More Refs?

I'm pretty sure the league can afford more refs. Why not double the size of the crew?

Watching games all around the league it just feels like these current crews are woefully under-equipped to cover all the angles they need to see to make accurate calls consistently. More eyes = less obscure views. Plus the more refs u got, less chance of a single bad vote by a ref deciding a call they meeting over.

I think this would reduce the amount of replays needed too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
More officials on the court would mean more plays interrupted by officials not getting out of the way. It's crowded enough out there already. It's not the number of officials that's the problem IMO. It's the quality.

More officials on the court would mean more plays interrupted by officials not getting out of the way. It's crowded enough out there already. It's not the number of officials that's the problem IMO. It's the quality.
Agreed. To me more officials most likely means more bad calls. For every foul that they miss they also seem to call a foul on something that isn't because they anticipate contact that never happens.