NBA Playoffs, Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol that sounds like the stupid Tony La Russa unwritten rules nonsense going on in baseball. It’s annoying when it’s happening to you, but who cares. Step up and defend him if you want to shut him up.
well good learning experience today. What I didn’t realize is before 2 minutes the game clock keeps running while the 24 second clock doesn’t start.

it’s counter intuitive but the defensive team wants to force the offensive team to pick up the ball outside of 2 minutes.

while I thought Young was still a dick I’m less annoyed than I was originally.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
three teams wrapping up their series today which was good to see, I'm ready for round 2. Now I just want to see Denver Portland go to 7 and Phoenix to send the Lakers fishing tomorrow

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
To the extent that this is true, how many of them were drafted after Jordan's second (1998) retirement?

I think you may have misspelled Pierce, Garnett and Allen? And we should be okay with it, because this culture is a monster of our own creation: if we, as consumers, hadn't spent every day since Jordan retired telling these players that their careers are zero sum, without a ring, maybe they wouldn't feel the burden of winning a ring, no matter what?

So you say. I don't believe that, for a second. If anything, I believe, to the contrary, that they want to be part of a "superteam," just as much as those other guys, they just (a) don't want to go somewhere else to form a "superteam," and (b) want to be able to say that they were "the guy," no matter what. If Damian Lillard thought that he could get Giannis Antetokounmpo to come to Portland, and defer to him, he'd be trying to recruit him, right now. I think that Lillard totally wants to be on a "superteam," he just doesn't want to be thought of as the guy who had to "ring chase." If he could get people to come to him, he would. In my opinion, the only difference between a guy like Lillard and a guy like Harden is that Harden doesn't care if we think that he's "weak" or "soft," for going to "chase" a ring. Lillard is just as "weak" as Harden is, he just doesn't want us to think that.

Right. He accepted it. That's why he's still in Oklahoma City.

Yeah, you'll never convince me on the myth of the "strong personality" in sports, so I guess I'll have to do that thing I hate, and agree to disagree.
a couple of post 98 draftees that come to mind are CP3, Russ, Harden and in the coming years the list has a chance to continue to grow. the Celtics big three was a product of Ainge making things happen on his own without Pierce suggesting to him that he specifically wants Ray and KG. you will believe what you wish, I won't try to change your mind. Russ gave OKC his all and never requested a trade, OKC simply was ready to rebuild and they did him the service. Strong personality is only a myth if you live in a bubble.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Mavs are going to do something dumb like extend THJ, aren't they?
I don’t really see the issue with Hardaway? Most the time I see him he’s a solid three point shooter who’s not an active detriment everywhere like KP. Not near a Max player, but extension-worthy on a Buddy-lite contract.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don’t really see the issue with Hardaway? Most the time I see him he’s a solid three point shooter who’s not an active detriment everywhere like KP. Not near a Max player, but extension-worthy on a Buddy-lite contract.
He makes more than Buddy though, which is the issue

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kawhi has a reputation of being a killer in the clutch and rather than give the ball to him, Mann tried to go for a layup, actually got open but decided to pass the ball off to an unsuspecting Tatum anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.