Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

I like the idea of adding Bruce Brown.... but there's a huge red flag here... i.e., Barnes as a starter? This team didn't make the playoffs with this starting 5. Granted, the end of the season was derailed with the injuries to Huerter and Monk... but how are the Kings going to be better than a first round exit next season with the same starting 5, and especially with Barnes as a starter again?

An upgrade on Barnes is the Kings' biggest need, IMHO, and it should have been done last summer TBH.
We’re not in disagreement that an upgrade to Barnes needs to happen. I think the difference in opinion stems from that upgrade needing to happen this offseason.

We’re not in disagreement that an upgrade to Barnes needs to happen. I think the difference in opinion stems from that upgrade needing to happen this offseason.
Something probably has to happen this offseason. Monte has basically a 1 year window to either dump salary for a FA run in 2025 or settle in for the long haul. If another season of the same usage from either Barnes or Huerter happens again what value they have left is going to be gone. All it took was one half of a season for teams to apparently do "intel" on why Huerter was getting pushed out of the rotation. Not good. Get out, NOW. It was the same thing with Holmes and Monte waited and paid for it. My guess is he learned his lesson.

Something probably has to happen this offseason. Monte has basically a 1 year window to either dump salary for a FA run in 2025 or settle in for the long haul. If another season of the same usage from either Barnes or Huerter happens again what value they have left is going to be gone. All it took was one half of a season for teams to apparently do "intel" on why Huerter was getting pushed out of the rotation. Not good. Get out, NOW. It was the same thing with Holmes and Monte waited and paid for it. My guess is he learned his lesson.
I don’t think those are the only options. With our 1st eventually conveying to ATL (and us having #13 this year) we can look at making a trade down the road to improve the roster. By no means do I think we NEED to make a move this offseason (despite how much Matt George likes to tell us Monte NEEDS to make a move this offseason). I’m fine being patient, but I completely understand some fans wanting to see immediate progression/gratification.

I don’t think those are the only options. With our 1st eventually conveying to ATL (and us having #13 this year) we can look at making a trade down the road to improve the roster. By no means do I think we NEED to make a move this offseason (despite how much Matt George likes to tell us Monte NEEDS to make a move this offseason). I’m fine being patient, but I completely understand some fans wanting to see immediate progression/gratification.
Maybe, but he needs to start creating some sort of potential down the line for something now because remember Monte isn't starting with a bunch of guys on rookie deals, he's got two max guys, 1 gearing up to potentially sign some type of supermax, and potentially a rookie max with Keegan on the way. History, including the Kings very own, shows how difficult it is and what you might have to resort to when options disappear. Waiting for an all at once thing can get you in trouble. Like you know, with Holmes. You might have to give assets to make those things happen if you don't prep for a multifaceted approach or go "all in". Typically if you aren't a contender you want all 3 paths to some degree, trades, cap flexibility, and draft assets. Monte sits right in the middle of heading towards all in (whether that's adding a 3rd star or staying as is), or keeping an escape plan alive. And his time is ticking because if his players values continue to slide, he might have to wait for them to fall off his cap. Then he's looking at 2026 and he'll have to get REALLY creative.

At the very least I think Huerter and Barnes have to have their final years shaved off in a deal even if the talent coming back isn't a pure upgrade. If that happens, Monte has a world of options.

Word was Monte made Huerter, Barnes, and Mitchell available at the trade deadline. He knows whats up.
My concern is he will already have to sweeten the deal similar to the Holmes's situation to move on from the first two. Mitchell has trade value especially after his late season play.

Maybe, but he needs to start creating some sort of potential down the line for something now because remember Monte isn't starting with a bunch of guys on rookie deals, he's got two max guys, 1 gearing up to potentially sign some type of supermax, and potentially a rookie max with Keegan on the way. History, including the Kings very own, shows how difficult it is and what you might have to resort to when options disappear. Waiting for an all at once thing can get you in trouble. Like you know, with Holmes. You might have to give assets to make those things happen if you don't prep for a multifaceted approach or go "all in". Typically if you aren't a contender you want all 3 paths to some degree, trades, cap flexibility, and draft assets. Monte sits right in the middle of heading towards all in (whether that's adding a 3rd star or staying as is), or keeping an escape plan alive. And his time is ticking because if his players values continue to slide, he might have to wait for them to fall off his cap. Then he's looking at 2026 and he'll have to get REALLY creative.

