No Doubt that Nash is MVP!

KCRA showed the scores wrong tonight, They had Dallas 119 and Suns 102...

I was about to break out my clown stick on this thread and I checked ESPN before I replied. Good thing, never count on the news for anything.

sauce-26 said:
If shaq was healthy the whole way thru, he would be the clear cut mvp.
What's that saying about ifs and buts being candies and nuts?

Shaq's been hobbled here and there for 3 years now. It's because he didn't take care of his body.

BigWaxer said:
KCRA showed the scores wrong tonight, They had Dallas 119 and Suns 102...

I was about to break out my clown stick on this thread and I checked ESPN before I replied. Good thing, never count on the news for anything.
<- here's my "clown stick" :D

sauce-26 said:
Dont be so sure... what would be do... score a lot and be unstopable down low and grad plenty of boards? Im sure Amare would come close or even match Shaqs stats with the way Amare has developed and now plays. Nash clearly won last nights game. With him on the bench the game was tied or close... when Nash came in... they went on a 25-4 run or something like that. Shaq wont be at full strength and teams know that due to his age and how he has taken care of his body therefor all eyes arent on shaq... they are on Wade.

Dont get me wrong but I think Shaq is very close and may even be this years MVP but the way Nash is playing in this postseason is amazing.

Last edited:
sauce-26 said:
Here's an annonymous reply to this comment by an NBA player. Let's call the annonymous NBA player "K.B.".

I probably won't play tomorrow night or until I'm ready. But I don't need Shaq's advice on how to play hurt. I've played with IVs before, during and after games. I've played with a broken hand, a sprained ankle, a torn shoulder, a fractured tooth, a severed lip, and a knee the size of a softball. I don't miss 15 games because of a toe injury that everybody knows wasn't that serious in the first place.

But this is his team, so it's time for him to act like it. That means no more coming into camp fat and out of shape, when your team is relying on your leadership on and off the court. It also means no more blaming others for our team's failure, or blaming staff members for not overdramatizing your injuries so that you avoid blame for your lack of conditioning.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Severed lip? Severed, as in disconnected from the body? Whoa, that Kwame Brown is one brave little soldier.

;)

VF21 said:
Severed lip? Severed, as in disconnected from the body? Whoa, that Kwame Brown is one brave little soldier.

;)
I knew you'd chime in. ;)

I won't reveal the annonymous NBA player, but it's not Kwame Brown. Kwame himself is severed from his team.

Gargamel said:
Here's an annonymous reply to this comment by an NBA player. Let's call the annonymous NBA player "K.B.".

But this is his team, so it's time for him to act like it. That means no more coming into camp fat and out of shape,
Relatively speaking that statement in my eyes will never get old. LOL

Nash = MVP, no doubt.

But I'll take his 48 points with 9 turnovers and 5 assists. That means no one else is scoring. And if no one else is scoring, I expect the Mavs to make it to the western conference finals for the first time since 2003.

Game 5 is just as important to the Mavs as it is for the Suns - this will be good.

48-5-5 but 9 turnovers... partly because Amare had a terrible game (good Dallas defense) and the suns just had stone hands and Nash couldnt get them the ball. He was incredible though, even if Dallas gave him plenty of easy shots, it still takes skill to make them.

OK, so I didn't see the game. But I still have to ask, was it that the Mavs played well or more of the Suns playing poorly and having an off night?

Dallas played well. They had a great gameplan, they allowed Nash gaping holes to the lane and would not come off their man to take him. Basically, they dared Nash to win the game for them, and he did his best.

I hope Dallas is ready for the next adjustment, Game 5 is the swing game and will decide the series more than likely.

I don't know about MVP of the playoffs but Nash was certainly the MVP of the regular season. Dwayne Wade very well could be the MVP of the playoffs so far.

Avery Johnson is a smart guy. Let Nash drive to the rim and take open jumpers. If he can't get Amare going, they aren't gonna win. Dallas basically is taking away Nash's strongest ability, the penetrate and dish. Now he can just penetrate and pull up for a jumper or make a contested layup. Mavs are not gonna leave Amare to block Nash anymore, and it worked. 3FGM for Amare = Suns lose.

mavsman said:
I don't know about MVP of the playoffs but Nash was certainly the MVP of the regular season. Dwayne Wade very well could be the MVP of the playoffs so far.

i agree, except the dwayne wade part.

look at how far the suns have come, i think nash is primarily responsible.

fakie said:
i agree, except the dwayne wade part.

look at how far the suns have come, i think nash is primarily responsible.

You're right, especially considering that the Suns are undefeated in the playoffs despite Amare sitting out the last two games. . .oh wait, I'm sorry. The Heat are undefeated with Shaq sitting out the past two. Wade does everything Nash does on the offensive end, plus plays defense and rebounds. I'll take Wade.

Further proof for Nash in game 5 of the Suns/Mavs series: 4 minutes left in the game, Suns are winning (but haven't won yet --- plenty of time left), 32 points, 12 assists, 13 rebounds, 4 turnovers. Huge, Magic-Johnson type numbers from Nash tonight.

Will be interesting to see if Suns can hold onto a 9 point lead with 4 minutes left.