[Game] Kings vs. Grizzlies - 3/18/2024 - 7PM PST/10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how are the Grizzlies? Is this forecast to be a challenging game?
Memphis will be missing Ja Morant, Luke Kennard, Scotty Pippen, Jr., Brandon Clarke, and Lamar Stevens.

That means a loss is likely unless the Kings decide enough is enough. They are 15-18 away, better than one might expect.

I know we have been in a sick joke where we lose at home to terrible teams missing key players, but the last three games have given me the impression we are now focused on the stretch run. If our renewed defensive efforts are now the norm, we should crush this team. This game tonight will tell me if we are serious team or not (fool me once, shame on you...)

Give me Keon in the starting lineup to get us out to the strongest start possible, then we can play Heurter heavy minutes in the 4th to build confidence when we are up by 20-25+ :cool:

Give me Keon in the starting lineup to get us out to the strongest start possible, then we can play Heurter heavy minutes in the 4th to build confidence when we are up by 20-25+ :cool:
Huerter has had enough time to get out of his many long slumps. At this point in the season the kings have to prioritize winning over confidence building especially with the playoff race so tight. Don't see him getting many minutes especially in the 4th when the game can be close if he isn't playing well. Also Kings rarely blow out teams. It's one of the things i notice about this season. They lack the killer instinct to put teams away not knowing how to play with big leads evident by many big blown leads.

Huerter has had enough time to get out of his many long slumps. At this point in the season the kings have to prioritize winning over confidence building especially with the playoff race so tight. Don't see him getting many minutes especially in the 4th when the game can be close if he isn't playing well. Also Kings rarely blow out teams. It's one of the things i notice about this season. They lack the killer instinct to put teams away not knowing how to play with big leads evident by many big blown leads.
I'm still thinking this has more to do with them being a classic "shooting" team. Look at teams that rely on that over the last number of years and you have examples of teams like the Hawks, Mavs, Suns, etc. and these are teams that have waffled from NBA finals teams to fodder based on the 3 ball or shooting in general. The Kings get hot but the Kings get not, it's a game. This is what happens when you are meh to awful on defense depending on the matchup.

Bane feels like the guy who sometimes goes off against Sac.

And Holmgren may be a rising star, but I'd rather see him than Steven Adams in the middle for Memphis. Makes them a lot less physical than they were before.

I expect a win.

Brown has been doing that for some time now, arguably to the team's detriment. Sabonis and Fox are the only players he won't sit for long periods. Huerter and HB, especially, but even Murray and Monk - hasn't been unusual to see them fall way short of their more typical minutes at times depending on how they and/or their replacements are playing.

I'm still thinking this has more to do with them being a classic "shooting" team. Look at teams that rely on that over the last number of years and you have examples of teams like the Hawks, Mavs, Suns, etc. and these are teams that have waffled from NBA finals teams to fodder based on the 3 ball or shooting in general. The Kings get hot but the Kings get not, it's a game. This is what happens when you are meh to awful on defense depending on the matchup.

I’d argue the championship mostly comes down to having a generational talent. Not many examples of wins without one. The Celtic could buck that trend this season although Tatum may end up generational.

I think it will be Mark Jones night, aomehow the Kinga dont do so well with him this season. I dont know if anyone has a win/loss record with him, Kyle and national televised matches.

I think it will be Mark Jones night, aomehow the Kinga dont do so well with him this season. I dont know if anyone has a win/loss record with him, Kyle and national televised matches.
The Kings have also traditionally struggled on the third Monday of the month, especially when the moon is in a waning phase and the halftime entertainment isn't a magician. May as well not watch tonight.

I always love these posts that identify random, non-basketball related reasons to predict doom and gloom.

GG Jackson and JJJ two players we could have drafted.
JJJ was a big miss. I mean we could have drafted literally anyone at #2 and it would have been better, but JJJ is such a great compliment to Domas. Jury will be out on GG for awhile. All he has shown so far is that he is a chucker who can get hot on occasion.

We’ll just saw starting line up and inside I was actually hoping to see Keon out as a starter tonight. I really like his game all around and has really been great in defense making plays etc but I see it’s going the normal with Hueter. Nothing against Hueter but we need Keon out there…. That’s just my opinion of course

Ok lets get this Kings
Hear us roar
Sac strong

Status
Not open for further replies.