[Game] Kings vs. Jazz, Friday Nov. 1, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Swipa's game tonight. He forced some things late, but overall I liked his aggressiveness.

One thing I hated right when it happened was when the KINGS got the ball back with 43.2 after the Gobert dunk.

I didn't like Swipa's decision (or the coach if that's who decided it) not to maximize their chance for a 2-for-1 with only a 1 point lead. Instead, Swipa milked the clock and once he missed the Jazz had what could have been the final shot.

IMO they've got to get into a set early and get a shot off make or miss. If they make a 3, they've got a 2 possession lead. If they make a 2 or even miss the shot, they've still got the lead with a possession still available to them sans an offensive rebound on the other end.

Poor end of game management IMO.

But luckily it all worked out. But we know how those types of situations are often presented again over an 82-game season and the result might be drastically different next time around.

Lastly, props to Richaun Holmes for his switch out, perimeter defense against Donovan Mitchell on that last possession. As a vet, he knew how to be just physical enough to bother him w/o drawing a whistle. That bump then subsequent challenge of the shot caused Donovan to waste enough time that he didn't even get the shot off in time --- even had he made it (oddly, I never heard Peaches or DC mention that on the broadcast).

Brilliant effort and defense!

wow! Feels like the league wanted us to win one. Couple of fouls at the end. Let the 100 mill man play at the end. He’s got to fight through this slump. He’s trying to live up to the big contract. Too much ISO BALL. Coach sucks. We won in spite of him.
Interesting take. The fouls at the end all went to the Jazz. Fox was wishing for fouls but couldn't get one. The only foul called against the Jazz led the kings to get possession which they would have gotten anyway.

Walton was coaching his butt off at the end of the game-pulling Buddy, inserting Barnes, switching out Dedmon and Holmes.

It's about freakin' time. It feels great to get the W, especially against a team like the Jazz. The crowd's energy was electric. I hope this turns things around for the team

That said, it felt like we were lucky to win this one. So many unforced turnovers, horrible execution and clock management down the stretch, and no ball or player movement (what is up with this hero ball?). They're nowhere near where they need to be.
In his court side interview fox said something like I know fans complain about I so ball, but that was the game plan against gobert and the Jazz. It was fine, but wasn't working the last 5 minutes. Thank goodness fox dished on the last possession.

Didnt watch the game but saw the last 17 seconds. Good to see a win but can someone comment on whether we looked like we ran a coherant offense with purpose or if it was just more of the same iso hero ball?
There was some nice ball movement throughout the game, but the last 5 to 6 minutes were pretty cringeworthy with the one man drive into a wall and throw up prayer routine.

Interesting take. The fouls at the end all went to the Jazz. Fox was wishing for fouls but couldn't get one. The only foul called against the Jazz led the kings to get possession which they would have gotten anyway.
Yeah, I definitely don't see how anybody could realistically believe the officials were favoring the KINGS. Hell, the KINGS were in the penalty and Utah wasn't!

I can see an argument against the foul call against Gobert, that didn't affect anything anyway as the KINGS were gonna get the ball off the made shot anyway. They rarely call those kinds of things late. But it didn't take the make away from Mitchell and didn't result in FT's for the KINGS.

So much ado about nothing in retrospect.

Honestly, Gobert got away with enough already that he was bound to get called for something.

Walton was coaching his butt off at the end of the game-pulling Buddy, inserting Barnes, switching out Dedmon and Holmes.
Agreed that Walton doesn't deserve a lot of criticism this game. His willingness to remove Buddy late and insert HB ended up being a positive factor.

As I stated above, I didn't like the decision to forgo a 2-for-1 situation with 43.2 remaining, but IDK if that was his decision or Swipa's.

Status
Not open for further replies.