Maggette/Wilcox/Bender on block?

i know the pacers wouldnt go for that...but they might possibly go for something like the following....the key for them is cutting payroll....the following does it....dont know if charlotte wants to take on the additional payroll, but they make out like bandits, so they might consider it....

do the clipps give up maggette and wilcox to get peja??? i dunno...they seem to want to get rid of both...so who knows...

u sac fans can tell me what u think...i know kmart is a fan favorite...but picking up maggette, wilcox and bender should be pretty intriquing...should make the kings markedly better defensively....im curious what u kings fans think....

Charlotte Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Melvin Ely
6-10 PF from Fresno State
7.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 20.9 minutes

Incoming

Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes

Kevin Martin
6-7 SG from Western Carolina
2.9 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 10.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: +6.4 ppg, +0.9 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Eddie Gill
6-0 PG from Weber State
3.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 14.0 minutes

Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.3 minutes

Incoming

Melvin Ely
6-10 PF from Fresno State
7.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 20.9 minutes

Change in team outlook: -1.5 ppg, +0.6 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Chris Wilcox
6-10 PF from Maryland
7.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.6 minutes

Corey Maggette
6-6 SG from Duke
22.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in 36.9 minutes

Incoming

Eddie Gill
6-0 PG from Weber State
3.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 14.0 minutes

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Change in team outlook: -6.3 ppg, -4.4 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Corliss Williamson
6-7 SF from Arkansas
10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes

Kevin Martin
6-7 SG from Western Carolina
2.9 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 10.1 minutes

Incoming

Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.3 minutes

Chris Wilcox
6-10 PF from Maryland
7.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.6 minutes

Corey Maggette
6-6 SG from Duke
22.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in 36.9 minutes

Change in team outlook: +1.4 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana, L.A. Clippers, and Sacramento being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, L.A. Clippers, and Sacramento had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

yeah, umm we just restructured our team quite a bit, I dont know if it is a good idea to start trading more players untill we see how our current group pans out. We could have a winner as it is, if not we have many cards to deal out. I think we should sit and wait for at least the first 20 games before passing any judgement on this team.

Bender is a finesse PF, not a SF. He's too slow laterally to guard guys out on the perimeter. He's actually got some pretty nifty finesse moves around the basket, but he isn't a passer. He is a scorer, weak defender, weak rebounder, and good shot blocker. Personally, I don't think he has a whole lot of potential left. If he stays healthy, he'll be the type of player I described above--a great backup.

It's early, but injuries haven't bothered him yet, and he played very well in a lot of minutes today. I wish the kid the best, but seeing as how the Pacers lack a quality PF backup, I don't see them parting with him too easily. Especially after all they've invested in him.

Yeah, whenever I saw him, he was driving to the basket, and getting basically all his points at the FT-line. Added like 15 lbs to his frame, and looked it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
:: shrugs ::

Jermaine O'Neal? Why start small?

Seriously, that's the sort of question that requires a well-thought out answer, and I'm too sleep-deprived to give you one of those at the moment.

maggette and thomas for JO huh???

sure why not....

i mean after all....u got miller for pollard...

could we interest u in artest for kmart and skinner? ;)