News from RonRon

source http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=ronartestjournal

Ron talking about his summer : family, practice, music and watching playoffs. It's cool to be a nba player :cool:

He said Baron and Stephen Jackson are the playoffs MVP :)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ron Artest Journal Entry #6[/FONT]

What’s up, everybody out there? It’s been a long time since I’ve written my last journal. I’ve been making that transition from the end of the season to the summertime. I had a chance to go back to New York City and get back to the ‘hood and help people. I’m able to spend a lot more time with my family too. I’m trying to make sure they have a nice, smooth summer. Once I do that, we’re going to get back on our music grind. We’re still making fire and we still have a lot of love and passion for it, so just stay tuned to what we’re doing.

I think the basketball season ended the way it was supposed to. It was unfortunate that we didn’t make the playoffs, but the best teams make the playoffs and the best teams win. That’s the great thing about having another season. I have another chance to redeem myself. I’m in the gym working hard for next season.

I spoke to Eric Musselman recently too. He was a good friend to me and I really appreciate playing for him. I’m sure he’ll get another job. It was just an unfortunate situation that he was in.

This off-season, I’m going to stick to my schedule. I have to make sure that I practice every day and that I get some rest every day. I’m going to enjoy my family. I’ll maybe do a little bit of music. I’m going to keep Foul Monday, Challice and Braska busy.

The community service worked out well. It is what it is. I got charged for a couple of misdemeanors and it’s unfortunate. I served my time and I’m trying to move on. Things happen for a reason. Sometimes it’s unfortunate the way things turn out, but everything will be fine.

Challice has his project coming out around the end of June. I’ve known Challice for a long time. I support what he’s doing. He loves to do music. His career hasn’t taken off and he’s been in the game for 10 years. He’s stuck with it. He has his mixtape dropping that’s hosted by DJ Absolut from Hot97 and myself, Ron Artest, aka T-Dub. Challice is doing big things.

As for my music, I’m going to really try to prioritize the most important things in my life. God and family are the most important things. I also have to worry about my profession, which is basketball. Music comes fourth or fifth. I’m fortunate to have good artists around me when I do do music. I’m fortunate to have learned how to record myself, so I do songs every chance I get. I’m going to keep family and God first. When I get a chance to do a song, I’m going to do it and the important thing is that everybody is on the same page. Even if I’m not there, everyone else has to stay and be on their grind. We can’t try to eat off each other in a bad way.

The playoffs so far have been exciting. I was definitely hoping that Golden State would have beaten the Jazz. I thought they had a good shot. I’m looking forward to playing against them next year. I think Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson are definitely the MVPs of the playoffs. I was proud of how they played. Everybody left it out on the court. I felt for Dallas too that they didn’t get a chance to put a stamp on their legacy, but Golden State has some real hardcore players. And for the record, I think Dirk deserved the MVP. He deserved it, but Jermaine O’Neal should have gotten the MVP the year that we had the best record. I was disappointed that year when Steve Nash got it because they say it goes to the best player on the team with the best record. I’m proud for Dirk though. He came from overseas and really made a name for himself over here.

Anyway, I’m off to the gym now. I’m looking to get better and come back with a few more moves. Look for me to be stronger next year and have more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
"I spoke to Eric Musselman recently too. He was a good friend to me and I really appreciate playing for him. I’m sure he’ll get another job. It was just an unfortunate situation that he was in."

LOL! I don't even want to ponder that one. That's a crazy-maker, for sure!

I've seen Artest, Muss, and Bibby at the gym at the same time. Artest seems to go out of his way to really chat with Muss for a few minutes, Bibby just says hi.

'sup Ron Ron. Nice to see you're having a fun summer and you're keeping out of trouble - so far. Make sure you feed the dogs. Oh, by the way, good luck on your new team cause you're gone!

Anyway, I’m off to the gym now. I’m looking to get better and come back with a few more moves. Look for me to be stronger next year and have more fun.
Working out and preparing for next season? We cant have anyone who puts in effort on this team. Geoff you know what you have to do. :rolleyes:

sounds like hes watching his words carefully sounds like ron ron been reading the forums, nice comeback ron, who knows if you grow to 6'11 and become a overnite pf stud maybe petrie will keep you, if not you'll still probably be here because no one wants a drama KiNg!

I’m able to spend a lot more time with my family too. I’m trying to make sure they have a nice, smooth summer.
Yeah, like get into some more sweet sweet violence scenes.

Sheesh, just trade the guy already and be done with him.