Pacers/Pistons could be interesting.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I found this posted on a Pacer board. These are rules for the Pistons fans to live by. Some of them are hilarious. :D

BY MITCH ALBOM
FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

Like it or not, the Pistons are playing the Pacers again, starting tonight at the Palace. So listen up, because these are the rules:

1. If you can drink it, you can't throw it.

2. Popcorn goes in your mouth.

3. It's a buzzer, not a boxing bell.

4. Chill.

5. If a player lies on the scorer's table, give him a break: Maybe he's tired.

6. Ron Artest is not playing. There's no reason to scream at him.

7. It's a ticket, not a hunting license.

8. It's a hot dog, not a missile.

9. Be nice with your ice.

10. Be like Yoda with your soda.

11. Just because Kid Rock is there doesn't mean it's time to get rowdy.

12. Don't yell anything that rhymes with yuck.

13. These NBA guys are really big; only the truly ignorant would take a swing at them.

14. Chill.

If you can't say anything nice ...

15. TV media: If you show that fight footage more than once, you're being indulgent.

16. Print media: If you ask that fight question more than once, you're being indulgent.

17. National media: If the only things you can say about Detroit involve the words "violence," "police cars" or "couch fire," stay home.

18. Rick Carlisle: Crack a smile. It'll help.

19. Fans: All chairs must be returned to their full upright position upon departure.

20. In other words, don't throw them.

21. Paper products are recyclable.

22. In other words, don't throw them.

23. It takes time to brew beer.

24. In other words, don't throw it.

25. Tonight's game is not "American Idol": The goal is not to get your face on television.

26. Thomas (Hitman) Hearns comes to the Palace. And if he can't throw a punch, you certainly can't.

27. Chill.

28. Remember that Jermaine O'Neal is actually a decent fellow.

29. And just because Reggie Miller said something is no reason to hate it.

30. OK. Maybe it is. But don't.

31. If your attitude is "Aw, those cops at the Palace are fat and slow," stay away.

32. Keep your coins in your pocket.

33. Yes, people toss pizzas, but that is up in the air while they're being made.

34. Do not bring an octopus.

If you can eat it or drink it, don't throw it

35. Ben Wallace: Count to 10.

36. Stephen Jackson: Think twice.

37. Larry Brown: If the game is decided, get your stars off the floor immediately.

38. Don't yell anything that rhymes with brass mole.

39. Did we mention no Coke throwing?

40. That goes for Diet Coke, too.

41. Unless a coach puts you in, you are not -- and this is important -- part of the game.

42. "Mêlée" is not a good word, even if it is French.

43. Same goes for "tête-À-tête."

44. You may not throw candy.

45. You may not throw peanuts.

46. You may not throw Cracker Jack -- and that includes the prize.

47. You may throw hosannas at a player's feet, if you can find a hosanna.

48. David Gorcyca is the Oakland County prosecutor.

49. You will not like him. He knows lots of four-letter words. One of them is "jail."

50. Don't be macho with your nachos.

51. Don't be wise with your fries.

52. Don't be loose with your juice.

53. Drink responsibly, act respectably, keep your curse words to yourself.

54. And, oh yeah, have fun.

Ryan

I like turtles
Yeah, I'm a little worried about this series. On one hand the NBA needs fresh new rivalries, and on the other I'm afraid we're going to see images of that godforsaken brawl over and over. It's really sad that Reggie Miller has spent the past ten years helping charity and never gets noticed yet Ron Artest punches a few people and he gets on the cover of every major newspaper.

If the media cools it with the brawl footage and references (which I'm sure they won't) then basketball fans can just sit back and enjoy some hard-played and clean basketball.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ron Artest got what he deserved. The fact the Pacers have pulled themselves back into it despite Artest's idiocy is a testament to them and shouldn't be tainted by MORE talk about Artest. He's not there. They don't need him.

GO PACERS!!!

I'm looking forward to this series. Artest did get what he deserved...but that's all in the past now and I'm pulling for the Pacers and Miller to go all the way. They did go through so much this season and Carlisle and the team still managed to get into the playoffs and get past the first round.

And it's also Reggie's final year and how great would that be if he could end with the ring.

so GO PACERS!!

I wish they wouldn't mention it because there are more appealing stories within the series itself. Unfortunately I don't see how the brawl can't avoided in mentioning on terms of the media. Sad of all days, my birthday has the title of the "worse brawl in sports history" attached to it like my twin brother.
49. You will not like him. He knows lots of four-letter words. One of them is "jail."
Funny:)

I hope the pacer's win, they're the team I least dislike and favor more to win it all than those who are in the playoffs right now, Go Scott Pollard---swat B. Wall jumpshot