Marvin Bagley and Damian Jones

gunks

Hall of Famer
If Bagley starts playing up to his potential as the number 2 pick under Gentry, is it funny that a Vlade pick was held back by a Vlade coach, or sad?

Either way, it’ll be neat if he has a career resurgence under Gentry. Would still prefer to trade him, but living in the moment it was pretty fun to root for Bags tonight. That 3 was killer.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If Bagley starts playing up to his potential as the number 2 pick under Gentry, is it funny that a Vlade pick was held back by a Vlade coach, or sad?

Either way, it’ll be neat if he has a career resurgence under Gentry. Would still prefer to trade him, but living in the moment it was pretty fun to root for Bags tonight. That 3 was killer.
Worked for Brandon Ingram.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
... Who famously failed to develop, when coached by Luke Walton.
While BI's raw numbers weren't bad, he was so grossly inefficient and misused with the Walton Lakers that it's really hard to say he was developing into a star player whereas, under Gentry, everything sort of came together for him (and he somehow miraculously learned how to shoot) to the point that he became an all-star.

Not saying that that's all Gentry's doing but Luke's track record with young players (r any player really) isn't great.

Also; Why haven’t we ever seen this before? Dude’s been a helpless deer legged baby on defense his entire basketball life and can lock up Dame on the perimeter when he’s motivated? Where has this been? People might care if we saw this 4 years ago.
yeah our organization is so sad. After I heard Klays interview saying “the reason why we win is cause have great ownership from top to bottom”. That broke me lol

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Consistency, please. For ages now we've seen long stretches of losing, then a little win streak (yhaaa!), then a long stretch of losing. Last night's game means nothing for this season, but I sure enjoyed watching it. I'm hoping for more, but I've been to this rodeo too many times to think it's some watershed moment.

I did notice that Bagley's shot mechanics are different and improved. He doesn't take this long wind-up like he used to have. My guess is it's Christie's doing. It never made sense to me that a guy who had such a quick jump should have such a slow and deliberate shot release. Maybe that problem has finally has been rectified.