NBA and Nike ban ninja style headbands

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a bit disconcerting that Nike has any say in this at all. They provide jerseys, I don't see why they should have any say in NBA governance. What's next, Nike doesn't like the 24-second clock?
It's not that Nike doesn't like the 24-second clock, it's just that they see the massive marketing potential of a Jordan Brand 23 second clock . . .

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get where you are coming from but keep this in mind, the NBA just recently allowed the players to mix and match any type of sneakers they want in a form to "express themselves" and they have plenty of opportunities to express themselves pre and post game with their outfits. When you are on the court it's all about business and keeping it simple in my opinion, there is plenty of other platforms out there for these players to be themselves. Do you see Soccer players out there wearing all this extra stuff they don't need? what about football? what about baseball? point being, on court/field play should be professional and having a Tekken style headband just doesn't fit that category.
I don't know about that. I just read an ESPN article about Odell Beckham Jr wearing a $200,000 watch during games. And I remember Michael Crabtree and Aqub Talib getting ejected after a fight when Talib ripped off Crabtree's big chain necklace.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know about that. I just read an ESPN article about Odell Beckham Jr wearing a $200,000 watch during games. And I remember Michael Crabtree and Aqub Talib getting ejected after a fight when Talib ripped off Crabtree's big chain necklace.
I've noticed the last two seasons more than others that players have started wearing chains under their uniforms so this isn't a trend that has been going on for too long. If you want to look back in time, I believe Dion Sanders and Barry Sanders wore necklaces but I may be wrong.