Opening Day Thoughts

Obviously with us losing the Monarchs, there has been a lack of build up for the season. However, I must say I enjoyed at least watching former Monarchs play today.

Scholanda looked pretty good in Tulsa, her style of play will get her solid minutes.

Ticha in LA :mad:, played only 9 minutes but nonetheless it was good to see her out there.

Maiga-Ba was her usual self in Minny.

Look forward to watching Kara and DeMya in Conn soon.

Other random notes/thoughts:

I think with a couple more games under their belt, Tulsa can make some noise. They held their own against Minny and it was entertaining to watch them...and Marion Jones play 3 minutes :rolleyes:

Suprised Courtney Paris first got waived and now hasn't gotten signed somewhere else. Seems like every team these days is moving towards a fast-break/uptempo offense though.

Any news on what Coach Whiz/Boucek are up to?

Jenny Boucek is back in Seattle with the Storm as Director of Player Development and Scouting. Which I'm sure is just a fancy title for assistant coach, like Pettis' new job title in Phoenix and Patterson's in Minnesota. Many ways to get around the "one assistant" rule.

http://www.wnba.com/storm/news/boucek100121.html

Ticha tweeted this after the game... explaining her limited minutes

TichaPenicheiro For the last week, my rt achilles has been really bothering me. I was trying 2 play through it,but it was 2 painful 2 go! It will b better
Here's a new article about her. Nice read.

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/content/bb/wp-bb/art-wp-bb/former-sparks-foe-at-helm-in-los-angeles.shtml?40269

Bekkah has been "suspended" by the Lynx until she gets back from Italy, and her team plays Game 5 on Sunday, so I'm guessing she will be back very soon.

Bekkah just tweeted that her team won the Italian Championship. Congrats to her!

Last edited:
it's so sad watching our girls on their separate teams! :( i love ticha, but rooting for LA goes against everything i believe in. i'm currently watching the chi-NY game and nicole hasn't played in these last crucial minutes. i love kara, but.. -- i can make reasons against everyone in their current situations!

i miss our monarchs..badly!

Wow...Courtney Paris got waived:( Too bad. Anyone know if Brunson is playing still?

Last I heard, Rebekkah Brunson was placed on "suspended" by the Minnesota Lynx, because she is still overseas as of this time.

However, her team has just won the Italian championship. So, congrats to her! And she should be suited up in a Lynx uniform any day now.

Last edited: