NBA/Kings Draft Lottery Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lost in the madness of yesterday:

Not only did our pick stay at 14th overall for the Celtics but Memphis's fortuitous leap up the draft order meant that their pick didn't convey to Boston, essentially blowing up most of the ammo for any AD trade while still in the barracks.

Crazy enough, Ja Morants projected NBA likeness is DeAaron Fox. That right there speaks volumes as to how Foxxxy Cleopatra is seen in the NBA world. After his second year in the league he is getting comparisons to the projected 2nd overall pick (who some are saying could be the best player from this draft even with ZDub coming out). Mitchell, Tatum, Ball? Nope.

The Kings Philly trade talk is dead. It's done. They used our pick this year to move up in the draft to select a player they have already traded. In hindsight you do that trade 10 out of 10 times if just to make sure you should move on from Cousins and replace him with Fox, Giles, Bagley and Hield (and to a lesser extent Justin Jackson who you traded for Barnes). I'm calling that trade a win. Even with the pick swaps, we still got our men.

After his second year in the league he is getting comparisons to the projected 2nd overall pick (who some are saying could be the best player from this draft even with ZDub coming out).
I'm one that's been making saying it. Not a certainty, of course. I just firmly believe Ja Morant can be pretty darn good and I'm not sold that Zion is going to be as elite as many others do. I see a Blake Griffin, Vince Carter, Dominique Wilkins type of guy, which is a HOF caliber player but not necessarily one that'll lead to a championship. Those 3 guys were human highlight films (one of them literally!) but not the best of their respective eras.

Ja Morant may not be that player either. However, I just have a feeling that once both players develop and mature, Morant might have more of the ability to lead a team toward a title.

Obviously we all hope and believe that Swipa and MB3 are those types of players too. ;)

Lost in the madness of yesterday:

Not only did our pick stay at 14th overall for the Celtics but Memphis's fortuitous leap up the draft order meant that their pick didn't convey to Boston, essentially blowing up most of the ammo for any AD trade while still in the barracks.
I'm not sure about that. Boston still has the rights to the pick moving forward. Memphis is positioned to pick Morant and may be more likely to trade Conley now, so they very well be worse next year. In addition, the 2020 draft is likely better and the pick will only be top-six protected (and becomes unprotected after that). It's still a nice chip for the Celtics to have.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I saw this today and didn't see it posted here:

Could you imagine what it'd have been like around here had that pick landed #4?
Although in all honesty if there ever was a year for that KANGZ curse to strike and have us move up 10 spots in the draft, it would be this year.

Zion is in his own class, then you have RJ Barrett and Ja. After those three dudes, it's a whole bunch of guys who will end up being perfectly fine role players and dudes with absolutely huge question marks.

I honestly am glad we don't have to worry about our lottery pick this year because it is even more of a crapshoot than normal.

I've heard so much moaning about the Kings not having a first round draft pick, I think it needs to be pointed out that the Kings have something as good or better: an attractive destination for a veteran free agent. The kind who used to laugh when their agent said the Kings are interested. Can't underestimate that.