Marquese Chriss?

Marquese Chriss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got cut by the Warriors. Anyone interested? Former top prospect, so intrigue is always there. Super athletic (like the Kings) but he's been low IQ as far as I can tell.

GSW fan base warmed up to him though.

Last edited:
Where's the folks here that blasted Vlade and the KINGS for not drafting and keeping Chriss versus PapaG?

It appears that move was no better. But they surely didn't believe so then....

Same goes for Wade Baldwin. Remember all the fuss over him too? SMH.

After Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray at #6 and #7, the only really good players in that 1st round of the 2016 draft was Sabonis and Siakam. And lots of teams passed on Siakam. Boston even passed TWICE after selecting Jaylen Brown @ 3.

2016 was really just a pee poor draft on the whole.

Last edited:
Where's the folks here that blasted Vlade and the KINGS for not drafting and keeping Chriss versus PapaG?

It appears that move was no better. But they surely didn't believe so then....

Same goes for Wade Baldwin. Remember all the fuss over him too? SMH.

After Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray at #6 and #7, the only really good players in that 1st round of the 2016 draft was Sabonis and Siakam. And lots of teams passed on Siakam. Boston even passed TWICE after selecting Jaylen Brown @ 3.

2016 was really just a pee poor draft on the whole.
People were on Vlade about taking PapaG but no one complained about not keeping Chriss. We got Bogdan for him and Chriss has never played well enough for anyone to want him on the team anyway.

Levert, Dejounte and Poetl or however you spell it have all been pretty good as well.

But yeah that draft was easily the worst in recent memory.

Actually I just checked Chriss' stats for this year. They actually aren't bad at all. Best of his career. Weird that he got cut by a team that obviously lacks depth during a wasted season anyway.

People were on Vlade about taking PapaG but no one complained about not keeping Chriss. We got Bogdan for him and Chriss has never played well enough for anyone to want him on the team anyway.
Clearly wasn't you, but there were numerous people mocking the PapaG pick claiming that they should have taken Chriss. I even remember a few more posts during his Chriss' 1st and 2nd NBA seasons.

Basically anyone but PapaG would have been a worthwhile selection, was the crux of the arguments. Turns out that there were only a handful of decent players and the KINGS were far from the only franchise that didn't identify or take them.

PapaG was a poor pick. But unless they took Sabonis or Siakam -- who nearly every team passed on -- pretty much every other option they could have gone with instead would have been marginal at best.

I think Vlade and staff identified the poor draft and decided to take a gamble. That's probably why they traded down in the 1st place. And landed Bogie.

Don't get me wrong, Vlade has made numerous mistakes (one really awful one for sure) but that draft was just bad all around. There weren't many winning opportunities.

A post asking whether anyone would be interested in Chriss turns into a Vlade discussion. That's so kingsfans.com.

Anyway, I was just asking. I'm not necessarily enthralled by the idea but Caleb is obviously a wasted roster spot so I don't see why maybe we shouldn't kick the tires on Chriss. He did look a little improved. It's not like this season is going to be worth anything more than developing guys.

Last edited:
Just got cut by the Warriors. Anyone interested? Former top prospect, so intrigue is always there. Super athletic (like the Kings) but he's been low IQ as far as I can tell.

GSW fan base warmed up to him though.
But back to the OP, yeah I'd be interested. Still so young at only 22 and he's taken a leap to being a decent rotational player this year. Efficiency is ok, huge jump to his AST rate and FTr (no idea if those are real) and been solid on the glass. Turn the ball over way too much, fouls way too much, but on a talent-deprived team, he's the type of player you take a look at.

We’re always complaining of this team having no toughness. Marquese solves that. I don’t know—I root hard for Chriss as a hometown guy. Draymond liked him a lot. I felt terrible for him when we traded him—almost as bad as Sixers trading Bridges. He’s probably a guy that will need to have, and will have, a Whiteside type second act.

We’re always complaining of this team having no toughness. Marquese solves that. I don’t know—I root hard for Chriss as a hometown guy. Draymond liked him a lot. I felt terrible for him when we traded him—almost as bad as Sixers trading Bridges. He’s probably a guy that will need to have, and will have, a Whiteside type second act.
Toughness haha stop it man

"Chriss had performed admirably as a backup big man for the injury-riddled Warriors, but Golden State needed to clear a roster spot to convert Damion Lee to a full-time player, and Marquese possessed the only non-guaranteed deal on the books."
https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2020/1/7/21055374/sacramento-kings-marquese-chriss-trade-rumors

Waive Swannigan, sign Chriss , if Dedmon is on the way out, giles may get a contract from another team,
I can see Bagley, Belly, Holmes and Chriss

If it costs the same or less than Caleb, I am all for it, he only got 1 yr 1.7M at GSW
2m per year for this yr and next year and only 500k Guaranteed for yr 3

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A post asking whether anyone would be interested in Chriss turns into a Vlade discussion. That's so kingsfans.com.

Anyway, I was just asking. I'm not necessarily enthralled by the idea but Caleb is obviously a wasted roster spot so I don't see why maybe we shouldn't kick the tires on Chriss. He did look a little improved. It's not like this season is going to be worth anything more than developing guys.
Not any more. Posts not directed towards the original question have been deleted. Not every thread is gonna turn into a bashing of Vlade...or Bagley.