At the very least I think Huerter and Barnes have to have their final years shaved off in a deal even if the talent coming back isn't a pure upgrade. If that happens, Monte has a world of options.
If Monte doesn’t make a significant move this offseason, at the very least, Barnes & Huerter can be used as expiring salary ($37 mil in salary and that can climb to $44 mil if you add Sasha) to trade for a big piece. Then you have the ability to add Murray, Ellis, Jones, #13, 2026 SAC 1st, 2028 SAC 1st, 2030 SAC 1st, and/or 2032 SAC 1st to that salary to make a big swing.

Monte will ultimately be judged by the big move he makes (or doesn’t make), but again, I don’t believe he needs to make that big move this offseason. It’s more important that he gets that big move right rather than forcing a big move this offseason.

Word was Monte made Huerter, Barnes, and Mitchell available at the trade deadline. He knows whats up.
My concern is he will already have to sweeten the deal similar to the Holmes's situation to move on from the first two. Mitchell has trade value especially after his late season play.
I don't think he will to that degree, but this is where and why names like LaVine do and should come up in relation to a Kings trade. OG and Siakam types? Probably going to continue to not happen.

If Monte doesn’t make a significant move this offseason, at the very least, Barnes & Huerter can be used as expiring salary ($37 mil in salary and that can climb to $44 mil if you add Sasha) to trade for a big piece. Then you have the ability to add Murray, Ellis, Jones, #13, 2026 SAC 1st, 2028 SAC 1st, 2030 SAC 1st, and/or 2032 SAC 1st to that salary to make a big swing.

Monte will ultimately be judged by the big move he makes (or doesn’t make), but again, I don’t believe he needs to make that big move this offseason. It’s more important that he gets that big move right rather than forcing a big move this offseason.
What big piece though? The ones you'd get for that package of expirings can likely be had now, and his name is Zach LaVine, lol. The expiring money might be more valuable to Monte than another team at this point, although it's one year too late perhaps. Now, if Monte's planning on moving Murray at any point and his untouchability isn't that great then that's a whole other thing. Either way, to me, whether Huerter or Barnes are in the trade vs. having space to make the same trade it's the all the same end. Actually, even then the space probably has more value. If they hang onto both Huerter and Barnes, Brown has to start focusing more on them which might mean guys like Murray and Ellis have to take a step back. Expirings by themselves seem to have less value nowadays and teams tend to look for value with it unless they are dumping a complete albatross of a contract. It is what it is. If Monte wants a big fish and not to sacrifice Murray or a pick load in the process, FA is honestly his best shot and maybe even his only shot. Also, that 13th pick would be like any other pick, if the player looks like a star, you won't want to trade him, if he doesn't, no team will really want them. They can be throw ins but once a pick is actually made it gets dicey. Look at Mitchell. 9th pick on draft day vs now, what's the comparitive haul? haha.

The thing to me is that Monte has to start in some direction. Not necessarily a big move, but at least a step in that direction with as many options as possibilities. Planning for potential cap flexibility and cutting loose what appear to be ancillary rotation pieces, ESPECIALLY if Monk is re-signed, would be wise. If Monte runs it back again, and it's another season like the last then that means for sure pieces like Huerter and Barnes lost even more value. Factor them in again, or cut bait, it's that simple.

I was listening to a recent Deuce and Mo podcast with Bobby Gerald . Gerald brought up thinking Obi Toppin who is a RFA an interesting target. I was never all that impressed but he has been buried behind Randle in NY and now Siakam. Not the greatest rebounder but playing next to Sabonis maybe not as crucial.

