Playoff Scenarios

For those of you who like to play the numbers game, from the wnba.com website:

Still having trouble wrapping your brain around all of the possible scenarios in the Western Conference? Of the five Western Conference games with playoff implications, here are all possible outcomes and just what each result would mean in terms of the final standings. Print this out, carry it with you and cross out the scenarios as they no longer become relevant. That way you can stay on top of things just like the experts:

· If... Houston beats Phoenix on Thursday, Seattle beats Sacramento on Thursday, Los Angeles beats San Antonio on Friday, Phoenix beats Seattle on Saturday and Los Angeles beats Houston Saturday night, then... Seattle is 2nd, Los Angeles is 3rd and Houston is 4th.

· If... Houston beats Phoenix, Seattle beats Sacramento, Los Angeles beats San Antonio, Phoenix beats Seattle, Houston beats Los Angeles, then... Seattle is 2nd, Houston is 3rd, Phoenix is 4th.

· If... Houston beats Phoenix, Seattle beats Sacramento, Los Angeles beats San Antonio, Seattle beats Phoenix, Los Angeles beats Houston, then... Seattle is 2nd, Los Angeles is 3rd, Houston is 4th.

· If... Houston beats Phoenix, Seattle beats Sacramento, Los Angeles beats San Antonio, Seattle beats Phoenix, Houston beats Los Angeles, then... Seattle is 2nd, Houston is 3rd, Los Angeles is 4th.

· If... Houston beats Phoenix, Seattle beats Sacramento, San Antonio beats Los Angeles, Phoenix beats Seattle, Los Angeles beats Houston, then... Seattle is 2nd, Houston is 3rd, Phoenix is 4th.

· If... Houston beats Phoenix, Seattle beats Sacramento, San Antonio beats Los Angeles, Phoenix beats Seattle, Houston beats Los Angeles, then... Seattle is 2nd, Houston is 3rd, Phoenix is 4th.

· If... Houston beats Phoenix, Seattle beats Sacramento, San Antonio beats Los Angeles, Seattle beats Phoenix, Los Angeles beats Houston, then... Seattle is 2nd, Houston is 3rd, Los Angeles is 4th.

· If... Houston beats Phoenix, Seattle beats Sacramento, San Antonio beats Los Angeles, Seattle beats Phoenix, Houston beats Los Angeles, then... Seattle is 2nd, Houston is 3rd, Phoenix is 4th.

Phoenix has been eliminated...

It's between Houston and LA now...

And (right now) it looks like Houston is cruising to victory, which would mean we'd get LA.

Stay tuned folks....

L.A would be a better match-up traveling wise. Closer to home & all.
I like our chances aganist the Sparks. We need that 1st game!
That Houston vs. Seattle should be a great series as well....The Storm have to travel further! WOW...can't wait!

Hope we have a viewing party someplace for the 1st game. We need to cheer our Monarchs on to a victory. I work so, no way can I go to LA.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
L.A. knew that they were in and played their starters very few minutes. That is most of the reason that Houston is trouncing them. It is obvious (according to Koz) that L.A. wants Sacramento in the 1st round and not Seattle. Now, that is a slap in the face. I hope we rip them a new one.

BEAT L.A.!!!!

You want us LA? You got us. Maybe you've never heard the saying that you'd better be careful what you wish for.....it could end up being your worst nightmare.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Sacramento vs. LA = ratings.
I heard earlier on the radio that all 3 of our games would be on NBATV. Hopefully that changes. I can't believe they wouldn't want L.A. available for the masses.

I would like to know where the hell our local coverage is?? It's playoff basketball. Sacramento gets on my nerves with it's one-(team)track-mind. There's no way in the world they'd get away with NOT broadcasting Kings playoff games on a channel available to all. How's the city ever supposed to get behind a team that they can't see?

Besides, I don't have NBATV damnit, and I want to tape the games! :mad:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
We are assuming that it is the fault of Comcast. Maybe the Maloofs don't want Comcast to carry our home games (and that is all they would carry...they will not spend the money for an away game.) in the playoffs. Can't blame them. Everyone would stay home, and I, for one, want as many butts in those seats as possible.

I don't think the Monarchs need any other reason to get pumped up for LA, but having them lay down against Houston was a nice touch. I agree with NBH that I like the LA match-up for travel reasons. The Monarchs can fly home tomorrow and get some time at home before heading out. It will be a short flight and same time zone. Also, Kara and DeMya get to stay home and wait for their team. Also, from a confidence perspective, this team knows they have won at Staples before in regular season and in the playoffs. We seem to match up well with LA, although DeMya's loss will really be felt in the post. Hopefully Kara is available for this series.

On the other side, Seattle and Houston have the worst travel situation of any series. Hopefully they go all three games and knock the snot (figuratively) out of each other.

On the TV issue, not to worry. I'm sure Ann Meyers is on the phone right now making sure Lisa gets maximum exposure. We'll be able to go along for the ride.

Yes, I hope the TV situation is changed! I live down here in San Francisco, without NBA TV. Only being able to listen to our Monarchs on the radio saddens me. Where'd the Oxygen Network go? I wish they were still here to show the games.

Let's hope our ticket reps. are hard at work setting up some place for us all to watch the game. It is sad our local channels cannot air this game. All that tv politics suck & so does the $$$$ excuse!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
NothinButHoops said:
Let's hope our ticket reps. are hard at work setting up some place for us all to watch the game. It is sad our local channels cannot air this game. All that tv politics suck & so does the $$$$ excuse!
Don't wait on the reps. Start calling around to lounges, sports bars, pizza parlors, etc for NBATV.

NothinButHoops said:
I live in S.F and I do get NBATV and guess what I was watching?
Match ups of the great moments in NBA Play-offs.
Or the Or the EBC league which is basically a streetball League.
How about the Lituwanian Championships, or some other obscure European League. Or the highly anticipated Las Vegas summer league.
In otherwords... Ya didn't miss much today on NBATV.

Just wondering something... Why not air the WNBA games at Least on NBATV. They control the programing. At least show it delayed if you must show the Siberian quarter-Finals. But with everything at stake today, it would be a programming dream.

Since they show Highlights of the game, they should have shown at least the Last few games. That is just pitiful.
But they will air they play-offs.

I think It is more perception, than money. Hopefully that will change...

They will be telivising the WNBA games...Most games will be on NBATV & ESPN 2. Some primetime match-ups will be on ABC.
I'm just looking forward to the live homegames!

MamaBristow said:
I would like to know where the hell our local coverage is?? It's playoff basketball. Sacramento gets on my nerves with it's one-(team)track-mind. There's no way in the world they'd get away with NOT broadcasting Kings playoff games on a channel available to all. How's the city ever supposed to get behind a team that they can't see?

Besides, I don't have NBATV damnit, and I want to tape the games! :mad:
Unfortunately, the WNBA does not draw the ratings that can justify extensive local coverage on TV. From what I understand , the owners of the team have to pay just to get on locally which equals a paid infomercial. It is unfortunate but the reality of sports business.

I got my tickets though. Hope to see as many of you there as possible.