Maloofs not responsible for banners?

I believe that they should hang there until the Monarchs find a new home. I don't necessarily agree that they are a part of Arco Arena, and that they should hang there forever... Eh, I don't know, maybe someone can change my mind on the subject.

It was a bit fast, taking them down already.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I strongly suspect it was some overly-eager arena employee's idea and not that of the Maloofs. KG4 and I noticed they were down on Wednesday - so I'm not sure why Voisin didn't see it until Friday.

Bottom line is, once again, I think someone in the organization made the decision and acted on it without the knowledge and certainly not the okay from the Maloofs.

I know it's a touchy subject, but what's the precedent for this? Are the banners for the Detroit Shock and the Seattle Storm still hanging in the rafters of their old arenas after they moved? How about the Houston Comets? Since they no longer exist as a team, are their championship and player banners still up in the Toyota Center?

I agree with the general sentiment. Some MS&E employee really jumped the gun on this one.

Mama Maloof needs to box a few ears, and soon.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I know it's a touchy subject, but what's the precedent for this? Are the banners for the Detroit Shock and the Seattle Storm still hanging in the rafters of their old arenas after they moved? How about the Houston Comets? Since they no longer exist as a team, are their championship and player banners still up in the Toyota Center?
Why wouldn't the Storm banners still be there? They're the only professional team that plays in that arena.

Just came home from the Kings game and the banners were back up.

I personally would like the banners to stay up at Arco, even if they move/disperse. Looking at them tonight, it brought back memories from the over the years.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Yeah, I just got home too. 1st thing I did was check for the banners and was very happy to see them hanging where they belong. Personally, regardless of what happens to the team, as long as ARCO exists, I think the banners should hang there. They were earned there.

Yeah, I just got home too. 1st thing I did was check for the banners and was very happy to see them hanging where they belong. Personally, regardless of what happens to the team, as long as ARCO exists, I think the banners should hang there. They were earned there.
Total agreement here. Here's where the memories were made, the cheers heard, and the hearts broken.

p.s. I'm still carrying confetti from a special day from 2005 in my camera bag.