Our Chances......

Petrie's made some pretty nice moves this summer, and I'm not sure if he's done just yet. With that said, on my signature is our inventory for next year, what are your expectations? We have a good starting lineup with some nice depth, I believe that we can win the pacific and be a 3rd seed in the west.

My expectations are that the Kings will be 4-6 seed in the West and out in the second round in 6 or 7 games if they still have roughly this same roster throughout the year. I'd be excited if they can make it to the WCF, and with this roster I'll be disappointed if the go out quickly in the first round.

Personally, I think we can win the pacific, maybe even be first seed in the west. This team is ready built for the regular season. Until we add more defense, however, I think that that is all we will get. Houston, San Antonio, even Phoenix and Dallas will give us fits in the playoffs. 2nd round, maybe even WCF. If we are lucky we can beat Houston, but our season will end when we face the Spurs. Maybe if we trade to add depth and defense we can be a true contender, but right now we look like a regular season beast and postseason pretender.

uolj said:
My expectations are that the Kings will be 4-6 seed in the West and out in the second round in 6 or 7 games if they still have roughly this same roster throughout the year. I'd be excited if they can make it to the WCF, and with this roster I'll be disappointed if the go out quickly in the first round.

Based on what? Who are 1-5 in that situation? I see San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix as maybe being better, but then who? Denver? Seattle? LA? Golden State? The more this offseason goes along, the more I think the balance of power is shifting east quickly. All the heavyweights are over there- Detroit, Miami, Indiana, and Cleveland. The Spurs are the only true contender in the West right now IMO, and I think we can beat out most of the pretenders.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
My prediction is that this team is going to go out there and play as hard as they can, and try to shake the "soft" label. That and do everything humanly possible to bring home an NBA championship within our new 3 year window of opprotunity.

Dallas didn't get anyone did they? What makes them so good to be better than us. The only thing that ever held us back from beating them before was athletic ability, but now will bonzi, i we can actually run the court like we want.

yeah thats what im saying, golden state even with baron davis, i dont believe that they can win it, phoenix lost some good role players, and the L.A.'s wont be there this year. They can win the pacific and then we'll go from there.

The thing I like is that Geoff has again made a team that will not fight over shots. Anyone on any given night can lead us to victory. I really think that we will win the Pacific and get to the wfc at least. One more piece and we can definitely get to the finals.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
Dallas didn't get anyone did they? What makes them so good to be better than us. The only thing that ever held us back from beating them before was athletic ability, but now will bonzi, i we can actually run the court like we want.
I don't think Dallas really needed to go get anybody. They probably have the deepest team in the league, big name wise, already.

BonziFan said:
The thing I like is that Geoff has again made a team that will not fight over shots. Anyone on any given night can lead us to victory. I really think that we will win the Pacific and get to the wfc at least. One more piece and we can definitely get to the finals.
Well, thats one of the benefits of this system. Rarely do you have players fighting over the ball b/c the style of play is so team oriented. Everybody gets their touches.

Man... has anyone pictured this on the court yet? BIbby, Bonzi, Peja, Shareef, and Miller? i mean... man ... im at a loss of words. Then we got francisco, kenny, skinner, hart, kevin, and price on the bench!!!! i mean, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!, this is freaking terrific.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Jamal Samson is a taller Reggie Evans that can block a shot or 2. I think he may be used with Skinner at PF in defensive stand along with Hart Wells and maybe Matt Barnes on the court at the same time that is a good defensive unit. You could also sub Wells for Martin. But yes the Spurs are the only team in the West that scares me now. All the other teams are bleeding talent left and right mostly to the east. Dallas will never make it as long as Dirk is a PF staying behind the ARC.

BonziFan said:
The thing I like is that Geoff has again made a team that will not fight over shots. Anyone on any given night can lead us to victory.
I can actually see this team fighting over shots...so much offensive firepower in the starting lineup may eventually lead to that. Hard to say.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
Man... has anyone pictured this on the court yet? BIbby, Bonzi, Peja, Shareef, and Miller? i mean... man ... im at a loss of words. Then we got francisco, kenny, skinner, hart, kevin, and price on the bench!!!! i mean, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!, this is freaking terrific.

Couldn't agree more.

I think if these guys keep in mind what team they are coming too and who the leaders are, then the fighting over shots will not happen. bibby will keep their heads straight

Entity

Hall of Famer
Omaha-King7275 said:
I honestly believe that we can get to the WCF but I just dont think anyone can match up with San Antonio in the west, there lies our biggest problem.
But we are far more capable of overcoming an injury than they are. If they loose their PF and SG they aren't a .500 team. If we loose ours we just go with a guy alot of us wanted anyway in Kevin Martin and our starting PF from last year.

captain bill said:
Based on what? Who are 1-5 in that situation? I see San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix as maybe being better, but then who? Denver? Seattle? LA? Golden State? The more this offseason goes along, the more I think the balance of power is shifting east quickly. All the heavyweights are over there- Detroit, Miami, Indiana, and Cleveland. The Spurs are the only true contender in the West right now IMO, and I think we can beat out most of the pretenders.
I think you answered your own question. This team might beat out Phoenix for the Pacific, but it seems more likely that they get second, which means at best a 4th seed. All it takes is one team to have a good regular season (like Seattle last year) or an injury or two to the Kings and they are at the 6th seed again. I don't expect the team to gel immediately even if no more moves are made, and the current team as set up is as much of a title pretender in my opinion as Seattle, Dallas, and Phoenix were last year.

Of course, that's all right with me, because the talent is there to continue stepping in the right direction.

we're about a good defending and rebounding PF that can come off the bench away from title hopes. we have great depth at the pg and sg positions. i'm just not as confident with corliss or KT off the bench. skinner i like tho.

D-Mass said:
I can actually see this team fighting over shots...so much offensive firepower in the starting lineup may eventually lead to that. Hard to say.
If Bibby/Cat/Peja/Webber/Miller didn't fight over shots then why would this one?

BibityBobtyBoom said:
uoljiWho named you official downer? can we please have hopes and dreams?:eek:
Hey I'm excited about my prediction. It's a lot better than last year, and it leaves room for better things in 2007.

Lots of optimistic people here, but not optimistic enough to think that the Kings have improved to the level of a division winner, only optimistic enough to feel that the rest of pacific has slipped and that the division will practically be handed to us on a plate... if we want it.

I look at Phoenix and still see a very good team. Who knows what Golden State will do, they could push for 50 wins and be right there with the Kings. Even with the traditional division power in a weakened state (the Lakers) and with the reigning division champ losing two starters and having to shuffle the lineup a bit, it'd take a lot for the Kings to win it. 47-52 wins is what I expect.