I’m keen to see Monk back and doubt there’s anyway to have both, still if Monk does decide to bolt perhaps this is a good way to get an established PF and then pick bpa in the draft. It would make taking a guard a little more plausible.

What big piece though? The ones you'd get for that package of expirings can likely be had now, and his name is Zach LaVine, lol. The expiring money might be more valuable to Monte than another team at this point, although it's one year too late perhaps. Now, if Monte's planning on moving Murray at any point and his untouchability isn't that great then that's a whole other thing. Either way, to me, whether Huerter or Barnes are in the trade vs. having space to make the same trade it's the all the same end. Actually, even then the space probably has more value. If they hang onto both Huerter and Barnes, Brown has to start focusing more on them which might mean guys like Murray and Ellis have to take a step back. Expirings by themselves seem to have less value nowadays and teams tend to look for value with it unless they are dumping a complete albatross of a contract. It is what it is. If Monte wants a big fish and not to sacrifice Murray or a pick load in the process, FA is honestly his best shot and maybe even his only shot. Also, that 13th pick would be like any other pick, if the player looks like a star, you won't want to trade him, if he doesn't, no team will really want them. They can be throw ins but once a pick is actually made it gets dicey. Look at Mitchell. 9th pick on draft day vs now, what's the comparitive haul? haha.

The thing to me is that Monte has to start in some direction. Not necessarily a big move, but at least a step in that direction with as many options as possibilities. Planning for potential cap flexibility and cutting loose what appear to be ancillary rotation pieces, ESPECIALLY if Monk is re-signed, would be wise. If Monte runs it back again, and it's another season like the last then that means for sure pieces like Huerter and Barnes lost even more value. Factor them in again, or cut bait, it's that simple.
As with all trades, it takes two to tango. Trying to force the issue is where you surrender value and when I look at the Kings situation, they don’t desperately need to make a move this offseason.

I can see a path where a Fox-Ellis-Murray-???-Sabonis starting lineup with Monk as the 6th man is a top team in the West. A lot of that depends on 1) which piece we add to this team to be ??? and 2) how Murray develops. And in a lot of ways, who we get with #1 depends on #2. However, we won’t have insight into how Murray develops this offseason. For instance, if Murray tops out as just a good 3&D player but we jumped the gun this offseason and added an Aaron Gordon type player at PF. I don’t think that team has what it takes to be a top team in the west. In that instance, we’d need to add another go-to option at PF or potentially use Murray as an asset to find that player at SF.

LaVine obviously doesn’t fit into my long term vision of the team. We have a star at PG and it’s very important to have a great defender at SG next to him (Ellis) allowing Fox to reserve some of his energy for the offensive end. And If we can resign Monk (which I’m optimistic we will), he already gives us a good go-to scoring with playmaking from the SG spot. Then you factor in the age difference between Ellis/Monk and LaVine and the fact that it would be an unwise way to allocate our cap (LaVine making $43-49 mil vs. Ellis/Monk making $20+ mil) and the decision becomes even clearer.

I‘m of course fine with us making a trade but there are still unanswered questions about this core (e.g., Murray). Maintaining assets and flexibility would be the prudent thing to do while we observe Murray‘s growth in year 3.

How about Miles Bridges?

Please set aside any negative feelings toward him for off-court incidents. I'm asking only from a basketball perspective... in your opinions, would he fit on this roster and be an upgrade on Barnes? Coming from a losing situation to a better situation, can he provide the same sort of impact that PJ Washington has had in Dallas?

- Fox/Monk, Huerter/Ellis, Murray/Barnes, Bridges/Lyles, Sabonis/Len.

Last edited:
Toppin would be a cool 6th/7th man playing next to Lyles in small ball lineups. But he's not a difference maker and he doesn't bring length/defense - which is what Sacramento needs more of. If he comes cheap sure but after this playoffs, I doubt he'd come cheap.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about Miles Bridges?

