Kings vs Raptors Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is going to be our gamethread, but I'm going to assume it will be unless another one pops up.

We're going against the Raptors, and we actually have a chance at winning this game. Of all the 2010 free-agents, I would be most excited to get Bosh. Mostly because he's a fantastic player and of the available players I think he's the one we would have the best chance to actually get. A rotation of Bosh/Spencer/JT would be very good for a lot of years.

With that said, all I care about for this game is the rotations and how they play Spencer and JT on the offensive end of the court.
I want to see if he sticks with the 4 big-man rotation, and if so, who comes off the bench first. (I would love to see a move back to Moore only picking up 10-12 energy minutes)
I want to see who plays the meaningful minutes when things are close.
I was very unhappy with how the team ignored Spencer in the post in the last game, and hope to see an improvement in that area.
I was very happy that JT did not turn it over as much when he had it in the post in the last game, and am hoping to see continued improvement in that area.

I wonder how the Kings come out tonight in front of probable half empty building. Heard Bjax say in pregame interview on radio that X-mas day practice was "useless." Players were "gripping" a lot and most not into it at all. It seems to me as a vet he should not have bought into all the group think complaining. Maybe if he (Brad and some others) had spoken up for a professional attitude then how you practice is how you play would not be a concern tonight - if not every night for this group of Kings. To ask these mostly overpaid millionaires to go all out for only an hour or two yesterday at the beginning of this home stand must just be too much for this "team."

Heard Bjax say in pregame interview on radio that X-mas day practice was "useless." Players were "gripping" a lot and most not into it at all
What a nice attitude for everyone to have. Although I am sick and don't like to waste tickets, I was thinking about going to the game. Looks like the players made my decision to stay home.

SO much for Natt playing the kids. We have Mikki and Brad on the floor
Yep. Spencer was showing a lot more energy on the court compared to Brad, but Spencer got pulled first and replaced with Mikki.
And Bosh immediately went at Mikki put in the basket and got the +1.

*sigh*

Is it me or does Bobby Jackson look like he gained weight since his last go round in Sacramento? He looks big, not out of shape big however.

THis is the first time I hear Angela Tsai in action and dang. She sounds like someone who is giving a lecture and trying not to forget what the hell they are taliking about. Very forced. Hot Chicks and Sports.

So far things are not going well in this game.

Spencer - 12 minutes
JT - 9 minutes
vs. Brad -19 minutes

Donte - 0 minutes
vs. Salmons - 15 minutes & Garcia 22 minutes

Granted Spencer and JT didn't play well in the 1st half, but there is no reason to play Brad this much. Spencer was missing a lot of gimme's so hopefully things will balance out in this next quarter.

Donte is raw, but he needs to get into the rotation if only for 5-7 minutes a half.

Is it me or does Bobby Jackson look like he gained weight since his last go round in Sacramento? He looks big, not out of shape big however.
That's pretty normal for most players and people in general. If you've watched an NBA player through an entire career you will typically see them heavier towards the latter have of their career. Sometimes it's heavier just fat, sometimes their body is able to add more muscle.

Your metabolism starts to slow down and doesn't burn like a furnace like it did when you were a bit younger.

And yes, I would say Bobby is carrying a little more weight than he used ot. That's been for a few years now though.

Four and a half minutes into the 3rd quarter:
Spencer replaced by Mikki for 'energy'.

Frustrating, especially since Spencer has been playing very good defense against Bosh.

we suck and it's the truth!!!
I can easily take a 60-65 loss season and enjoy every minute of it provided that it looks as if we're making progress towards our return to relevance.
That means playing the kids at the same time and during relevant portions of the game so that they can learn how to play together and eventually win together.

A game as is being played tonigh: To lose while the vets get the majority of the minutes is not basketball I have much enthusiasm for.

If it meant the getting the coach and management completely on the same page to really start relying on the kids to play the games...I'd gladly take a 10-15 game losing streak.

I can easily take a 60-65 loss season and enjoy every minute of it provided that it looks as if we're making progress towards our return to relevance.
That means playing the kids at the same time and during relevant portions of the game so that they can learn how to play together and eventually win together.

A game as is being played tonigh: To lose while the vets get the majority of the minutes is not basketball I have much enthusiasm for.

If it meant the getting the coach and management completely on the same page to really start relying on the kids to play the games...I'd gladly take a 10-15 game losing streak.
I agree with everything you say. I thought if we are rebuilding, should we be playing our youths for experience? I just get really annoyed when I see the score and no young playing except Spencer. Just for once, I just want to hear the starting lineup of Beno, Martin, Greene, Thopsom and Hawes; one can dream....

Well, it looks as if the Raptors thought we might go to Salmons.
We did, and Salmons drove right into traffic for the turn-over.

Yay...

Status
Not open for further replies.