Kristaps Porzingis sexual assault allegation

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't want to sound dismissive but there is something that just doesn't sit well with me that by this woman's own acknowledgment she waited over a year to come forward because she was discussing financial compensation with the alleged assailant. Especially given the fact a 5 figure payout is nothing for a guy expected to sign a huge multi year 8 figure contract.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't want to sound dismissive but there is something that just doesn't sit well with me that by this woman's own acknowledgment she waited over a year to come forward because she was discussing financial compensation with the alleged assailant. Especially given the fact a 5 figure payout is nothing for a guy expected to sign a huge multi year 8 figure contract.
If you read the ESPN story, it looks like Porzingis' lawyer already referred the accuser to the feds three months ago accusing extortion, and claims the feds are investigating the accuser. The Mavericks knew about the situation when they made the trade, but have been instructed by the feds not to discuss it. And the alleged incident took place only hours after Porzingis tore his ACL. So there is probably reason to be a bit skeptical on this one.

Oh boy. May have to put the dreams of Zaps and Luka together on hold.

Thought it was a little odd that the Knicks were try to trade Porzingis to anyone with a pulse. On the plus side, if true, he fits into the Mavericks workplace culture perfectly.
Now that this has come out and without speculating on the whos and whats of the actual case, I think we now know a bigger reason why the Kings didn't throw their hat into the Porzingis sweepstakes other than being uncertain about his injury.

Also a really bad look for Mark Cuban.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Luka Doncic - performance discussion thread gets the honor of hosting the Porzingis rape accusation discussion?
MOD VOICE: There won't be a discussion of the accusation or accuser. Reporting the allegation is one thing, but making assumptions about the alleged victim, etc. are no more acceptable now than they were when Kobe Bryant was the accused.

MOD VOICE: There won't be a discussion of the accusation or accuser. Reporting the allegation is one thing, but making assumptions about the alleged victim, etc. are no more acceptable now than they were when Kobe Bryant was the accused.
was just commenting that Luka performance thread was not the best place for this discussion which @Mr. S£im Citrus took care of.