Please set aside any negative feelings toward him for off-court incidents. I'm asking only from a basketball perspective... in your opinions, would he fit on this roster and be an upgrade on Barnes? Coming from a losing situation to a better situation, can he provide the same sort of impact that PJ Washington has had in Dallas?

- Fox/Monk, Huerter/Ellis, Murray/Barnes, Bridges/Lyles, Sabonis/Len.

This is difficult even as a thought exercise because I don't want to have to think about rooting for Miles Bridges, but just from a basketball standpoint, yes, he'd be an upgrade from Barnes, but no, he wouldn't have a similar impact as PJ Washington with the Mavs.

Bridges is a slightly worse 3 point shooter than HB, but he takes more 3's on a per minute/per possession basis, so he'd have a similar impact on floor spacing. But Bridges is a signifcantly better rebounder and better at attacking and finishing inside. He also adds a bit more playmaking.

However, he's not any better defensively. Which is why he's not likely to do what Washington has done for Dallas. PJ has a 7'3" wingspan and has always had the ability to be a very good and versatile defender, he just hasn't given consistent effort on that end of the floor the last couple seasons. Bridges has a 6'9" wingspan and a similarly short standing reach and has never shown good effort or aptitude on that end.

Given the mild upgrade he represents and the huge baggage he comes with, I wouldn't go down that road.

As with all trades, it takes two to tango. Trying to force the issue is where you surrender value and when I look at the Kings situation, they don’t desperately need to make a move this offseason.

I can see a path where a Fox-Ellis-Murray-???-Sabonis starting lineup with Monk as the 6th man is a top team in the West. A lot of that depends on 1) which piece we add to this team to be ??? and 2) how Murray develops. And in a lot of ways, who we get with #1 depends on #2. However, we won’t have insight into how Murray develops this offseason. For instance, if Murray tops out as just a good 3&D player but we jumped the gun this offseason and added an Aaron Gordon type player at PF. I don’t think that team has what it takes to be a top team in the west. In that instance, we’d need to add another go-to option at PF or potentially use Murray as an asset to find that player at SF.

LaVine obviously doesn’t fit into my long term vision of the team. We have a star at PG and it’s very important to have a great defender at SG next to him (Ellis) allowing Fox to reserve some of his energy for the offensive end. And If we can resign Monk (which I’m optimistic we will), he already gives us a good go-to scoring with playmaking from the SG spot. Then you factor in the age difference between Ellis/Monk and LaVine and the fact that it would be an unwise way to allocate our cap (LaVine making $43-49 mil vs. Ellis/Monk making $20+ mil) and the decision becomes even clearer.

I‘m of course fine with us making a trade but there are still unanswered questions about this core (e.g., Murray). Maintaining assets and flexibility would be the prudent thing to do while we observe Murray‘s growth in year 3.
Exactly why I think trying to toe the line of trade/cap flexibility is the way unless Monte can land a big piece now. The issue is the path to land a player like that, again, why I think cap space as an option needs to looked at. You realistically want to have the chance to put yourself into tiers. Where you can go after a star, then work your way down to just pure additional talent potentially with less going out. A star probably takes Murray, adding to Murray probably has the best shot being in FA, then a Grant/Kuzma type would likely take draft capital. Then there's the bargain types like LaVine. I mean, maybe, it sounded like the Bulls were actually looking for value which might end up right if he returns to All star form. As for Murray the hope should be he can be the 3rd star, and it seems like Monte is already kind of banking on that. Adding a nice talent to him will do no harm since again he either will be or not, and it's very unlikely without cap space or Huerter/Barnes increasing in value the Kings can land that at this point. I would be on the horn to NY and be asking about Randle without hesitation. He would be my target and at this point, and as a FA in 2025.

Last edited:
This is difficult even as a thought exercise because I don't want to have to think about rooting for Miles Bridges, but just from a basketball standpoint, yes, he'd be an upgrade from Barnes, but no, he wouldn't have a similar impact as PJ Washington with the Mavs.

