making sense of the iggy situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been putting some thought into this situation and i honestly think theres alot more to this situation then whats being put out there. nothing that has been reported on the reasons we pulled the offer make any logical sense. when we were originally pursuing iggy it was being reported that he was becomming our top free agent priority. then it was reported that wemade him a substantial offer at 56 million. if the offer is true then logic would tell you that our front office wanted him to come aboard and it seemed as if he was our #1 priority. if your that serious about throwing that kind of money at a player then there is no logical reason we would pull our offer so quickly and ruin the chance at signing the player you really want!! some people are saying we gave him a short period to sign and since he didnt sign it quickly we pulled the offer. I honestly do not believe that we would do that so quickly if he was our "guy. something else happened that we are not aware of. MY opinion of what hppened is that dallesandro caught wind of iggys agent trying to USE the kings offer to get him a good deal from a team he would rather play for.it seems to me that we were being used and thats why the offer was pulled so quickly. dallesandro is very well conected and could have caught wind on what was transpiring and shut it down sending a message that we will not be used as a pawn in free agency. i highly doubt we pulled the offer to send a message to free agents that if your our "guy" and we make u an offer you better sign it fast or we pull the offer. you just dont do that to a player you really want to land and judging by the offer we made iggy we obviously wanted him.

I read that the Kings offer was being used by Iggy as well. Hats off to D Allesandro for sending a message that the Kings will not be tread upon.

I think we gave him an alotted amount of time to decide... don't wanna get left behind in fa waiting on one guy. Good move imo.

I think it's simple, we threw a boatload of money at him, more than probably anyone else will, and it wasn't enough for him to pick Sacramento. That tells me he didn't really want to be in Sacramento. Vivek & Co. want hungry players that want to be here and we won't be used as leverage. I love it.

Is it possible?...................that Kings backed out because Denver would like to do a sign-n-trade for Igoudala? That way Denver will not lose him for nothing. Kings would do this because they can probably include Thornton and Jimmers contract and picks?

Possible?

Good move by our FO. The culture is changing, and it starts from the top. The message is clear. They are not here to be fooled around. The best thing about this story is that I'm pretty sure Iggy won't get another offer like ours. You've been Bonzi Wellsed!

Status
Not open for further replies.