Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

I don't really care "what goes over well". I care about winning. If Monk isn't here next season of his own volition after internal discussions then what difference does it make? Remember when Bonzi turned down 30+ million and went his own way and was out of the league soon after? Either a player wants to get paid and play here or wants to get paid. The team could very well be in a position where they don't trade him, have another first round exit, then he doesn't sign here and the team is left trying to sign non-existent free agents they can afford instead of improving the team through trades.

Oh no no no no... So you pee off the entire team and then tell them to go out and win, as if they would be perfectly fine? Those two statements made next to one another do not match at all. You cannot pee off an entire team then tell them to forget about their emotions and go out and win.

Ever wonder why teams that look unbeatable on paper usually finish with a sub .500 record? You cannot just throw good players together and expect chemistry. Same reason you cannot pee off your entire team then think they will want to go out and win every night for the people that pissed them off. Makes no sense.

Oh no no no no... So you pee off the entire team and then tell them to go out and win, as if they would be perfectly fine? Those two statements made next to one another do not match at all. You cannot pee off an entire team then tell them to forget about their emotions and go out and win.

Ever wonder why teams that look unbeatable on paper usually finish with a sub .500 record? You cannot just throw good players together and expect chemistry. Same reason you cannot pee off your entire team then think they will want to go out and win every night for the people that pissed them off. Makes no sense.
Tell me would the team be equally upset if he signs elsewhere either to a contender or getting his bag, or would they all say they want the best for him and are professionals? Sometimes I wonder about this fanbase. These players are professionals and understand the business.

Monk ain’t signing here if he’s traded has that ever even happened

This proposed trade had us sending Mitchell, Daurte, and 2027 first for DFS. I think that’s a really good deal for Brooklyn and us while not touching our top six. We can close with a lineup of Fox, Keegan, DFS, Barnes, and Sabonis
That actually is an interesting lineup if they keep pushing Barnes offensively.

I mean, not only is the guy’s contract prohibitively expensive but he’s always injured. It’s like the Brad Beal situation
And the biggest thing right now is the other supposed teams looking to improve like the Lakers and Warriors can't afford to take on a contract like that. For the time being the Kings can.

Tell me would the team be equally upset if he signs elsewhere either to a contender or getting his bag, or would they all say they want the best for him and are professionals? Sometimes I wonder about this fanbase. These players are professionals and understand the business.
There is a big difference between the the player making that decision as opposed to the team. Also, it is much easier to adjust as a team during the off-season.

This proposed trade had us sending Mitchell, Daurte, and 2027 first for DFS. I think that’s a really good deal for Brooklyn and us while not touching our top six. We can close with a lineup of Fox, Keegan, DFS, Barnes, and Sabonis
Bingo- if you get DFS, you can do it without trading Barnes or Huerter. You make up the value with some draft capital, Davion and Duarte.

But you’d have a top 8 of Sabonis, Keegan, Barnes, Huerter, Fox, DFS, Monk, and Lyles, while also having Keon, Len, Javale, Sasha, Kessler, and Colby as situational reserves.

You probably keep your same starting lineup, Monk plays some backup PG if you don’t want Keon, you can play big or small 5 off the bench by using Lyles as a 5 or 4, and you’d close with Sabonis, Keegan, Fox, with some combo of DFS, Barnes, or monk depending on need.
I like that team a lot, and am especially intrigued by Keegan playing some 2 alongside DFS and Barnes.

Bingo- if you get DFS, you can do it without trading Barnes or Huerter. You make up the value with some draft capital, Davion and Duarte.

But you’d have a top 8 of Sabonis, Keegan, Barnes, Huerter, Fox, DFS, Monk, and Lyles, while also having Keon, Len, Javale, Sasha, Kessler, and Colby as situational reserves.

You probably keep your same starting lineup, Monk plays some backup PG if you don’t want Keon, you can play big or small 5 off the bench by using Lyles as a 5 or 4, and you’d close with Sabonis, Keegan, Fox, with some combo of DFS, Barnes, or monk depending on need.
I like that team a lot, and am especially intrigued by Keegan playing some 2 alongside DFS and Barnes.
I like this, but unless you brought Sasha over to sit on the bench, I think Lyles is the odd man out if a move is made for DFS. He’s only listed at 6’7, but can guard up and is better than Lyles defensively.

Realgm pistons all like the deal for DFS (Mitchell, Duarte, and a first)

Definitely think that would be the closing lineup defense and shooting everywhere and if barnes can play 80% of how he is now we’d be a serious threat

I like this, but unless you brought Sasha over to sit on the bench, I think Lyles is the odd man out if a move is made for DFS. He’s only listed at 6’7, but can guard up and is better than Lyles defensively.
Lyles is established as a more valuable all around player than Vezenkov at this point. Doesn't matter that they a brought a guy over from Europe, you have to win the spot

Lyles is established as a more valuable all around player than Vezenkov at this point. Doesn't matter that they a brought a guy over from Europe, you have to win the spot
Especially into a playoff team that retained most of it's playoff core from a year ago.

I think Sasha has been good in his minutes, but we also don't see in practice what's been going on and he also hasn't been SO overwhelming that Brown has no choice but to play him. I do agree Brown is being very stubborn with his USG of Javale, which would open up some time for Sasha by moving Lyles to small-ball 5, but outside of that? There really just isn't much room behind Keegan/HB/Lyles, which is who he's competing with for minutes.

We'll see what happens at the deadline, but I got to think HB's reemergence over the past 3 games has changed some things around our deadline plan. Couple that with Huerter playing excellent over his past 10 games and all of a sudden it's like we're getting a massive trade deadline boost without moving any parts around.

