Player overview

The full potential of Harrison Barnes hasn’t yet been seen; I like the fact that he seems like an unselfish player who is trying to blend with the team rather than force things to “prove” his worth by forcing it. I don’t see the value of Alec Burks but I REALLY like the contributions I’m seeing from Corey Brewer - veteran savvy, attitude, toughness, hustle, and good defense. Give Corey Alec’s minutes. Bogdanovich is still an asset on the court in terms of basketball IQ, but he needs to return to form with his long-range jumper. Buddy is amazing on offense and a key contributor on defense. The potential of Fox and Bagley is essentially limitless and the team needs to do everything they can to hang on to those two guys. Willy is a great athlete but needs to expand his offensive game to solidify his role with the team. I LOVE the effort and athleticism I see from Giles but he needs to foul less and develop into more of a complete player. I don’t know quite how Bjelica fits in beyond this season.

Yes, but the Kings need to replace Willie. I cannot watch him miss layups, foul shots and play lackadasical defense any longer. Too many 4 rebound games.

WCS makes 54.2% of his shots which is best on the team. He also leads the team in rebounds per game at more than 8 as he has more 12 rebound games than 4 rebound games. He is also 3rd on the team in assists. He does suck at free throws though.

Burks has barely played, but is a solid rotation player. I'm surprised that Joerger hasn't found a way to get him more minutes. At this point, Shumpert would have been more valuable for the locker room aspect alone.

WCS makes 54.2% of his shots which is best on the team. He also leads the team in rebounds per game at more than 8 as he has more 12 rebound games than 4 rebound games. He is also 3rd on the team in assists. He does suck at free throws though.
Take away his dunks and I think you’d find Willie to have an atrocious shooting percentage.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Burks has barely played, but is a solid rotation player. I'm surprised that Joerger hasn't found a way to get him more minutes. At this point, Shumpert would have been more valuable for the locker room aspect alone.
Dude blended in to a fault. He was so invisible on the floor, I can’t blame Joerger for forgetting he exists.

We absolutely 100% should have kept Shump. Pretty big misfire by Vlade. Good intentions though.

I feel like Brewer has already been taking Burks' minutes as of now. Brewer is solid but I'd still like to see more of Burks. Corey is a good vet but he's not a part of the future.

I'd also like to see Swanigan get some burn at some point. He might not be part of the future either but they took a small chance on him when trading Skal so I want to see what he's got.

You can see Bagley's value on the court after the injury, we lost a big threat. It's a lot easier to shut down your opponents biggest scoring threats (most notably Hield) when other options aren't available. The bench hasn't been a threat. Giles looks nice though. Bogi needs to go back to the 2nd unit and get his groove back too.

Overall I like the roster construction, the key players fit together, and that's what counts. A summers worth of strength (Bagley, Giles) and conditioning for these guys will do wonders.

I'm hoping we can snag a sneaky good player with that 2nd round pick.

its up to opposing defensesto take away those dunks, which they have not been able to do.

or put another way, the coach should just tell all the other guys to dunk more to bring their efficiency up to WCS level ;)
Let Willie dunk all he can. I enjoy it and he’s good at it. As long as a defender doesn’t get in his way. But other than dunking, Willie has a hard time putting the ball in the basket. But your conclusion is that everybody should be like Willie? Willie doesn’t deserve starting-center-money for a 6th pick if his offense is that one-dimensional.

Let Willie dunk all he can. I enjoy it and he’s good at it. As long as a defender doesn’t get in his way. But other than dunking, Willie has a hard time putting the ball in the basket. But your conclusion is that everybody should be like Willie? Willie doesn’t deserve starting-center-money for a 6th pick if his offense is that one-dimensional.
no, that was not my conclusion. my point was that his overall efficiency is high, and that his athleticism, movement, skill is what allows him to dunk and one cannot separate that out when evaluating him as a player.

Corey Brewer is a smart player. But every time he hits the floor he looks like he just came from a meeting to close on some commercial real estate. Must be the cool glasses.

Whether Bagley is back or not I'd prefer to see a starting lineup of

Fox
Hield
Barnes
Bjelica
Cauley-Stein

Bogi can be the playmaker for the bench unit of Giles, Bagley (when healthy), Brewer and either Yogi or Burks.

This summer the focus for MB3 should be getting stronger so he can take Willie's starting spot next season.

But starting Bogdan at the 3 has been terrible. Opposing teams have targeted him from the beginning of games and his slump on offense isn't letting him make up for it on the other end.