[Game] Kings v. Raptors 3/8/2019, 6PM PT 9PM ET

Which ex-King current Blazer would you most want back on the Kings?

• Trevor Ariza

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Caleb Swanigan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hassan Whiteside

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Wenyen Gabriel

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Gary Trent Jr.

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That was a heckuva game. Great fight by the Kings.

My only beef really was in the 3rd quarter in which the Kings were over-helping on Ibaka and they repeatedly allowed the short corner 3, which the Raptors repeatedly buried. I think that was a teachable moment in this game. Do not over-help on the inside on a guy like Ibaka when you allow open short corner 3s.

I'm not that disappointed. Honestly, as good as Toronto is defensively, and the fact that the Kings are coming off of a back to back, I thought Toronto was going to blow us out of the water bad!!! I was shocked to turn on the game late and find that the Kings were still in it.... While I wouldn't consider it a moral victory, as I don't believe in those, the fact that we were able to get so close to beating the world champs, even though our team is obviously tired, shows that we have come a long way...

Good game by the Kings. Lowry/Powell shooting 55% combined from 3 and Kings shooting 27% was the difference. I think Holmes is returning to the starting lineup. Harry held up the fort and played well, but I think Holmes makes the starting unit more balanced.

I'm not that disappointed. Honestly, as good as Toronto is defensively, and the fact that the Kings are coming off of a back to back, I thought Toronto was going to blow us out of the water bad!!! I was shocked to turn on the game late and find that the Kings were still in it.... While I wouldn't consider it a moral victory, as I don't believe in those, the fact that we were able to get so close to beating the world champs, even though our team is obviously tired, shows that we have come a long way...
The Kings had a VERY respectable showing against the NBA champs in front of a national audience. In terms of the playoff race, a win was needed but our squad did Sacramento proud tonight.

Last edited:
I like Holmes, but I didn't understand why no Len when we couldn't get stops in the last 4-5mins. He was so good defensively tonight.
Pick and roll. Len has certain abilities but in pick and roll he mostly zones off and Lowry was eating on that. Then when he played up he was a total target on foul calls. This is why the Kings have to at some point just bite the bullet and use switching while small as the go to defensively.

If the Kings are serious about a playoff spot start Len or Holmes and move Harry to back up PF while Len/Holmes play 24-24/30/18 each. We need their size athletic ability/defense more than Harry's passing right now. The Kings look like a playoff team when Len/Holmes are playing well protecting the paint.

Fox and Len really carried the Kings tonight.

I don’t like to complain much, but with 11:47 remaining in the game Lowry picked up his 5th foul. We went at him 1 time the rest of the game. From that point on he scored 13, had a rebound and a steal. They were hiding him opposite the ball handlers and we did almost nothing about it. Too bad.

The Kings lost to last year's world champs. Lowery, Ibaka, and Siakam have some serious talent. The Kings came out flat with a hangover from last night's win. They did not match the Raptors intensity and really lost the game in the first quarter. The Kings played catch up all night. Fox played great. Some of the shooting was not there like last night. The Kings' defense kept them in the game. In crunch time Lowery and Siakam took over the game.

btw, Raptors leading at half in Utah. that is one good team. I actually have a small bet on them to win it all. they were playing well early on (before that long winning streak) and the odds were still really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.