Maloofs bet Mayweather to beat McGregor

I'd like to see something shocking, I don't think Conor winning is going to happen. So maybe Mayweather getting an early KO and then immediately retiring for good. It would shot a lot of people up who don't understand why Mayweather is so good. I think he is a crappy human but he's one of the best boxers I've ever seen and I always respected him in the ring (the same goes for Jon Jones, I was a fan and followed both early in their careers so it's hard for me to separate being a fan of a special fighter from being disappointed in them as people).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Oh you mean the vid where McGregor pummeled a two division champ who is in the middle of attempting a comeback? Yeah great point.

I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

You don't know what you are looking at when you watch McGregor.... and neither do his opponents, which is the point. McGregor deliberately moves between styles and movement patters. It seems chaotic and it's supposed to. His punching power is insane for his size. He timing is incredible. He can win a slugfest (Diaz fight) and he can also finish you with a precise, well timed blow (Ald0).

Also, no one has seen him fight pure boxing rules. In MMA, you have to guard against 8 weapons (2 fists, 2 elbows, 2 knees, 2 feet), in boxing it's two fists. Narrowing down the guard will change how he fights. You don't know how he fights/guards. Neither does Mayweather. That's the point.

https://twitter.com/BevisSimpson/status/875154261503619075

Bevis Simpson ‏@BevisSimpson

Conor vs Mayweather will once and for all settle that classic debate: Who is the best at boxing? A professional boxer or someone else

Welp... At least this time, Terry Conklin was actually Irish...

Anyone sensing a mcgregor v pacquaio or canelo coming up? Too much money to be made. Plus more beatable fighters for Mcgregor. Maybe even GGG if he gets his ppv buys up.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anyone sensing a mcgregor v pacquaio or canelo coming up? Too much money to be made. Plus more beatable fighters for Mcgregor. Maybe even GGG if he gets his ppv buys up.
I think those guys would destroy him. Floyd was a great test as a defensive oriented fighter, using lightweight gloves combined with a history of hand trouble, who hadn't had a stoppage in 6 years. I take nothing away from Conor but he basically walked right into Mayweather's gameplan. I don't know why people always expect something else from Floyd - there's a reason he's an all time great boxer with the longevity he has had, and it's not because he rushes into trading punches. B-Hop was another great that most people never watched and when they did they thought he was boring, terrible and always got gifted decisions. I think the reason boxing has lost its popularity is because there are no Mike Tyson type beasts anymore. If you want to see quick knockouts, you can see at least two on your typical MMA card.