Playoff seeding predictions

I've consulted my crystal ball and here is how I see it.

1) San Antonio
2) Phoenix
3) Seattle
4) Dallas
5) Houston
6) Sacramento
7) Minnesota
8) Memphis

I had to exclude the Lakers just based on general dislike. I really think it's a toss-up after Dallas. I wouldn't mind seeing the Kings/Seattle in the first round.

Kings/Seattle would definately be the best for us. I think we could possibly take Pheonix too, but the Spurs would most likely guarentee a downfall, so personally I'm not fighting for this team to win as high as they can.

HndsmCelt said:
No Denver? I like their chances better than the Wolves.
I agree....Denver has played much better and I don't really see a light at the end of the tunnel for Minny. Also, although I don't want to see us lose games I would much rather be in the #6 spot than the #5 spot. This way we probably wouldn't have to see SA until the WCF if we got that far(assuming they hold onto the #1 seed).

I dont care where we finish, as long as we avoid San Antonio in the first round, anyone else is beatable....of course if we get BJ back and Peja is running on all cylinders. You have us playing Seattle, and I would really love to beat this team. Seattle won the WNBA title, I would hate to see them get both.

Last edited:
PFFFT!! said:
I dont care where we finish, as long as we avoid San Antonio in the first round, anyone else is beatable....of course if we get BJ back and Peja is running on all cylinders. You have us playing Seattle, and I would really love to beat this team. Seattle won the WNBA title, I would hate to see them get both.
i don't think the sonics are capable of winning the whole thing. i do think they are capable of beating us in the 1st round especially with HCA. it would be a great series and would probably go to the dreaded game 7. i think the only chance the kings have at getting out of the first round would be at the 4 seed or at the 7th seed if phoenix stays the 2 seed.

PFFFT!! said:
Detroit got both last year...did that too bother you?

I don't think that the Kings can get #4...they are 5 games behind the Mavs in the loss column and the Mavs have already clinched the season series i.e. the tiebreaker. So it looks like the Kings will start the playoffs on the road and I personally would rather play Seattle (3 vs 6) than play the Mavs. I think that this current team matches up better with Seattle than it did before the trade and assuming that the Kings make it out of the first round it would be much nicer to play someone other than SA in the 2nd round.

Memphis just beat the Spurs shorthanded. They are a very good team and haven't had Pau, Stro, or Posey for the last couple of weeks. They are definitely alot better off them the Lakers, Minnesota or Denver. And until the rough stretch without Stro, they had the best record after Dec. 25th. Memphis will probally get 7th they are definitely better than Minne and they are 1 of the teams that gives the Suns and the Spurs alot of fits.

Sonics would be nice in the first round for Kings. I'm also tired of seeing the Mavs in the playoffs:p...and I think if we face Mavs in the first round and them having HCA, it's going to be tough. If the Kings want to beat the Mavs, they need to beat them in games 4,5 or 6. Game 7 @Dallas is going to be tough and I don't want to see that happen.

I hope Wolves make the 8th seed...I would love to see a Spurs-Wolves first round.

Guys, did you guys know the Mavs are better on the Road then at home. So for them getting 5th is actually better than 4th this year which is kinda weird.

bigbadred00 said:
Guys, did you guys know the Mavs are better on the Road then at home. So for them getting 5th is actually better than 4th this year which is kinda weird.
Yeah, but the playoffs is completely different. I doubt they'll be better on the road than at home in the playoffs (given more than a 5 game sample size).

I seem to remember the Mavs having our number during the regular season many years and we some how found to win the playoff series. Not saying it will happen next year but Kings seem to atleast perform to the season or overperform as compared to the season series. I believe last year we were 1-3 against them in the regular season and still won 4-1 in the POs. I think the same thing happened 3 years ago when we beat them 4-1 in the POs.

iheartBrad said:
Detroit got both last year...did that too bother you?
Not as much as having the same city get it twice one season after the other. Kinda strange. I think LA got it one season too with the Sparks and Lakers winning. I want to say 2002, but cant remember.

PFFFT!! said:
Not as much as having the same city get it twice one season after the other. Kinda strange. I think LA got it one season too with the Sparks and Lakers winning. I want to say 2002, but cant remember.
Yes it was 2002.

Where's Denver ????

Like others have voiced .... don't really care where we finish .... but I'll add to that ... IT'S HOW WE FINISH !!!

Our TEAM DEFENSE and TRANSITION DEFENSE are both terrible ....

King's do there job .... don't pay any attention to the scoreboards .... just get ready for the playoffs .... position will take care of itself.