Bridges is a slightly worse 3 point shooter than HB, but he takes more 3's on a per minute/per possession basis, so he'd have a similar impact on floor spacing. But Bridges is a signifcantly better rebounder and better at attacking and finishing inside. He also adds a bit more playmaking.

However, he's not any better defensively. Which is why he's not likely to do what Washington has done for Dallas. PJ has a 7'3" wingspan and has always had the ability to be a very good and versatile defender, he just hasn't given consistent effort on that end of the floor the last couple seasons. Bridges has a 6'9" wingspan and a similarly short standing reach and has never shown good effort or aptitude on that end.

Given the mild upgrade he represents and the huge baggage he comes with, I wouldn't go down that road.
Yeah, the difference is Bridges will pretty much be a threat to put up numbers every night and put the ball in the basket without help. It's the all over inconsistency the Kings struggled with last season. Monk was an every other month efficiency type, Barnes was an afterthought until they showcased him at the deadline and for a blip later with Keegan hurting and struggling, and Huerter eventually started to pay the price for the Kings lack of defense as others started to rise around him. The Kings could easily use that. The baggage and everything else is an issue obviously.

I see Bridges on a team like the Lakers. A team that really has no other options and it will probably pay off big time on the floor.

Exactly why I think trying to toe the line of trade/cap flexibility is the way unless Monte can land a big piece now. The issue is the path to land a player like that, again, why I think cap space as an option needs to looked at. You realistically want to have the chance to put yourself into tiers. Where you can go after a star, then work your way down to just pure additional talent potentially with less going out. A star probably takes Murray, adding to Murray probably has the best shot being in FA, then a Grant/Kuzma type would likely take draft capital. Then there's the bargain types like LaVine. I mean, maybe, it sounded like the Bulls were actually looking for value which might end up right if he returns to All star form. As for Murray the hope should be he can be the 3rd star, and it seems like Monte is already kind of banking on that. Adding a nice talent to him will do no harm since again he either will be or not, and it's very unlikely without cap space or Huerter/Barnes increasing in value the Kings can land that at this point. I would be on the horn to NY and be asking about Randle without hesitation. He would be my target and at this point, and as a FA in 2025.
I don’t feel like we disagree very much but what makes you think Monte is already kind of banking on Murray being the 3rd star?

I don’t feel like we disagree very much but what makes you think Monte is already kind of banking on Murray being the 3rd star?
Largely from what he's basically all but said here and there, how off limits he's been in trade talks, and the fact that Monte really didn't even look at anyone else in the draft. When you basically work out one guy in your range and then take them to dinner? Yeah, that's pretty much tells the story about your belief in them, haha.

Here's the thing though, I do think Monte is obviously trying to add another star level player. He went for Beal, OG, and Siakam according to reports. I personally do not think Murray is a Tatum level player and at 24 it would buck almost every historical trend for him to develop certain aspects of his game to that degree, however, him being a 20 per game guy is very realistic. Adding another player of that level next to Domas, Fox, and Keegan might do the trick, might not, BUT, if Keegan does turn out to be more, congrats you just became a contender most likely. Picking Fox was a gamble on time and money as it was, keep going Monte. That's the path you chose and so far it's worked to some degree.

In the end, what is the alternative? Just sit and wait out your own roster, cap, and trade options? Monte has come up empty 3 times now. Teams have gotten better. 46 wins might not cut it to even make the playoffs anymore let alone be a top 5 seed. Monte has been doing everything to get better and now in my opinion he just has to think movement into some direction to improve his potential land a target. Once options start falling off I don't think it's acceptable to just wait considering where he Kings currently sit. They aren't overly young, are starting to stack max deals on the cap sheet, and have had players lose trade value over the span of a single season. Time to consolidate that depth into either space, or a player or two.

IMO, where there is smoke, there is fire. Monte has been linked to Kuzma since the failed Buddy trade a few years ago. The Wizards seems ready to move on from him and the Kings have some assets/players that make sense for the Wizards.

