Postgame Quotes-vs. Atlanta

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Postgame_Quotesvs_Atlanta-133119-58.html

Postgame Quotes-vs. Atlanta

Kings Coach Rick Adelman
“This was a big game for us before we go on this road trip after the way we finished before the All-Star game. Offensively we were pretty good. In the first quarter I thought we were active and we were doing some things that we did yesterday in practice and as the game went on we just started trading baskets. We have to keep the focus at that end of the court. We needed this win before we go on the this trip.”

Cuttino Mobley
“It was great for us to finish the game. They came with energy. They’ve got some young guys that play above the rim so it’s kind of hard. We’ve got some older guys – 29, 28. Those guys are 19, 20, 21 years old.”

“I think we’re number one in the league in assists so it’s not surprising to us. We have to move the ball for us to be successful”.

On the upcoming game in Dallas:
“We’ve just got to go out there and jump on them. We know we can play with them, and they know they can play with us. So it’s not going to be anything easy. Hopefully, Utah wore them down a little bit for us.”

“My legs felt good. I just tried to attack the basket as much as possible.”

“I just tried to mix it up a little bit and not just shoot three’s. I was talking to some of my friends over the break, and they were telling me to mix my game up and that’s all I wanted to do – make it harder for people to guard me.”

Mike Bibby:
“It was good for us. Our confidence is there. We’ve just got to start playing the way we can play. I told everybody, ‘we’re going to get this game and start playing like we know we can play.’ A lot of people are counting us out already.”

“There were times when we struggled out there but there were good times too. They hit some hard shots but we rotated and helped each other. They hit some good shots, but we’re getting to that point where we want to play defensively. We’ve got to do it all game.”

“A lot of times we’re shooting basket-for-basket [with the other team]. It happens some times, but we’ve got to get to that point where we get some stops.”

On the upcoming road trip:
“[We expect to win] all of them. We’ve been on road trips before, and we know what we can do, we’ve just got to go out there and do it.”

ATLANTA HAWKS

Head Coach Mike Woodson
“In the first half the fifty or whatever points they scored, like 57, 26 of those were on lay-ups. And that just takes the heart out of your defense, especially on the road. You might get away with it at home, but on the road you’re not going to beat teams giving up a 114 points. We tried to outscore this team and they’re one of the best in the business at scoring the ball. You can score against this team, but you have to make a commitment on the defensive end and we didn’t do that tonight.”

About Josh Smith, Al Harrington, and Antoine Walker:
“They played well. They did a lot of good things for us. I played Al [Harrington] probably too many minutes. He had been off in five games and when you come back and play him 43 minutes he probably won’t be worth [anything] tomorrow.”

“I started the small line-up and it didn’t work for us early because we gave up so many lay-ups.”

Al Harrington
“The biggest thing was just trying to contain them and just stay in the game the first quarter. Usually in the first quarter they kind of settle down a little bit, especially at home. We expected that, but we didn’t expect that big of a hole.”

“Even in the third quarter we got it going a little bit and cut the lead to four. At that point I think they hit a big three and they got it back up. For the most part I think the small line-up could be effective for us if we decide to stick with it. I think defensively it will make us better once we get used to playing with each other.”

Antoine Walker
“We kind of stuck ourselves in the foot because we didn’t want to play up and down. We wanted to be able to run on opportunities, but we didn’t want to play up and down. We got down 10 points so we tried to force the issue a little bit. That three that [Mike] Bibby made that bounced up and down, down five, at right about three minutes left in the game. We worked so hard to get back in the game. You know they have been struggling and we were ready to play.”