Michael Bradley the Next Scot Pollard???

Can Micheal Bradley become a steal in the DC trade?... he's listed at 245lbs and 6'10".. on hoopshype.com states he has good size and rebounding skills... maybe if he shows the work ethic and heart, he can become a Scot Pollard clone and give us some rebounding and hustle inside... his best year was 2002-03 with toronto where he averaged 6.1 rebounds, 1.0 assist and 5.0 points per game, in just 19 minutes per game... if he can show the work ethic and hustle, i think he can become a solid bench player for us, ala scot pollard...

GO KINGS!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He's not on our injured list but I'm not gonna be looking for a lot of playing time from him in the near future. He is behind a lot of guys, unlike Cat who is stepping right in to a vacant position.

As far as MICHAEL becoming a solid bench player for us, I'm sure Petrie considered that. The Kings moved Daniels to the IL to make room for Bradley, so I'm thinking they're thinking he's more than just filler in a trade deal. We'll all have to wait and see what happens.

I'm disappointed at Tag's performance. He just seemed not focused on the game. His dance couldn't make it up. :p
Can Michael play today?

I'd imagine Bradley's only significant chance for minutes is if Songaila gets injured or Bradley outplays him over the next few months in practice and the few minutes he might see during games. I don't see why they'd ever play Bradley over Ostertag if Songaila is around.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
When he was coming out of Villanova, I really expected Bradley to be a better NBA player than he has been. He was a more than decent post player, had a nice looking jumper and just an overall feel for the game that I haven't seen from him in his pro career. His passing should make him a nice end of the bench replacement with the Kings. Just like Brad Miller before coming to Sacramento, I think this is an underrated aspect of his game.

The one thing I HAVE seen from him in his shortened minutes is a good nose for the ball, especially on the offensive glass. I don't see Bradley getting minutes except in injury or mop up situations, but I do think he makes a better fit here than in his previous NBA stops.

Well from what I've HEARD Bradley has a nice mid-range jumper. I think I remember him saying something about he should be able to benefit from the passing game the Kings use. If that's the case, maybe he's a similar player to Songaila/Brad Miller? Cause I think Songaila has the potential to be a Brad Miller clone (with less passing skills, less puppy dog eyed-faces/complaining). Who knows though..I have never actually seen him play a game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
funsc - I wouldn't count on him playing today. And, BTW, Matt Barnes doesn't back up at the PF position.

When the trade was announced, Napear was very emphatic that Bradley was "nothing to get excited about." Basically said he's a warm body that made the salaries match up.

With expectations that low, he can't help but impress us!
~~

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Remember, I said it first. Bradley's nickname is: six more fouls.

Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week. Tell your friends.

VF21 said:
Remember, I said it first. Bradley's nickname is: six more fouls.

Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week. Tell your friends.

That most have been some strong coffee you had this morning.

Greg Ostertag said:
Cause I think Songaila has the potential to be a Brad Miller clone (with less passing skills, less puppy dog eyed-faces/complaining). .
Thing is, Songaila is not a center, and neither is Bradley. They just don't have the size, and unless you're Ben Wallace, that's important. Brad is a 7-footer, Pollard is 6'11", 265 lb. On the court that can make a big difference over 6'9", 245.
~~

how will anyone know until he actually steps foot on the Arco court and plays

ive never even heard of the kid until the trade...can't wait to see what kinda player he is or what kinda player he can be with the Kings