[NEW] Things that Grant says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In case the tweet disappears, here's what was said:

"Malone was just a casualty of stupidity and change of the guard I think." - Bob @bobtis

"Stupidity by an incompetent GM." - Grant Napear @GrantNapearshow

In case the tweet disappears, here's what was said:

"Malone was just a casualty of stupidity and change of the guard I think." - Bob @bobtis

"Stupidity by an incompetent GM." - Grant Napear @GrantNapearshow
Wasn't Malone a casualty from Pete's reign?

Grant used to describe Pete as being two moves ahead when people called the show questioning his decisions.
lol i remember that.
someone called in the other day and asked what he‘d say to those who think he’s just a mouthpiece. he of course denied it and said he’s always unbiased and calls it like he sees it. I immediately had a flashback to when he would just shout down anyone who called in and dared question the Maloofs when things started going sideways. I dont mind grant, but I’d hardly say he’s unbiased

lol i remember that.
someone called in the other day and asked what he‘d say to those who think he’s just a mouthpiece. he of course denied it and said he’s always unbiased and calls it like he sees it. I immediately had a flashback to when he would just shout down anyone who called in and dared question the Maloofs when things started going sideways. I dont mind grant, but I’d hardly say he’s unbiased
Peaches and unbiased don’t often appear in the same sentence.

By far the largest piece of evidence remains his turncoat ways during the Magoof saga. Whatever credibility he still had left, if any, was completely destroyed thereafter.

Here, hear.
The moment he understood that he was no longer secure of a job after relocation, he changed his stance and started lobbying against relocation.
He would happily kiss their assess and do his job from Virginia Beach or Seattle.
I really wish Vivek would lay down an ultimatum that Grant has to give up his afternoon drive show. His daily Minister of Information act is a big part of the problem for the franchise’s credibility with the fan base. Give that slot to Carmichael.

I really wish Vivek would lay down an ultimatum that Grant has to give up his afternoon drive show. His daily Minister of Information act is a big part of the problem for the franchise’s credibility with the fan base. Give that slot to Carmichael.
Peaches would be forced to go on food stamps if that happened! For years dude played poor me card talking to the likes of Brad Miller after game interviews in silly jealous way referencing large "buy me lunch NBA contract." Always been blatantly obvious stuck in Sac so many decades because his talent not transferable to major media market. Otherwise, would have left, had offer top announcers job in NY, Boston, LA, etc. Plus, his rude, hard edge NYC shtick never good fit in much more laid back Sactown. But you are right, stuck with the terminal loser until Vivek wakes up, realizes Napear thoroughly damaged goods with Kings fan base and more a problem than a solution.

Peaches would be forced to go on food stamps if that happened! For years dude played poor me card talking to the likes of Brad Miller after game interviews in silly jealous way referencing large "buy me lunch NBA contract." Always been blatantly obvious stuck in Sac so many decades because his talent not transferable to major media market. Otherwise, would have left, had offer top announcers job in NY, Boston, LA, etc. Plus, his rude, hard edge NYC shtick never good fit in much more laid back Sactown. But you are right, stuck with the terminal loser until Vivek wakes up, realizes Napear thoroughly damaged goods with Kings fan base and more a problem than a solution.
LOL you realize he’s now in his TWENTY SIXTH year of doing his radio show, and never had any interest in leaving this market?

LOL you realize he’s now in his TWENTY SIXTH year of doing his radio show, and never had any interest in leaving this market?
Read his post. Obviously drunk.

Look, Grant is polarizing for sure. But he is VERY WELL RESPECTED in his circle. He has built a following based off his respect for the community and the team and their respect for him.

Does he toe the company line? Yes.

Does he get short with moron callers? Yes.

Does he do a good job keeping a finger on the pulse and the fan base from flipping out? Yes.

Imo, he does his job. And he is entertaining. More so with Doug next to him. Doug has been a very welcome breath of fresh air.

I look forward to listening to them, mostly because of Doug's insight but also because Grant is entertaining.

Long live the Kings.

lol i remember that.
This is generally true. Yes, he backed Pete D and yet he shouted down those who came on and said Pete D was a moron. The problem is, nobody called back up and told Grant straight up they were right and he was wrong. If somebody who had called Grant and got shouted down actually called him back up and said hey Grant, you told me I was a moron about Pete D and now you agree with me that he is, so apologize, can you imagine how much his head would explode?

Somebody, please do it. I love entertainment

This is generally true. Yes, he backed Pete D and yet he shouted down those who came on and said Pete D was a moron. The problem is, nobody called back up and told Grant straight up they were right and he was wrong. If somebody who had called Grant and got shouted down actually called him back up and said hey Grant, you told me I was a moron about Pete D and now you agree with me that he is, so apologize, can you imagine how much his head would explode?

Somebody, please do it. I love entertainment
That person wouldn't get past the screener. His schtick is orchestrated, and it doesn't work as well if he's admitting he's wrong left and right. It's a show after all.

I still remember him going on a tirade yelling at a caller that giving up his season tickets was a terrible idea as the Kings were going to be really good and there will only be a waiting list in the future. That was three years ago! And Grant was doing his go-to elevated, holier than thou voice. He isn't going to admit he was wrong on that either, nor should he.

He must be doing well because he's still on, but I listen almost exclusively to podcasts now. I wonder what the listening demo is for AM sportstalk these days. 51-65? Maybe a shade younger?

Seriously?? That would not be an upgrade.

That person wouldn't get past the screener. His schtick is orchestrated, and it doesn't work as well if he's admitting he's wrong left and right. It's a show after all.

I still remember him going on a tirade yelling at a caller that giving up his season tickets was a terrible idea as the Kings were going to be really good and there will only be a waiting list in the future. That was three years ago! And Grant was doing his go-to elevated, holier than thou voice. He isn't going to admit he was wrong on that either, nor should he.

He must be doing well because he's still on, but I listen almost exclusively to podcasts now. I wonder what the listening demo is for AM sportstalk these days. 51-65? Maybe a shade younger?
The contrast in his voice from the Kings telecasts to his radio show always cracks me up. It's like when people get on the phone and their voice miraculously goes up 2 octaves of niceness. It's like come on man we know that's not how you normally talk.

A lot of the callers on Grant's show seem younger than what you may think. I'm not able to listen when CD takes callers but he's always got the text line going and I doubt baby boomers are blowing up the text line.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member

Played it too safely reguarding the nature of the issues at hand. My bad.
Thanks!

I don't follow everyone and their cousin (pun intended) on Twitter so it kind of aggravates me when people post "Oooh, did you see what happened?" Why say that and NOT say what happened (for those of us that may not already know and have to try to go find what you may have been referring to)? :rolleyes: Sorry, pet peeve. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.