Yes I agree Lyles is a better player at this point. But I was talking in terms of the commitment the franchise has invested into Sasha. If you bring in DFS, one of HB, Lyles or Sasha will be the odd man out.

Yes I agree Lyles is a better player at this point. But I was talking in terms of the commitment the franchise has invested into Sasha. If you bring in DFS, one of HB, Lyles or Sasha will be the odd man out.
Keeping in mind that the franchise just signed Lyles in the off season as well

Last edited:
There is a big difference between the the player making that decision as opposed to the team. Also, it is much easier to adjust as a team during the off-season.
We can agree to disagree. I don't think GP cares about how the move is perceived to deal Corliss, Barry, amd JWill which were all fan favorites and good teammates to build a contending team. Players either want to win or get paid (or both). If they feel they have a better chance to win they understand what the league is about. When's the last time a move tanked a team because of pouting?

^ THIS x Infinity. You're not just given a spot in the starting 5 in the NBA, you have to earn it.
I think some don't give Lyles enough credit for how solid of a shooter he is. Even though Vezenkov is known more as a pure shooter, there isn't much separation right now between them on the 3 ball. You don't get extra credit for your shot looking prettier when it goes through the net

Especially into a playoff team that retained most of it's playoff core from a year ago.

I think Sasha has been good in his minutes, but we also don't see in practice what's been going on and he also hasn't been SO overwhelming that Brown has no choice but to play him. I do agree Brown is being very stubborn with his USG of Javale, which would open up some time for Sasha by moving Lyles to small-ball 5, but outside of that? There really just isn't much room behind Keegan/HB/Lyles, which is who he's competing with for minutes.

We'll see what happens at the deadline, but I got to think HB's reemergence over the past 3 games has changed some things around our deadline plan. Couple that with Huerter playing excellent over his past 10 games and all of a sudden it's like we're getting a massive trade deadline boost without moving any parts around.
The only thing I can think of for why he keeps going back to McGee, is that he wants to make sure he's still active and ready going down the stretch in case Len gets hurt again. He already knows that Len can go for very long stretches of not playing...and then return with the same solid play.

Other than that, it isn't close and Len has been the better player. If it were me, I'd be giving him all the playing time right now in competitive games

im curious why everyone is so interested in DFS? i doubt adding him to the team helps us get past the first round. That would be a very underwhelming trade deadline.
DFS is a borderline elite defender who can defend 1-4 his defense alone improves us and held us defend vs all the wings were gonna face. On offense he doesn’t need the ball and would let out big three do there thing while providing spacing shooting 38% on five attempts. You don’t need to trade for a star especially when there’s non available just look at NYK after they traded for OG

https://www.si.com/nba/nets/news/wh...e-Doe is one of,best to contribute on defense.

DFS is a borderline elite defender who can defend 1-4 his defense alone improves us and held us defend vs all the wings were gonna face. On offense he doesn’t need the ball and would let out big three do there thing while providing spacing shooting 38% on five attempts. You don’t need to trade for a star especially when there’s non available just look at NYK after they traded for OG

https://www.si.com/nba/nets/news/why-dorian-finney-smith-is-a-valuable-trade-target-across-the-league#:~:text=Doe-Doe is one of,best to contribute on defense.
hes also almost 31, shoots 41 % from the field, not a shot blocker, below average free throw shooter, kinda weak rebounding #s for a PF.. the Kings are a team that needs more toughness and intensity there.. I dont know, i just dont see it.
If i'm going to trade young players and multiple 1st rounders i would swing a little more for the fences and try and find someone that fits the core age of this team.

hes also almost 31, shoots 41 % from the field, not a shot blocker, below average free throw shooter, kinda weak rebounding #s for a PF.. the Kings are a team that needs more toughness and intensity there.. I dont know, i just dont see it.
If i'm going to trade young players and multiple 1st rounders i would swing a little more for the fences and try and find someone that fits the core age of this team.
Robert Horry ringing any bells? Tell me he wasn't impactful.

im curious why everyone is so interested in DFS? i doubt adding him to the team helps us get past the first round. That would be a very underwhelming trade deadline.
He is an impact defender and 36% career 3pt shooter. In his last 5 seasons, he has shot 38%, 39%, 40%, 33%, and 38% from three, with the lower year being the year he was traded midseason and had some injuries. He can easily guard 2-4 and is sort of the prototype 3/D defender that we are always looking for, and with good size. You could run all sorts of fun lineups with him and Keegan on the wings, or sliding Keegan to the 2 to go jumbo.

He is an impact defender and 36% career 3pt shooter. In his last 5 seasons, he has shot 38%, 39%, 40%, 33%, and 38% from three, with the lower year being the year he was traded midseason and had some injuries. He can easily guard 2-4 and is sort of the prototype 3/D defender that we are always looking for, and with good size. You could run all sorts of fun lineups with him and Keegan on the wings, or sliding Keegan to the 2 to go jumbo.
I get it, but he's not worth the Kings top assets. Sabonis needs help at the rim, Kings have zero protection/resistance there.. they got destroyed on the boards in the playoffs last year. An aging DFS dosent do much for that. A Jalen Smith type of player makes way more sense to me.

Last edited:
I get it, but he's not worth the Kings top assets. Sabonis needs help at the rim, Kings have zero protection/resistance there.. they got destroyed on the boards in the playoffs last year. An aging DFS dosent do much for that. A Jalen Smith type of player makes way more sense to me.
Who can we even bring in that can block shots and also can spread the floor? Jalen Smith won’t help much when teams wings hunt him and Sabonis in pick and roll and neither can play PF

Is "aging" as a player based on a certain day that they reach in their life, or on how they currently look as a player combined with major injury history?