Live Super Bowl Thread

Thought Lady GaGa national anthem one of top three all time anywhere along with long ago Marvin Gaye NBA All Star Game, Whitney Houston at another Super Bowl. Payton Manning looks as intense as ever, Denver out the early 3-0 lead.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Let me catch up. I'm watching a replay as I had to watch an intense golf match. Hey, it went three extra holes. How was I to know? I'm rooting for Denver. I hope people remember we had a choice of pursuing Manning or signing Kap.

errrr.. "we" meaning the Niners.

Game okay so far, not riveting unless you love generally stifling D. 16-10 Denver with about 11 minutes left.

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I like Peyton Manning. It's an incredible way to finish a career. It seems clear that he could play more but why take the risk? This is a storybook ending.

Now, is he better than Joe Montana? ;)

^^ It's hard for me to get too much more upset about that than I am about $5 bottles of water at the movies.

I like Peyton Manning. It's an incredible way to finish a career. It seems clear that he could play more but why take the risk? This is a storybook ending.

Now, is he better than Joe Montana? ;)
The HGH accusations really tainted it for me, enough that I was sort of rooting for the Panthers. It was funny that he played so horribly this year but his defense carried him compared to all the years he was criticized for not being able to win more even though he was the one carrying his defense.

Is he better than Montana? I don't know. I'm also biased. The answer is probably yes, but I don't think I can quite say it.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He is arguably be better than Montana because athletes in 20xx are better than athletes in 198x but I still give the edge to Montana. This win belonged to Denver's defense. Probably the most dominant defense since the 85 Bears. It sort of helps that they were allowed to physically destroy the Patriots in the regular season which sent them into a tailspin, but they won the rematch fair and square. I'm happy Peyton can go out a winner even though I was never a fan.