I could see a draft day trade of Kuzma and a 2nd round pick for some combination of the #13 pick and either Huerter (most likely) or Barnes, and Mitchell (Tyus Jones insurance) This would give the Kings the extra firepower to challenge the Mavs and Nuggets in the playoffs, provided we re-sign Monk.

Last edited:
After an year of huge dislike of this transfer i start to feel really curious about it :D
i am so blind , that i am the only one who can't see Kuzma helping the team :D
Honestly i want to uderstand the answer already ...

I read a trade suggestion elsewhere that kind of got me excited.

Davion + Barnes for Jaden McDaniels. Who says no?

That Minnesota squad is about to get real expensive, so that's the rationale behind this suggestion. The Kings may need to add a pick.

- Fox/Monk, Huerter/Ellis, McDaniels/Edwards, Murray/Lyles, Sabonis/new Center/Len

After an year of huge dislike of this transfer i start to feel really curious about it :D
Kuzma has a contract that works well with the current structure of the Kings. Kuzma would definitely help against a team like New Orleans. If he bought into the Kings and was available for something like Davion and a couple 2nds (or a future first) - it would likely make the team better.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

That Minnesota squad is about to get real expensive, so that's the rationale behind this suggestion. The Kings may need to add a pick.

- Fox/Monk, Huerter/Ellis, McDaniels/Edwards, Murray/Lyles, Sabonis/new Center/Len
Not sure how that saves Minnesota any money unless they just let Davion expire. I can't imagine they would ever consider it. Feels like a "Fox for Westbrook" proposal. I can't imagine a Wolves fan suggested this?

Kuzma is what he is. Mostly production numbers. He's a good athlete though so he'd provide that. For the Kings needs in iso scoring I'd go Grant all day if it were a choice, even at the contract price. Kuzma's only year of actual positive impact came as a 6th man. Talk about a gamble night to night if Monk and Kuz are on your team though. You'll either have a 40 point loss or 50 point wins, lol.

That trade isn’t close valuewise. We’d have to add a lot on our side and that’s assuming they even want move McDaniels (which I doubt). I think the much more prudent thing for them to do would be to move Towns considering they have both Gobert and Reid to pickup the slack.

Kevin Huerter
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte

For

John Collins
Taylor Hendricks

Utah clears Collins contract and opens minutes up for a Markkanen/Kessler frontcourt. They also cash in on a lackluster season for Hendricks and take another swing in the lottery this year. They also take on Huerter and have a chance at reviving his value and moving him for another asset down the road (or keeping him since he’s still relatively young).

PG - Sexton / Clarkson
SG - George / Duarte
SF - Huerter / Sensabaugh / Bazley
PF - Markkanen / Vezenkov / Lofton
C - Kessler / Yurtseven
Picks - #10 / #13 / #29 / #32

As for the Kings, with Fox, Ellis, Mitchell, and hopefully Monk at guard, we can easily backfill Huerter’s minutes. Vezenkov and Duarte have largely been out of the core rotation as well. In exchange, we get a bigger, more athletic PF in Collins to help us against teams that have size. Collins is neither the elite defender or shooter we’d want at PF, but he’s decent at both and could be a pretty good fit next to Sabonis (especially since he gives him a lob option as well). I’m not 100% sure if I‘d start Collins or Barnes but both should be able to get ample minutes regardless. The real prize would be Hendricks as he projects as an ideal fit next to Sabonis with his size, length, athleticism, shooting, rim protection, and defensive potential. He may not be good enough yet to get major minutes but I like the idea of him learning defense under Brown for a year.

PG - Fox / Mitchell
SG - Ellis / Monk* / Jones
SF - Murray / Edwards*
PF - Collins / Lyles / Hendricks
C - Sabonis / Len*
Picks - #45
* = resigned

The minutes rotation would be pretty solid as well…

PG - Fox (34) / Mitchell (14)
SG - Ellis (20) / Monk (28)
SF - Murray (32) / Barnes (10) / Ellis (6)
PF - Collins (20) / Barnes (16) / Lyles (12)
C - Sabonis (34) / Len (8) / Collins (6)

…or if we’re playing a team with a smaller C, you can reallocate those minutes to Lyles or Hendricks. I could also see Hendricks playing himself into the rotation and taking Lyles‘ spot or he could take Lyles’ spot the following season (since Lyles contract expires next offseason).

