matt barnes!

Entity

Hall of Famer
He better be. When you start and players like Webb and Peja are out. If you don't do things like that we get blown out. Just like Peja scoring more points with Webb out. If he doesn't we get beat.

SacTown's Finest...woot woot!!

i dunno but for some reason that will always stick with me

I think Matt hustles and plays with great effort and every time he's in the game

Entity said:
He better be. When you start and players like Webb and Peja are out. If you don't do things like that we get blown out. Just like Peja scoring more points with Webb out. If he doesn't we get beat.
Yea - thats why I don't agree with all these stats that people put up over how good people play when someone is out. It isn't that the team is actually better without a player - its just that players need to step up in the absence of their teammates. Have to admit that I'm satisfied with Barnes' performance these past few games. Him and Evans together will form a nice dual threat coming off the bench. Couple that with Songaila, Martin, and a healthy Bobby Jackson and the Kings have one of the most energetic benches in the NBA.

The question is, would Barnes still be in the rotation once we're at full health? It'll be hard to find time for him once the starters are back and Evans being the 1st G/F off the bench. Personally, I'd like to see Adelman using Barnes for spot minutes closing quarters and halves just because his hustle and defense can help us get extra possesions and points at the end of quarters which could be the difference in a tight game. I still don't understand why he didn't play much or at all (can't remember) in the 4th quarter at SA, he just made a spectacular play to end the quarter and he gets benched? Correct me if I'm wrong...