NBA Playoffs, Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Be still my heart, it’s the Dual Unicorn lineup, and Willie just tried to hit his fellow Unicorn on a fast break alley-oop! <3

Disappointing. Hopefully the Clippers lose game 7 with an especially poor showing by PG and we still get the off-season drama. I think expectations of a championship season are probably quite tempered at this point to where losing in the second round again won’t create the fallout Shams and The Athletic are licking their chops for.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Imagine, instead of Jimmer Kings could have had Kawhi. Instead of Bagley could have had... Sleep well Kings fans:confused:
Kawhi wouldn’t be the player he is today if the Kings drafted him. It does suck, but this is a miss I’m not ever held up on. The other one? Lol, we all know my feelings in that guy.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
But rumor was we were gonna draft dame but we didn’t know trob was gonna fall
That's not exactly the rumor. The rumor is that Petrie wanted Dame but the Maloofs wouldn't commit to spend the money to either resign JT or spend for a PF in free agency, so he felt he was forced to draft for position rather than BPA.

That's not exactly the rumor. The rumor is that Petrie wanted Dame but the Maloofs wouldn't commit to spend the money to either resign JT or spend for a PF in free agency, so he felt he was forced to draft for position rather than BPA.
You’re right. I was thinking McCollum and bmac. But Dame did think we were going to draft him apparently.

I wouldn’t put it past the Maloofs, but that always sounded like a rather convenient leak for Petrie. Even if it’s true, are you really changing your approach because you’re worried about replacing Thompson’s 9/7 a game? It’s ok to admit that we caught the falling knife with Robinson! Most mocks had him the higher “BPA,” anyway, it’s just that he was expected to go earlier, right?

I was excited about that pick, too... until his first summer league game when it was clear he was actually quite undersized when not playing against other college kids.

I wouldn’t put it past the Maloofs, but that always sounded like a rather convenient leak for Petrie. Even if it’s true, are you really changing your approach because you’re worried about replacing Thompson’s 9/7 a game? It’s ok to admit that we caught the falling knife with Robinson! Most mocks had him the higher “BPA,” anyway, it’s just that he was expected to go earlier, right?

I was excited about that pick, too... until his first summer league game when it was clear he was actually quite undersized when not playing against other college kids.
Maloofs were managing for the short term at that point. I fully believe Petrie’s hands were tied. He went from picking Peja to picking Jimmer. I just don’t buy he suddenly got that bad at judging talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.