[Game] Kings vs. Jazz, Friday Nov. 1, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Swipa's game tonight. He forced some things late, but overall I liked his aggressiveness.

One thing I hated right when it happened was when the KINGS got the ball back with 43.2 after the Gobert dunk.

I didn't like Swipa's decision (or the coach if that's who decided it) not to maximize their chance for a 2-for-1 with only a 1 point lead. Instead, Swipa milked the clock and once he missed the Jazz had what could have been the final shot.

IMO they've got to get into a set early and get a shot off make or miss. If they make a 3, they've got a 2 possession lead. If they make a 2 or even miss the shot, they've still got the lead with a possession still available to them sans an offensive rebound on the other end.

Poor end of game management IMO.

But luckily it all worked out. But we know how those types of situations are often presented again over an 82-game season and the result might be drastically different next time around.

Lastly, props to Richaun Holmes for his switch out, perimeter defense against Donovan Mitchell on that last possession. As a vet, he knew how to be just physical enough to bother him w/o drawing a whistle. That bump then subsequent challenge of the shot caused Donovan to waste enough time that he didn't even get the shot off in time --- even had he made it (oddly, I never heard Peaches or DC mention that on the broadcast).

Brilliant effort and defense!
Sorry but I kept hearing "Remember that point Doug. They could have went for a 2 for 1"

Having been at work during the game, I missed the minutia. Just hoping this starts some inertia.

Kings Win!!

One other noteworthy thing I noticed tonight was how damn fast the final 2 minutes of the game played out.

Donovan Mitchell shot free throws with 2:20 remaining. There wasn't another stoppage in play, other than to inbound the ball, until 0:17 when Utah called a timeout to set up their go ahead basket. Then there was only one other stoppage of play with 02.9 to go when Utah called another timeout to setup their final play.

I realize the KINGS didn't have any timeouts left, but still. It's rare to see the end of an NBA game play out so quickly like that. No stoppages for a review. No prolonged referee huddles. Only a brief discussion on the Gobert loose ball foul.

That was it. Crazy!

If you put the boxscore down and just watch the game, it becomes very evident how good of a player Barnes is.
He's just ok imo atm he's the 3rd or 4th most important player so far this year after Fox/Holmes/Bjelly if you are not box score watching. If he were making 10-15mil per season I'd be ok with him doing what he is doing but we need way more for him to justify the money he got.

He's just ok imo atm he's the 3rd or 4th most important player so far this year after Fox/Holmes/Bjelly if you are not box score watching. If he were making 10-15mil per season I'd be ok with him doing what he is doing but we need way more for him to justify the money he got.
How much is a win worth? Because IMO the Kings lose last night without Barnes. Barnes was tracking the ball and ran to the open area and scored last second.

It was a good win despite the Kings shooters having an off night. The Defense came around a little. Mr. Holmes introduced himself to Goobert in defense of a teammate.

It was a nice win, embrace it:)

Good to see. I love Buddy as a person. Might be the nicest/best guy on the team and the one guy you would want as a friend.

All that being said Bogi needs to be on the floor at the end of games.
I think Buddy will find his game. Seen this before. Young player gets big contract. Young player tries to live up to big contract but falls short. Give him time. He’ll find his shot.

I think Buddy will find his game. Seen this before. Young player gets big contract. Young player tries to live up to big contract but falls short. Give him time. He’ll find his shot.
Yeah exactly. With the contract there is an expectation that he performs, and he will take some time to figure out (along with the new offense) how exactly to be a star player on offense while not being a ballhog or iso player. We all know handles are not his strong point so that makes things even harder. You see him trying to set Holmes up in pick and roll and whatnot, and that's good but sometimes bad because he's not a great passer. Bottom line is he is trying to live up to the contract, but he will have to figure out his role and how he can be more efficient from his spots. Again, we're paying him to be Klay, not Derozan, but then the offense has to reflect that as well. Klay Thompson gets wide open not solely by virtue of his movement but the offense and screens set for him too.

First, I love DeAaron Fox. Who doesn’t? But he almost gave the game away in the last three minutes. They were lucky to get the W. He tried to be the hero and do it all himself. On one hand I like his determination, but it’s a TEAM sport. Maybe a pass or two would have been much wiser against a tough defense. Three times he drove to the basket, was shut down, and threw up short desperation jumpers while backing up and ending up on his ass. None of these shots fell. How many times in the critical last minutes of the game are you going to try that? I just hope as his game matures he’ll remember he’s on a team and make better decisions. The Kings still need to learn how to PASS the ball when the defense closes you down.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ok so how should I feel after this win? Is the sky still falling? Is the organization still a disaster? I don't know how to feel.

Where are you SLAB? You're the most pessimistic. What do you think?
I’m out on this team. I quit after the Giles news. Who knows when I’ll be back. It took a full season after THE TRADE and a month or so after THE PICK.

It’s just the mix of everything is too much for me to take.

Normally I completely bail on the board during my rage-quits, but I’m here to watch it burn now. I’m here to actively root for [REDACTED] in his thread and see the board reactions. I’m here to see the Vlade heat grow. I hope Giles eventually plays and then maximizes his potential somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.