[Game] Kings v. Knicks - 12/9/16 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
"Decimated by injuries" is just an open invite to play down to their backups and be down by 20 by half only to lose by 5 in a failed comeback attempt.
And there you identify the challenge. The Kings need to go in and play solid ball and not take anything for granted. Much like we did in Dallas

Knicks are a bad team. They're basically an East team led by "over the prime" Melo, declining D-Rose, and talented, but inconsistent Porzingis. We just lost to this team without D-Rose playing...

How does that even happen? If the Kings are serious about winning, they can't be losing games like these. Excuses all the way.

At the end of the day, only your W/L column counts.
Uhh we are a worse team that screams mediocrity. We're good enough to compete but we will lose 70-80 percent of close ball games.

Missed wide open 15 footer by Rudy he makes 7 out of 10 times and missed lay-up Boogie makes 9 out of 10 times and 2 FTs by Noah misses 3 out of 4 times was difference....this is a tough one for a team desperate in need of momentum and confidence.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Depends on if you are rooting for the Kings to keep their draft pick or not.

Finishing just outside the 8th spot and losing that pick is the worst case scenario to me.
My mind is foggy, how do we owe the Bulls a pick?

I'm sure it was a trade that was excellently thought out and helped us immensely.

My mind is foggy, how do we owe the Bulls a pick?

I'm sure it was a trade that was excellently thought out and helped us immensely.
The Kings traded Omri Casspi and the pick with protections to the Cavs for the services of J.J. Hickson. yes. J.J.Hickson.
That pick was eventually traded to the Bulls.

If the pick this year is not outside the top ten, it then becomes a second round pick whenever it finally is conveyed to the Bulls. If it is top ten this year we keep whichever pick is the lesser between us and the 76ers.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Kings traded Omri Casspi and the pick with protections to the Cavs for the services of J.J. Hickson. yes. J.J.Hickson.
That pick was eventually traded to the Bulls.
... And JJ Hickson immediately found Ramon Sessions stash. (Which he obviously stored in Arco before signing here)

I was actually happy with that trade at one point. Shows I'm as equally qualified to run the Kings as our professionals and experts.

If OKC wants Rudy thats fine by me. I think Payne would be a nice piece, I just dont see anyone else on that team that I think they would include that I would want.

Are the "Cousins is out of shape" people for serious or some in-joke I haven't paid attention to?
I wouldn't say he is "out of shape" but he has been leaner in the past. Take a look at this highlight video from 9-5 Malone era. He looked leaner than he does right now and was quicker and more explosive under the basket. I still say that stretch pre viral-meningitis was the best basketball Cousins has played for the franchise. He was a force on both ends.

Not sure what was worse. The constant ownage on the boards by the Knicks or the Kings lacking the ability to penetrate over and over. Cousins is the big man right? Why did he go 0-6 from 3. If you watched the game, it was the whole team trying to shoot 3s and they kept failing. It was really tough to watch. Or maybe it was the lazy endings to quarters that made this game suck.

And porzingis was owning the Kings. This was a guy in the same draft as WCS. Nothing against WCS but why can't we make a good draft pick? Even Justise Winslow would have been a better pick. Anything.

Rudy just isn't any good either and I wish he could turn things around, seems like a nice guy, but it will never happen.

K

KingMilz

He's a giant of a man who has to carry the weight of the world on his back.

Of course he slows down.... Just makes you think how much more efficient he'd be if he ever had a competent team around him. :(
So is Marc Gasol and his D-League squad is 5-0 (Conley/Z-Bo/VC/Wright/Carter/Ennis/Parsons all injured) and 16-8 and he's been as clutch as anyone in that 5-0 run.

So is Marc Gasol and his D-League squad is 5-0 (Conley/Z-Bo/VC/Wright/Carter/Ennis/Parsons all injured) and 16-8 and he's been as clutch as anyone in that 5-0 run.
Kind of a misleading 5-0. 4 of those games at home and their opponents are Portland, philly, lakers, Orlando and New Orleans.

Total margin of victory against that at-home weak competition: 13 points

K

KingMilz

Kind of a misleading 5-0. 4 of those games at home and their opponents are Portland, philly, lakers, Orlando and New Orleans.

Total margin of victory against that at-home weak competition: 13 points
3 of those teams we lost to with a fully healthy squad (by very small margins) nothing misleading about it shame on the Grizzlies being undermanned and getting carried to wins by a center anything to discredit another big man playing well.

Based on talent the Grizz should not have won a single one