NBA Playoffs, Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think that if we could do Simmons for Buddy and our #1 and keep Bagley I would prefer that to the deal with Thybulle but either work for me.

Could Fox, Tyrese, Barnes, Simmons and Bagley work at the same time?
that would certainly be an incredibly modern lineup. The issue would be that you’d banking on Bagley being able to handle bigger big men and figuring out how to keep Simmons from getting in Fox’s driving lanes.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’m all aboard the Hield for Simmons wagon. That’s the type of massive swing a team like Sacramento needs to take.

If it works and we find CWebb magic, fantastic! If it doesn’t, we’d have sucked anyway so no harm in the try.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
that would certainly be an incredibly modern lineup. The issue would be that you’d banking on Bagley being able to handle bigger big men and figuring out how to keep Simmons from getting in Fox’s driving lanes.
My thought is you'd need to find a traditional big for those games where the three forwards get destroyed down low and we'd still get eaten alive by the unicorns, and it would be pretty expensive lineup before you fill in another 3 rotation players. But we'd be in the playoffs every year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well if you're trading Buddy for him I'm not sure you're going to be left with many shooters. Keep in mind that teams would all the more pack the paint against Fox.
Davis and Wright. Presumably losing Holmes would actually open up more time for our better shooting bigs like Bagley and Metu.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
why does Giannis have to carry the burden of the offense and defend Durant? That's why they acquired PJ Tucker and Jrue to take that burden
He doesn't have to carry that burden, but if he was half the player that people tell me he is, he should have wanted to guard him, on that last possession of regulation. I don't know why people who deify Michael Jordan (not speaking of you, necessarily) would give Antetokounmpo a pass on this: he should have looked both Budenholzer and Tucker in the eye, and said, "No. EYE got KD!"

Ben Simmons could get the Kings to the playoffs, which w.ould be like winning the title for them, so I guess trading for him would be okay just for that...but, man, that dude either has shattered confidence or has none of that internal, eat at yourself, wake up at 3am and can't go back to sleep til you solve it drive and doesn't care that much. Or some of both. I feel for him and don't feel like rooting for him at the same time.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ben Simmons could get the Kings to the playoffs, which w.ould be like winning the title for them, so I guess trading for him would be okay just for that...but, man, that dude either has shattered confidence or has none of that internal, eat at yourself, wake up at 3am and can't go back to sleep til you solve it drive and doesn't care that much. Or some of both. I feel for him and don't feel like rooting for him at the same time.
Come on, Simmons randomly hitting a buzzer beater three to win us a playoff series would probably destroy the internet.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He doesn't have to carry that burden, but if he was half the player that people tell me he is, he should have wanted to guard him, on that last possession of regulation. I don't know why people who deify Michael Jordan (not speaking of you, necessarily) would give Antetokounmpo a pass on this: he should have looked both Budenholzer and Tucker in the eye, and said, "No. EYE got KD!"
maybe he doesn't want to be Jordan? maybe he wants to just be Giannis. All Giannis has left to prove is if he can win the Bucks a ship and this year is about as good as its going to get

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't want to get excited but I feel like Simmons is basically at C-Webb being traded so Sacramento's point in his career arc.
It does sorta feel like people are so busy dunking on poor Ben Simmons that they’re ignoring the fact that he’s a 6’11 dude with elite length and court vision that is also capable of defending every single position.

Come on, we don't actually believe the Sixers are going to trade Ben to the Kings for any of the triple B's do we? The dust will settle and you would be looking at Hali and the 9 for him at the very least. I couldn't sign up for that. Plus the Sixers need to win NOW. They need a Beal type. How about Kyrie? If the Bulls come out slow next year, what about Lavine? What about BI?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Come on, we don't actually believe the Sixers are going to trade Ben to the Kings for any of the triple B's do we? The dust will settle and you would be looking at Hali and the 9 for him at the very least. I couldn't sign up for that. Plus the Sixers need to win NOW. They need a Beal type. How about Kyrie? If the Bulls come out slow next year, what about Lavine? What about BI?
The entire NBA community has blasted Ben into oblivion. Do I think the Kings will get him, someone will probably put together a compelling package and I bet they will get roasted for it until a year or two from now when it works out.

It just gives us an opportunity when a year ago the mere suggestion would have been absurd.

I think Barnes will be a harder hole to fill but yes, I would. Still fairly sure that lineup gets us to the playoffs year in year out. I don't need to be greedier than that.
Reason I ask is because I think if anything, Simmons replaces Barnes more than he does Buddy, though I get the argument that Buddy has already been replaced by Hali+TD. Realistically, you can find better shooters than Barnes (assuming he just had a good shooting year and will fall back slightly closer to his career average) - his value is more on the defensive end, being able to play the 4 and getting to the line.

joel absolutely dunking on Ben now. At this rate, the Sixers won’t be able to give him away.
That's rough. I mentioned months ago that Simmons is the type of player Kings fans would complain about if he were on the Kings. Some agreed with me, and some thought I didn't know what I was talking about. Simmons is not a good fit for this team or this market. Too soft and timid.

Status
Not open for further replies.