Generally speaking, I like the idea of landing Taylor Hendricks with our 13th pick as I not only think he would be in play for BPA but is also an excellent fit on our team.

Reason #1 not to trade for LaVine. Don't block this guys playing time.

Watching this through Keon's ability to stay in front is just absolute perfection. He's always taking away the space just in front of the offensive player, but doesn't let him get into his body and draw contact for a foul. And his anticipation for contesting shots is just as good too. When he does get beat, he's got the length and athleticism to get a big contest or a block from behind. He's just always in position to get a good contest on the shot off.

Dude is special.

Last edited:

Watching this through Keon's ability to stay in front is just absolute perfection. He's always taking away the space just in front of the offensive player, but doesn't let him get into his body and draw contact for a foul. And his anticipation for contesting shots is just as good too. When he does get beat, he's got the length and athleticism to get a big contest or a block from behind. He's just always in position to get a good contest on the shot off.

Dude is special.
I think Keon could develop into a top 5 defensive guard in the league and could lead guards in blocks. He had multiple games with blocks on big named guards including 3 blocks on Curry in the play-in. Love this kids play. He shot 41% on on three 3s per game. I think his offense will developed further as he gets consistent minutes. Averaged 8.8 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 21 games as a starter. 10.5pts in last month. Im comfortable trading Huerter to give this kid the starting job.

BUT that is predicated also Monk resigning and getting an upgrade for the 3/4 spot. The prime targets HAVE to be Mikal Bridges or Jeremi Grant. You have no other forwards that are dogs on D AND can get you 20 per night in the flow of the offense. Grant and bridges are both relatively unselfish players who can play very well off Sabonis and Fox and would thrive. Neither likely to stunt Murray's development either, rather both may be great for him to model his game on and could teach him how to take the next step up (Grant, i feel, had a similar, maybe even less impressive start to his career).

If that means trading Huerter, Barnes filler and 2 FRP then go do it.

Nets Give: Bridges and any of Clowney/Whitehead/Sharpe

Kings Give: Barnes, Huerter, 13th pick, 2028 FRP, 2025 2nd via portland and 2027 2nd.

Portland gives: Grant
Kings Give: huerter, barnes, 13th and a 2028frp

Dude is special.
Include Keon's offensive ability in his worth. He can shoot extraordinarily well in practice according to Fox. Apparently, he needs more in-game floor time to develop the confidence and self-awareness of his abilities to make a significant contribution when on offense.

This past season he displayed glimpses of this feature of his talent but it was not a consistent contribution game-to-game. Also, he tended to defer to others when a shot or two was missed, much as Keegan does.

Perhaps, when the "spray 3's" are not working for the core players this next season, Keon can provide scoring support until their shooting touch returns. That development would be ideal and fill a needed deficiency.

Include Keon's offensive ability in his worth. He can shoot extraordinarily well in practice according to Fox. Apparently, he needs more in-game floor time to develop the confidence and self-awareness of his abilities to make a significant contribution when on offense.

This past season he displayed glimpses of this feature of his talent but it was not a consistent contribution game-to-game. Also, he tended to defer to others when a shot or two was missed, much as Keegan does.

Perhaps, when the "spray 3's" are not working for the core players this next season, Keon can provide scoring support until their shooting touch returns. That development would be ideal and fill a needed deficiency.
Agreed. Initially I thought he might be a "Danny Green" sort of 3 and D atud, bur hea given us real flashes of ball handling and passing that Green never had.

I think step one for him is just be a lights out spacer. Let the secondary playmaking and ball handling develop over time. That will keep him on the floor, in which we're also getting some of the best perimeter defense in the game