Nigel Hayes

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Nigel Hayes has a better chance at sticking than Jack Cooley. I like Cooley and how he brings his hard hat to work but he's terrrrrible on defense. Hayes played some good defense but not as good as Jakarr Sampson.

They do different things. In the post Hayes can stick 7 footers with his length and strength. They played him at center and he handled Zubac well.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I just like watching Cooley run up and down the court. He's as slow and lumbering as any player I've ever seen.

He moves his feet OK for his size at least. One thing he does very well is his screens are brick wall level. He and Koufos both create a ton of space for Buddy, Fox, Mason, and Bodgan around those screens. Nigel Hayes set some terrific screens also. For Joergers system bigs constantly rotating from the post to the wing setting screens in both areas is more important than just about anything else and he now has a crop of bigs that can do it.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well, we still didn't need to do the Malachi trade if we didn't want to. It was pretty pointless really. The Malachi trade went down after everything had been done.
I thought we covered this ground. Malachi was simply a roster spot opening for next year and shaving off a little more salary. If we bring back Bruno next year as a full-time King you got something to whine about unless of course he can play ball with the big boys.

Last edited:
Well, we still didn't need to do the Malachi trade if we didn't want to. It was pretty pointless really. The Malachi trade went down after everything had been done.
It just reaffirms to my initial belief that we decided to dump Malachi.

Oh well. I think he still has untapped potential in there.

aww man, Nigel played last night? Couldn't catch the game and I doubt I'll get any highlights on Youtube.

Quick rundown of his minutes?
He played roughly 21mins went 1-7. Hit on a corner 3, had 3 rebs I think as well. Played solid defense and for not knowing a thing about our system he seemed to at least no where he was supposed to be. I have to say that I already feel better about adding him than I do about Bruno, but I haven't given up on him either.

Edit: His shots looked good from outside just didn't fall. Maybe Jitters as he doubled his total NBA minutes played in that game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He played roughly 21mins went 1-7. Hit on a corner 3, had 3 rebs I think as well. Played solid defense and for not knowing a thing about our system he seemed to at least no where he was supposed to be. I have to say that I already feel better about adding him than I do about Bruno, but I haven't given up on him either.

Edit: His shots looked good from outside just didn't fall. Maybe Jitters as he doubled his total NBA minutes played in that game.
He had no chance to practice at all with the team. He seemed to be able to take Joerger's directions almost without effort ad I do not recall him making any grievous errors. I agree he probably had "first game with a new team" jitters.