Marvin Bagley - the legend begins

That's the best possible result. It still sucks because he was just gaining momentum and now will miss at least several games. Reminiscent of the bone bruise.

I was gonna say that this team can’t ever catch a break — as this injury really hurts their chances at the postseason — but the severity of the injury is the team catching a break. So I won’t complain ;)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It's great news that the Bagley injury isn't serious, but the probability of this team getting to the playoffs just went down with his one to two week absence.

Giles has got to make a big jump up in defense and rebounding to make up for no Bagley; I'm not holding my breath on that one. That leaves WCS to pick up the slack, and I wouldn't rely on him for anything other than inconsistency.

I’m so happy for him, but that sucks for us. Thankfully we play the Knicks a couple times during that stretch

I hope they aren’t overly cautious with the guy

“Evaluate” better mean putting him on the damn court. he missed too many games already when he probably easily could’ve been brought back against the lakers after Christmas

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In hindsight, while the injury physically looked bad, it may have been Grant Hyperbole Napear delivering his call with the solemnity of a man who just witnessed an infant get torn to shreds by a pack of rabid dogs that made the injury seem worse than it actually was.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
thank goodness it's only a sprain and nothing more. This most likely puts the final nail in the Kings' coffin as far as Playoff aspirations unless Giles, Bogdanovic and Barnes step it up in a major way to make up for his scoring and rebounding

The "rush him back" crowd is nuts!

There's no guarantee that we're making the post season either way. Let our future cornerstone piece heal up!! I think the other guys (Giles, Bjeli-if he's ever out of the dog house) can pick up the slack.

And with his play style, I can't imagine a 75-80% Bagley is gonna be nearly as effective as when he's healthy and bouncy.
I'm not advocating rushing him back. A sprain is a common enough injury that does not require extra precautions. When swelling is down and you feel better and stable, you're good to go. No need to sit him for the season or be too concerned with long term effects. Get him healed up as quick as possible.

Rest those wheels over the next week and then lets see where we are. He will be back this season and his impact will be large but for now the focus needs to be on others stepping up to fill the void

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm not advocating rushing him back. A sprain is a common enough injury that does not require extra precautions. When swelling is down and you feel better and stable, you're good to go. No need to sit him for the season or be too concerned with long term effects. Get him healed up as quick as possible.
Well, I'm not advocating resting him for the season. :p

When he's good to go, he's good to go. Hopefully it's sooner than later, but I just want him 100% when he hits the floor!

I really hope this injury thing that keeps coming up is just a fluke. Yeah I was watching when it happened and it didn’t look good. Did it derail our playoff chances? Maybe?

It shows that we need all of our pieces to keep in the race and it also shows we need to find ways to improve our team also. He has been a important part of our roster as of late but if our regular starters can’t win games for us down the stretch and that’s a problem.

We will need Bagley on the floor in our future seasons and not missing a quarter to a third of the games.
Are we cursed or just unlucky? I always thought if Cousins had not been sidelined for chunks of games we could of ended that playoff drought years ago.
I haven’t forgotten Cousins getting hurt, team goes into a tailspin, coach gets fired, and the dark ages continued to this year with a ray of hope on the horizon.

I wish for a healthy career for Bagley as he is a star of the future for us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I really hope this injury thing that keeps coming up is just a fluke. Yeah I was watching when it happened and it didn’t look good. Did it derail our playoff chances? Maybe?

It shows that we need all of our pieces to keep in the race and it also shows we need to find ways to improve our team also. He has been a important part of our roster as of late but if our regular starters can’t win games for us down the stretch and that’s a problem.

We will need Bagley on the floor in our future seasons and not missing a quarter to a third of the games.
Are we cursed or just unlucky? I always thought if Cousins had not been sidelined for chunks of games we could of ended that playoff drought years ago.
I haven’t forgotten Cousins getting hurt, team goes into a tailspin, coach gets fired, and the dark ages continued to this year with a ray of hope on the horizon.

I wish for a healthy career for Bagley as he is a star of the future for us.
It was an injury as the result of a direct collision with another player. That's a lot different than an injury because of a weak ankle or something in that vein.

We aren't cursed' we aren't unlucky. Look around the league. Pretty much every team has dealt with injuries. It's just part of the game.

I do agree we need all our pieces - but so do most of the other teams.

As far as Cousins' injury goes, it wasn't an injury that sidelined him for us. It was viral meningitis.