Play-In Round 2022

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I do realize the odds were long but what a horrible deal the Blazers made. Your guy is so good he launches a team left for dead into the playoffs and so the later pick you get is even worse than the one you don't get today (not supposed to work that way with deferred compensation normally).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Shout out to Willie Green; he coached them kids up.
We won't talk about how nobody felt like he needed to have his lack of head coaching experience challenged, though. We won't talk about the fact that nobody was writing think pieces about whether he was qualified, or if him getting the Pels job with no experience constituted a hand-out.

Oh wait. Oops. My bad.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
And to make matters worse, it's the Bucks' pick and Giannis will still only be 30 then so that pick's probably still going to be in the mid-20s.
That wasn't lost on me :)

Normally I am down with the Blazers when it doesn't impact us. I think because they managed to get in front of us in the lotto, I am having a happy moment. Like the time Oregon blew a 35 point halftime lead in a random bowl game. It's petty but if I can't be happy you can't either.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One potential storyline to come out of this: Portland seemed very intent on moving the NO pick for Jeremi Grant in the summer. Now that they don't have it, that market for him has probably cratered again unless Portland does something very stupid like move their pick from the mid-lotto for him.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Someone remind me of the long term ramifications of what is amounting to being a very giant Clippers flop?