams because we’re really moving the ball, shooting it, and we’re playing well offensively. We need to get a little more accurate defensively but the area that really concerns us obviously is the rebounds…we told them before the game, if you’re going to be standing next to those guys, the ball comes off, you’re going to lose the jumping contest – you’re going to have to do something to get them out of there and sooner or later you’re going to have to put your body on people and move them out of the way – these guys are too athletic and too long. That’s really what kept them in the game.”

“It’s pretty simple – it’s effort. If you’re guarding a guy and he really had great leaping ability, he’s long and athletic, then you can’t let him get that step…you’ve got to put a body on him first before he moves, and we didn’t do that. What happens in the NBA a lot of times is, big guys, their whole thing is to turn and go get the ball – it’s not working for us right now. Our big guy is going to have to make contact further away from the basket…it’s going to be a constant battle.”

Peja Stojakovic
On what Coach talked about that made the difference:
“I think the offensive boards in the first half. I think they got around 12 to 15 points from offensive boards in the first half. Just being able to go in, they were a young team, they went to the big guys a lot and they played well.”

“I think the whole team is pretty consistant with what we’re trying to do, especially on the defense. You have to be consistant, focused for 48 minutes every game. Some nights you’re not going to shoot well, but with a good defense, we can win the game."

On being able to shoot more tonight:
“I was just aggressive, trying to move without the ball, come off the screens, my teammates were looking for me, I got a couple of easy ones.”

Kings center Brad Miller
On what made the difference today:
“Just playing harder on defense. At first Piatkowski was shooting threes and we were letting him get open looks, we just weren’t executing defensively. I think we took them a little too easy, and then third quarter, that’s what good teams do, come out and if it’s a close game, start playing hard and we got up by by 15 or 16 and we just tried to put them away."

On rebounding:
“We suck at rebounding. I’ll be the one to say it, I’m one of the main rebounders. We just got to shove them and box them out, tip balls to each other, we don’t have the jumpers and athleticism as most teams so we got to stick the fundamentals and the basics.”

B-52 dropping bombs, so what else is new?

I definately like his 'tude, he's hilarious too.

Whoa... did that rhyme??? Artest better watchout ;)

KingKong said:
I always thought that Scott was more goofy type funny. Brad is more "I don't give a "expletive" funny.
I definitely agree. I think Pollard tried to be funny, while Miller just ends up being funny cause he's so freaking honest all the time.