My Take on Spencer Hawes

I have no opinions of a 19 year old. I recall what I was doing at 19 and well....luckily I figure things out in my 20's;)

Been reading posts for awhile and thought this was as good a time as any to join in the fun. Walton was one of the greatest college players of all time. In NCCA championship game against Memphis State he made 21 of 22 shots and grabbed, I believe over 20 rebounds. While he was outstanding in College his pro career (initially with Portland) was looking to be outstanding as well but was significantly shortened due to continuing injury problems. He was a very good defensive player and rebounder that could run the floor and pass like a guard. I do not think that a comparison of Hawes to Walton would be very fair to either. I do however hope that if Hawes ever decides to join the world of broadcasting after his Bball career is complete that he not try to emulate Walton's one of a kind irritating style. Just an opinion, of course.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Been reading posts for awhile and thought this was as good a time as any to join in the fun. Walton was one of the greatest college players of all time. In NCCA championship game against Memphis State he made 21 of 22 shots and grabbed, I believe over 20 rebounds. While he was outstanding in College his pro career (initially with Portland) was looking to be outstanding as well but was significantly shortened due to continuing injury problems. He was a very good defensive player and rebounder that could run the floor and pass like a guard. I do not think that a comparison of Hawes to Walton would be very fair to either. I do however hope that if Hawes ever decides to join the world of broadcasting after his Bball career is complete that he not try to emulate Walton's one of a kind irritating style. Just an opinion, of course.
Welcome to Kingsfans.com! Nice rookie post, BTW.

If Spencer Hawes ends up being even half the player Walton was, I'll be a happy camper - and I hate Bill Walton. ;)

Hawes should go on one of those AI/Lebron "I don't want to be one of those guys" talks, where he defends his similarity to whichever player and says that he wants to leave the league having played like Spencer Hawes and not Walton.

Well according to that interview he had with the hoopshype guy, he said that he is motivated to hit the weights. That is very good. Now someone from the Kings staff needs to get him a workout regime that includes several plyometrics and possibly a diet that will help his body to maximize his efforts.

Well according to that interview he had with the hoopshype guy, he said that he is motivated to hit the weights. That is very good. Now someone from the Kings staff needs to get him a workout regime that includes several plyometrics and possibly a diet that will help his body to maximize his efforts.
Along with some steroid use of course....;)